TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

I have made a relyable JDAM script that's usable for Spartan's F/A-18. Tested throroughly in MP, giving no issues and works perfectly.

Accuracy is exactly as prescribed.

But since it needs a somewhat modified version of the PBO I will just send it on request. So send me a PMif you are interested.

Sent you a pm

Just a post to say thank you !

This is the best vehicle mod i've ever tested on arma 3. Absolutly no default for me !

Yes one, but i guess it is a arma3 problem : GBU are useless as we don't have the bombing reticle.

Regarding this, i've tested TPW hud mod, it displays the point where to aim if we want to touch the target, probably considering target velocity and so on... ;)

Thanks again.

Do you guys plan on adding some type of life raft for ejecting over water? im not sure if the F/A18 has it in real life i would assume so, but i remeber seeing an aircraft in arma 2 with a ejection seat and raft

Probably the Wyvern X-02 as I remember that from OFP

Gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful.

So as I understand it, the GPS-display will be PIP.

Is there any way we can switch off the cockpit mirrors, or at least the side ones? Because I use Trackir, I don't need the side mirrors, I only need the top one, and I would like to be able to have better-framerate when flying.

I wasnt following the development lately so this might have been answered: have you upgraded the collision lights to the new system?

Also this might sound nitpicky but a thin border around the mirrors could greatly improve their appearance IMO (best pic I could find: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111001195034/acecombat/images/thumb/3/3a/SU35_cockpit.jpg/500px-SU35_cockpit.jpg)

Edited by Kecske

Are there any plans of slapping a tailhook and folding wings onto the Su-35 for a Su-33?

Are there any plans of slapping a tailhook and folding wings onto the Su-35 for a Su-33?

That would be awesome, though we would still be needing an Admiral Kuznetsov...

To help this addon go in the right direction for Helmet-mounted sights, I made this script:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11221288/Arma3/fpm.sqf

At this point it will display a Flight Path Marker on ANY aircraft.

Unlike the flight path markers we have in all other Arma HUD's, this will accurately display where the aircraft is really going, as in real life.

The way I made it now is how it will be seen by the pilot when wearing a helmet mounted display. (Except I use a default Arma symbol)

The addon makers can confine it's displaying within the region of the HUD them selves.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

That would be awesome, though we would still be needing an Admiral Kuznetsov...

Speaking of carriers, I have found blueprints for a thing called a supercarrier.

http://bagera3005.deviantart.com/art/CVX-100-USS-America-85696387

It is a huge aircraft carrier with two runways called the USS America. It seems kind of outlandish at first glance, but it fits in with our current ship development and, according to the author, it will be in active service in 2030, so it is right in arma 3's timeframe.

I find it hard to take serious at first glance.

But then imagine people from WWII seeing drawings of the Nimitz

Not going to start an argument about carriers in our thread. But if the Navy was seeking active development of a new carrier design (which they have already done and decided on) then we would know. The only current carrier to be built around that time is CVN-80 USS Enterprise which will be commissioned in 2025 (Ford Class Aircraft Carrier). The last of the Nimitz class won't even be decommissioned until 2058. Nimitz class ships will be replaced on a one for one basis with a Ford. Current Ford class being built (and is already been put to sea) is the Gerald R. Ford CVN- 78.

1-aircraft-carrier.jpg

http://www.wallsheer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Gerald-R-Ford-Class-CVN-78-Aircraft-Carriers-United-States.jpg (185 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/NYi9g.png (930 kB)

Other then that it is a cool concept drawing. :)

I find this concept from H.A.W.X 2 more realistic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKL4TU7WWyA

Its bascially an extra long and wide carrier with an extra command tower. I don't really see the point in having 2 runways to be honest. It would be cool to have but its not like a Nimtiz can't already launch enough aircraft quickly enough. Besides, the catamaran configuration is great for stability on small ships, but it horrible to have on an large ship. It would bascially mean 3 times the drag, and with a ship that size you don't need extra stability in rough waters. Let alone the stresses on the points where the two runways meet the hull, it would need an impossibly strong metal to build.

So I seem to not be able to figure out how to get JDAMs to work. I set the target on the GPS targeting tool, Fly a decent range from it, and drop the bombs. How do I know I am in an "acceptable" location to drop the bombs?

Guys, Spartan and Saul already stated that the current GPS targeting is still Alpha, and will sooner or later get an overhaul. The system that is in place right now is more a proof of concept. So don't bother posting each and every problem you find. It has likely already been found by someone else or Sparten and Saul themselves.

Have you locked on to the GPS target first?

Did not, did not know that was a requirement. I saw a video of use and thought It just guided with out it. But good to know. I have tried locking on but it didn't work, guess it is still buggy as mentioned.

have a look through the scripts section and grab up the video guided bomb script if you want your guided bomb missions to pick up some real steam :D

The EA-18G ''The Growler'' is a modified version of the FA-18 Super Hornet Coming fresh off of boeings assembly lines with updated munitions and ordnances. It is an electronic warfare aircraft; in that it's primary role is to fly ahead of the fighter formation using intensive 360 degree advanced radar and tracking jamming technology's. Love the Super Hornet you guys have provided the community that has now made itself a staple in most if not all real-mil-sim community's server mod sets. And since Arma 3 is all about looking towards the future of warfare I thought this may be a source of new information that you guys may take interest in.

The EA-18G ''The Growler'' is a modified version of the FA-18 Super Hornet Coming fresh off of boeings assembly lines with updated munitions and ordnances. It is an electronic warfare aircraft; in that it's primary role is to fly ahead of the fighter formation using intensive 360 degree advanced radar and tracking jamming technology's. Love the Super Hornet you guys have provided the community that has now made itself a staple in most if not all real-mil-sim community's server mod sets. And since Arma 3 is all about looking towards the future of warfare I thought this may be a source of new information that you guys may take interest in.

Problem is that there's really no reason to have such an aircraft in Arma, because there's hardly any radar simulation, infact its bascially non excistant. Its just lock on, and try to evade with flares. An aircraft like this wouldn't have any significant role in my opinion, it would just imply some extra things you could hang under the wings without any use.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Hardly any radar simulation YET! As we know it is surprising what the community / BIS can come up with.