Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the FULL RELEASE content (re-made)

as the forum was closed due to beta going into full, this conversation was closed...

I am re-opening this thread myself.

.. It's all copied and pasted... 3-5 years on using the ctrl and C/P keys..

Arma 2/OA was by far the best arma game out shit loads of content.. And the possibilities were endless.

Not to mention the tanks looked different than each other, more cars, female civilians, no copy paste shit, more planes, an actual campaign on release with sp and mp missions.

If arma 2 had the rv4 engine Nd was completely re done that would have done it for me I would have paid triple just for that.

I really don't see this going anywhere... From the official side of things. The community have to change so much it's unreal.

For example blast core visuals.... Look how great it looks..

Jsrs... Compare them to normal sounds.. Big Lol

And the biggest credit of them all is all in arma.. He's trying to do the impossible and he's got my respect.

What I'm trying to say is that there are signs of copy paste that suggests a shortcut. What I would like to know is what have they been doing for the past X amount of years?

Anyone can copy paste stuff and write posts saying we are removing this and this and this.

I would have preferred quantity over quality..

Sorry for the moan but I'm saying what everyone else is thinking, I don't see the blood and tears put into this game like I did with all the other series.

I'm sorry but I'm very disapointed on how things have been done this round.

Summary of whats been said so far...

some people have disagreed and agreed on my behalf..

some people have said A2 had more content

some people have said A3 is fine

some people have argued

a few devs did reply.

heres an example from my good friend Jarhead (creator of JSRS)

Actually... some may follow my Dev Diary on my forums. As I stated there it seems I have like 90% of the games content covered already. Missing things are two vehicles and some firing modes on some weapons. Minus the bugs and issues that may appear in the testing phase I would say... JSRS is more than 0.1 already. Due to the fact that BIS actually share hull and weapons with most vehicles I covered everything already... I'm a bit disappointed to be honest...

So actually we'll do a closed testing phase withing the next two weeks and then... believe it our not... JSRS would be FINAL!!!

Can't believe I've covered the whole in just one month Oo

LJ

please keep any disrespectful thoughts to yourself and keep this thread on track and pleasant!

I ask all people who can remember who posted on the thread to summarise what they have said so it kicks off the thread again.

thanks all

Tyl3r

Edited by tyl3r99

Wow, your post got reported already...

Anyway I do agree that Arma 3 doesn't have that much of a content. I was super excited like every other was. Now, before all "pro" players go like "I HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME FOR X HOURS AND I AM ENJOYING IT" it's about the content, not about how you enjoy it.

Arma 2 was perfect, even without realistic animations it was still the best one. There is one gun I hate which is called the MX (ACR). I would prefer L86 or M16A4 as it works better. Now, I am not really good at reading the future. I do know that guns will change, and so will the military too. But I think there should be woman civil's just like in Arma 2 on missions. Oh also I want to bring the fact that the campaign wasn't done on release, WHY did you not delay it? It would have been sooo much better. Did you delay it? Nope, you let us down (kind of). I was so ready for this game but I weren't ready enough.

This is my opinion, I am not sure if I have some offensive words on my opinion since I see people getting infractions for writing things that can be taken serious. Notify me if I have something offensive.

@OP,

Why do you think that thread got closed?

And seriously, carry on what you are doing and those infractions will rise to the point of you being banned. Do you really want that? I guess not.

A quick search and I came up with this thread which suits your needs perfectly:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163727-Is-the-game-dumbed-down&highlight=arma+content

Oh also I want to bring the fact that the campaign wasn't done on release, WHY did you not delay it? It would have been sooo much better. Did you delay it? Nope, you let us down (kind of). I was so ready for this game but I weren't ready enough.

Just saying, I don't think that it is that easy to delay a game just like that, especially one with ArmA3's... let's say complicated development.

In the words of the still great Christian Allen when asked about this:"Yeah, they should have delayed the release and laid off a bunch of staff. That would be much better."

Just saying, I don't think that it is that easy to delay a game just like that, especially one with ArmA3's... let's say complicated development.

In the words of the still great Christian Allen when asked about this:"Yeah, they should have delayed the release and laid off a bunch of staff. That would be much better."

Christian Allen? The guy who had to apologise on his own forums for his behaviour and whose own game is now flopping due to bugs and lack of content?

Christian Allen? The guy who had to apologise on his own forums for his behaviour and whose own game is now flopping due to bugs and lack of content?

You're missing the point, but yeah, that guy. Say what you want about him, or his games, or his sarcasm, but he knows his stuff when it comes to the process of game development.

Off topic: What do you mean by " apologise on his own forums for his behaviour?" Just asking, been there for a few months now.

You're missing the point, but yeah, that guy. Say what you want about him, or his games, or his sarcasm, but he knows his stuff when it comes to the process of game development.

Off topic: What do you mean by " apologise on his own forums for his behaviour?" Just asking, been there for a few months now.

He does?

Is that why his game is such an utter trainwreck - because he understands game development?

Sorry, I will have to strongly disagree with you there.

He does?

Is that why his game is such an utter trainwreck - because he understands game development?

Sorry, I will have to strongly disagree with you there.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. Unless it's become acceptable to release games in such a state.

@OP: Glad this ain't the full game or the final version then.

Heres a radical idea for the malcontent (pun most def intended) -Don't buy games prerelease or even at launch until you read the reviews!

Crazy I know, but it works really, really well for me. For instance, I preordered Wolfire's Overgrowth Alpha 2 years ago and it's still in Alpha and doesn't have the even the glimmer of a full game in sight. Am I disappointed? Nein. If I wanted a full game I could trust I would wait for the full release + feedback reviews. Another game I will most surely buy in Alpha is Star Citizen but I never, ever count or carry the belief that everything they're aiming for is guaranteed to be in release.

Note for the wise.

Edited by froggyluv

Heres a radical idea for the malcontent (pun most def intended) -Don't buy games prelease or even at launch until you read the reviews!

Crazy I know, but it works really, really well for me. For instance, I preordered Wolfire's Overgrowth Alpha 2 years ago and it's still in Alpha and doesn't have the even the glimmer of a full game in sight. Am I disappointed? Nein. If I wanted a full game I could trust I would wait for the full release + feedback reviews. Another game I will most surely buy in Alpha is Star Citizen but I never, ever count or carry the belief that everything they're aiming for is guaranteed to be in release.

Note for the wise.

actually you have the point.

I guess many who did buy arma 3 at pre release, or at release, and got disspointed, were actually the fans, who were sure, they will like the new arma. And now, they became absolute haters, just because of 180°C turns and 75% haeling faks. Really "bad" stuff, to start hating the game, if you ask me.

He posts regularly as you probably know and his comments started journeying from trollish to short-tempered. Then a new PR guy joined the team (might have been part of 505?) and Christian posted an apology and deleted his previous posts.

To think I paid €10 more for Arma 3, clocked in 130 hours and haven't played TD for more than 15 minutes. All the people complaining about Arma 3 content you really aren't aware of just how good you have it.

Heres a radical idea for the malcontent (pun most def intended) -Don't buy games prerelease or even at launch until you read the reviews!

+5.000

I love Arma III so far, I came from Battlefield and would never go back (especially in BF's current iteration), but I do think that we really need some PvP large-scale content from the developer. Something that lets us have land, sea, and air vehicles as well as infrantry all engaged on this giant island trying to take objectives in a focused way. Right now I do admit in Becti and other PvP CTI games, I spend most of my time looking for action. This doesn't bother me totally and is probably more realistic too, but I think the game's potential is being underutilized at the moment. The devs could add a lot by just creating a few PvP modes to address this.

im going to take a deep breath and pretend that i didnt hear that...

normally id reply but im not risking it

(fyi - i believe ive been given 2 infractions when i was only meant to be given one)

mods... close this thread please as dale said... a new thread is present

GREAT but how to apply this theory to arma 3?

in this game there are two MBT that of Blufor has the recoil on main gun and all the textures , whilst that of Opfor is a 50' war movie with Zippo instead of main gun. why? is a BUG? so far the Opfor doesn't have a MBT

( if I speak about the AA vehicles i will get the second infraction)

as dale said... a new thread is present

nooo that thread is only about the medic

Edited by Zukov

in this game there are two MBT that of Blufor has the recoil on main gun and all the textures , whilst that of Opfor is a 50' war movie with Zippo instead of main gun. why? is a BUG? so far the Opfor doesn't have a MBT

I had the same problem i couldn't find information about games. Until i found this cool website that has a huge amount of information about games, you just type keywords into a textfield and click the magnifying glass icon. Then a huge list of websites will pop up on your screen. The cool part is all the websites will contain content related to the keywords you typed into the textfield. So if you type in "arma" then it displays a list of websites that have information about arma. If you type "arma scripting", the website is smart enough to show only websites that have information about scripting in arma. Its very accurate and fast and i use it all the time to find out about any subject. Anyways here is the link www.google.com

what? Isn't the T-100 an MBT?

what? Isn't the T-100 an MBT?

no recoil

no coaxial

you are able to see inside

if you go below, you are able to hit the crew with rifle

there's a video around that explains all

found

Edited by Zukov

actually you have the point.

I guess many who did buy arma 3 at pre release, or at release, and got disspointed, were actually the fans, who were sure, they will like the new arma. And now, they became absolute haters, just because of 180°C turns and 75% haeling faks. Really "bad" stuff, to start hating the game, if you ask me.

don't forget the massive discount, on the base game, the ARMA x steam thingy, all the DLC for free (on top of the base repair DLC's). if you brought in alpha you got something like 40% off retail

i think i got a good deal

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

I had the same problem i couldn't find information about games. Until i found this cool website that has a huge amount of information about games, you just type keywords into a textfield and click the magnifying glass icon. Then a huge list of websites will pop up on your screen. The cool part is all the websites will contain content related to the keywords you typed into the textfield. So if you type in "arma" then it displays a list of websites that have information about arma. If you type "arma scripting", the website is smart enough to show only websites that have information about scripting in arma. Its very accurate and fast and i use it all the time to find out about any subject. Anyways here is the link www.google.com

you need this, it gets the point across better

http://lmgtfy.com/

example;

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=arma+3+reviews

I will also add on the lack of content vs. arma 2. arma 2 was using models from as far back as OFP. so it really 4 or so games worth of art assests. this game is one, so it should have about 1/4. less if you accept they are better models

Edited by nimrod123

don't forget the massive discount, on the base game, the ARMA x steam thingy, all the DLC for free (on top of the base repair DLC's). if you brought in alpha you got something like 40% off retail

guys really think that the price is a value, concerning arma 3?

for me no (and i believe a lot of people around this forum)

this is a game for adult and fans of military equipment. like me . i want few good models perfect animations and a powerful tools to modify and create a new contents and a enjoyable MP

if BIS would sell the game with visitor 4 and all models at state of the art, i would pay even 300 euros, because Arma 3 would be is my only game, and i don't believe that i'm alone

if BIS would sell the game with visitor 4 and all models at state of the art, i would pay even 300 euros, because Arma 3 would be is my only game, and i don't believe that i'm alone

Definitely agreed.