TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Congrats on the release guys!! Keep up the good work :D!

Edit: Hey guys I seem to be having a little trouble with the GPS system. It says that by creating a GPS point you make a lockable target for the GBU 38/31 correct? Well, does that mean that the bomb is already automatically locked or do you still have to use the vanilla locking system? Because I have default "T" as lock or zoom in my keybindings, but I don't get a square with a diamond like I should.

Also I have some suggestions for the GPS system. Would it be an idea to be able to lock onto multiple targets so you can hit several targets in a single bombing run? Also, perhaps a way to inidiacte wether you have hit your target by changing to color of the waypoint from black to red, or from black to green on the map.

Edit: I figuered it out, I just wasn't in effective range. However this does bring up a question. Because I thought this would function similair to the old GPS/INS system in Arma 2. Where you would just click on the map somewhere, and if you were within the correctible speed/altitude limit at which the fins on the Jdam could correct the fligthpath, it would just fly to the target.

I'm not asking you to implement the same but I feel like you should atleast try to increase the effective range of the Jdam because right you you're sort of forced into flying low and slow, instead of high and fast which is usually how Jdam drops work.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Being able to program coordinates with specific bombs would be cool and realistic.

Indicators on which have been struck isnt really. (Unless its connected to difficulty mode, that would rock!)

OMFG new release! Congratulations on making it to v1.6 and thanks for all the hard work, my friends and I really appreciate the effort you've put into this :)

Here's a superb video of a Eurofighter Typhoon as payment and thanks.

Bon.

@All - GPS targeting system is something we are trailing right now and we will look to improve it in near future. Concept itself is nothing new - might be familiar from A2 when Franze and Feint introduced this tech. What we would like to add with feature updates is a communication between multiple aircraft and JTAC on ground sharing these GPS target coordinates for more interesting gameplay. Also MFD's will receive some polish - looking how nice BI done new aircraft models we have some work to do to catch up. This is definitely not a final version of these bad boys. And thanks for feedback and support.

Carry on.

Thank you very much for informing about the updated release! :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (John_Spartan) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

@Fuller - Thanks mate.

@All - GPS targeting system is something we are trailing right now and we will look to improve it in near future. Concept itself is nothing new - might be familiar from A2 when Franze and Feint introduced this tech. What we would like to add with feature updates is a communication between multiple aircraft and JTAC on ground sharing these GPS target coordinates for more interesting gameplay. Also MFD's will receive some polish - looking how nice BI done new aircraft models we have some work to do to catch up. This is definitely not a final version of these bad boys. And thanks for feedback and support.

Spartan out.

You may want to contact Franze about that then because a shared system is exactly what we had in our apache, either waypoints or target data, both shareable and also targetable.

Thanks for the update.

This is an awesome mod.

couple of issues to report.

1. when placed inside a hanger the engines start up but don't go above idle so cant be taxied out of hanger. everything else on the ground appears to work.

2. texture for RAAF. the plane still has us markings on the wings instead of RAAF. also the markings for RAAF are both under the wing not one on top on one side and one under the wing on the other.

Awesome update, I haven't given it a spin yet but will do shortly. I have one question, is the pilots manual the aircraft manual? I'm assuming it's not but the only link named pilots manual that I can see is on the Armaholic news page where the mods listed - http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?c=news_arma3_mods Only issue is I get a 404 with that link.

Thanks again for all the hard work that has been and still is being put into this mod.

*Oh I nearly forgot. In earlier versions in relation to skins I noticed the RAAF (Aussie) skin has a US emblem on the underside of the wing, I only spotted this after folding the wings. If it hasn't been reported and/or fixed already can it be put on the list of things that aren't really that important but still need a fix eventually. Again, thanks for this amazing mod. :notworthy:

EDIT: "geoffw" Ninja got me by a few seconds :yeahthat:. I noticed this a month or so ago but I was being lazy and also thought it wasn't really that urgent.

Edited by AusCleaver

I want to download the manual, but it seems to be an error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /misc_utilities/JS_JC_FA18_A3_README_1.6.7z was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I want to download the manual, but it seems to be an error:

I did already fix that, all links to the manual should work just fine but if not please tell me which link you are trying to use.

What happened to the PWS version? Link just reverts to PWS frontpage.

I downloaded the one named @JS_JC_FA18 (1.6) earlier today, with PWS, but now the only one there is @FA18_A3 (1.5.1).

Temporary glitch? :)

To all contributors to this mod; I and everyone that play on our server loves you, sincerely. Please never stop :D

What happened to the PWS version? Link just reverts to PWS frontpage.

I downloaded the one named @JS_JC_FA18 (1.6) earlier today, with PWS, but now the only one there is @FA18_A3 (1.5.1).

Temporary glitch? :)

To all contributors to this mod; I and everyone that play on our server loves you, sincerely. Please never stop :D

Same problem with the Flashbang mod...the version should be named 1.60,not 1.6 ,otherwise PWS (as it's happening) recognize it as an older version...some PWS admin have to manually correct the issue,as for the other mod mentioned above. :)

First post edited with more download locations (added PWS and Armaholic).

@geoffw - For the hanger issue, what map was this on, what type of hanger, F18 E or F or both, started in the aircraft or outside it? And the RAAF skin is a known issue which unfortunately requires more than a little texture fixing in order to correct this little issue. Thankfully I was already planning on upgrading the model for the F18.

AND FIRST POST ON PAGE 100, woot.

Edited by Saul

i ream manul but still don't know how to use gps bomb system :(

Edited by kgino1045

@geoffw - For the hanger issue, what map was this on, what type of hanger, F18 E or F or both, started in the aircraft or outside it?

the map i am using is altis, it is both E and F. upon further testing at appears its not related to the hanger after all.

if i open a mission in the editor that has had a previous ver (I'v only ever used 1.5) and preview it has the problem.

if i delete the f18's and place them down again then preview it works.if i save that mission then close it and reopen the issue comes back.

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 ----------

ok more testing... its whenever it is placed to close to another vehicle like plane quad bike etc.

i did have other things in the hangers where i had the planes which is what made my first thought a problem with the hangers.

the problem does not show if you place vehicles behind, only in front.

1.5 did not have this problem.

edit: the problem only occurs for thrust [analog] control

Edited by geoffw

I mange to lock the gps target at flat ground but in Mountain i can't lock on it.

it because the tree is there?

Same problem with the Flashbang mod...the version should be named 1.60,not 1.6 ,otherwise PWS (as it's happening) recognize it as an older version...some PWS admin have to manually correct the issue,as for the other mod mentioned above. :)

Yup, seems correct. There seemed to be a short period of "O_o" on PWS with this mod as the latest stable were defined as 1.51. If I went into the change version menu 1.6 were available, it just wasn't defined as latest stable somehow.

All is good now tho. :D

Some thoughts;

* LOVE the new afterburner. Makes take off a lot more enjoyable.

* GPS/INS system is really nice aswell. Will that replace eventually replace "radar" lock-on for the different JDAMs perhaps?

The reason for asking about lock replacement is that in a "destroy convoy" or other cluttered scenarios it can become quite difficult to find the GPS target since radar locks will appear well before GPS will. I'm not saying "do like diz, plz" ... just an inquiry on mod makers thoughts/plans :)

* I had earlier issues (with 1.50) with Buddypod and refueling. Works like a charm now <3

All in all; much wow! :)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43458113.jpg (127 kB)

Don't you feel that the GPS square appears very late ? I mean it is gps ... So we should be able to active the square very early , in order to (lock and) drop bombs at high altitude and long range.

Don't you feel that the GPS square appears very late ? I mean it is gps ... So we should be able to active the square very early , in order to (lock and) drop bombs at high altitude and long range.

Whatever they did with it, it's broken. The GBU12's (called LGB12s) have this 5 degree cone you have to be in for a 'lock'.

This also exsist with the JDAM but they made it a 1 degree cone or less. Which makes is only realistically possible on real close proximity. Furtherst standoff I was ever able to get a lock (for a split second) was 1200m

But wait for the update! GPS guidance is comming!