tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Sure, I assumed such low digits were irrelevant.

Yay!

:) Nice!

it's probably not noticeable at 4th digit, other than in test with a speedometer. :)

I pushed that small update that stlassen requested, no need to download the new version unless you want to tweak the values beyond two digits. Links in my signature, as always.

Yay!

I pushed that small update that stlassen requested, no need to download the new version unless you want to tweak the values beyond two digits. Links in my signature, as always.

Yay!

YAY! Thank you! It works. :)

TPW MODS 20140919: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140919.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.42] Proximity element may now be hidden correctly. Fixed incorrect assignment of goggles.

[PARK 1.12] Parked cars may be destroyed when distant from player.

Hopefully these changes haven't #$%^ed up the entire mod, because I'll be away camping for the next week and won't be able to fix them.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Looking through your TPW ANIMSPEED config.cpp, it looks like defined run_rifle haven't been implemented.

Is that on purpose of a mistake

I've defined it but haven't been able to implement it satisfactorily yet.

I've defined it but haven't been able to implement it satisfactorily yet.

Oh, I see. :) What's the issue?

TPW, lately I got several reports about Pilgrimage, so there is many unexpected fights around including blufor units, which aren't at all in the mission. I think in all cases there was same cause - they was playing with your mods not even knowing, it adds skirmish around the player. If this was only single report - OK, someone could miss that. But there was more such cases and that's not end, I think. So, maybe, could be done something to make users better awared about such deeply changing the gameplay component like skirmish? I would even suggest disable it by default, as this one does more than only enhance gameplay experience. It introduces very serious, intrusive change into gameplay that not always is good thing, rather would be useful only in certain situations and prepared for it scenarios, not by default.

TPW, lately I got several reports about Pilgrimage, so there is many unexpected fights around including blufor units, which aren't at all in the mission. I think in all cases there was same cause - they was playing with your mods not even knowing, it adds skirmish around the player. If this was only single report - OK, someone could miss that. But there was more such cases and that's not end, I think. So, maybe, could be done something to make users better awared about such deeply changing the gameplay component like skirmish? I would even suggest disable it by default, as this one does more than only enhance gameplay experience. It introduces very serious, intrusive change into gameplay that not always is good thing, rather would be useful only in certain situations and prepared for it scenarios, not by default.

I have to agree with Rydygier. TPW Skirmish is very good and interesting but in most situation, at least in the mission I'm usually playing, it can be quite intrusive. I think the best solution is to have it be disabled by default.

You could also include an on screen notification that is impossible to miss (BIG TEXT IN THE MIDDLE OF SCREEN... or something ;) )... Text that can be turned off in the settings.

If you turn of the text and/or you enable the skirmish, then you know it's on.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

I think, to some extend, also the other spawn modules as well, can be intrusive.

Edited by stlassen

Well if the end consumer is not aware of what each module does it's his fault, not tpw's.

Yay!

Well if the end consumer is not aware of what each module does it's his fault, not tpw's.

Yay!

No blame being assigned here, just pointing out possible problematic issues that could be solved easily.

It's not about fault! Of course, existence of the whole mod is solely TPW's "fault", he can't deny it. :)

But seriously. Whoever is responsible, just is, as is (end user often does not read documentation, that's simple fact), and perhaps someting as simple may be done to prevent some confusion.

Edited by Rydygier

What's easier than reading comments in the .hpp or tooltips in the GUI? If the end user downloads this package he ought to be aware of what the package does, or are players just downloading mods and casually activating them without even knowing what they do? The feautures spoiler in the OP is a one minute read and contains all you need to understand that infantry combat may break missions; the details spoiler even has a disclaimer about that.

I could take care of the issue anyway, but the effectiveness depens on how you install the mod. How many of you use the provided installer? I didn't get much feedback about it, hence I have no idea if it is used or not.

Yay!

What's easier than reading comments in the .hpp or tooltips in the GUI?

Not reading is easier, of course. :) I think, some aren't even awared, so/how they should set things in the .hpp. These are mostly "Workshop players", fresh blood not familiarized with modding ways. Really, in the past I had many times to explain end users surprisingly obvious (to me) things, documented and pointed in readmes, tooltips, in-game, whatever... Some people just don't read. So it's hard to amaze me in this matter. I'm not telling about end user responsibility, I'm just describing observed reality and suggesting simple solutions. Disabling skirmish by deafult IMO should alone solve this perfectly while seems reasonable anyway. If, as addition, skirmish would get separate point on the features list instead of beeing one of sub-points of "infantry realism" (not quite adequate BTW) - would be superb.

Edited by Rydygier

a) People most likely download tpw_mods for slight enhancements, not complete game changers b) they install via PWS or Workshop, i.e. its perfectly understandable if they do not read documentations. Hinthint: ArmA is not the centre of the world.

Set defaults responsibly, its about this. Skirmish should not be enabled per default, Rydygier is completely right. We shouldn't waste our time discussing obvious things.

Edited by tortuosit

It's quite clear from reading post at this thread as well as in a whole lot of other threads, that people don't always read readme's or otherwise follow supposedly clear instructions put in plain sight. Some may simply just not understand the meaning of the words or the implications of disabling vs. enabling a mod. There are many reasons for that, some very good. The best one can do as programmer/developer is to be somewhat "defensive" in the programming/design style, meaning to take those things into consideration and make it easy for those who don't follow the instructions, whatever the reason, so they don't end up in situations that can be potentially gamebreaking.

Btw, I install manually.

Of course, existence of the whole mod is solely TPW's "fault", he can't deny it. :)

He can't deny that, he has to take the credit for this brilliant mod.

As regards Skirmish, most users don't install TPW Mods for the Skirmish module. I disable it when I install the mod, and consider it an extra feature that can be used if desired. I agree that it should be disabled by default, but there could be a bit more information about how to use it. I tried it out in one of my own missions, and the enemy got wiped out along with their air support and I never fired a shot. So I then tagged along with some BLUFOR units, but I didn't have time to see what developed, so I really don't know what it is capable of.

I had updated TPW Mods one day and forgot to disable Skirmish when I tried out a new mission from the Workshop. It took me a while to realise that the combat wasn't actually part of the mission. I had to disable Skirmish and start the mission again. I consider that to be my mistake, but could have been avoided if it was disabled by default.

I love TPW Mods and always try to customise it in relation to the mission I am playing, but sometimes you have to try the mission first to see what works and what doesn't.

As tpw is away at the moment, nothing will change for the next couple of weeks anyway.

So true. .. I love the skirmish element but it keeps completing some objectives in my own missions before I can get there... think kill hvt. I like being able to add it to some missions but for me that has been mission dependant.

He can't deny that, he has to take the credit for this brilliant mod.

As regards Skirmish, most users don't install TPW Mods for the Skirmish module. I disable it when I install the mod, and consider it an extra feature that can be used if desired. I agree that it should be disabled by default, but there could be a bit more information about how to use it. I tried it out in one of my own missions, and the enemy got wiped out along with their air support and I never fired a shot. So I then tagged along with some BLUFOR units, but I didn't have time to see what developed, so I really don't know what it is capable of.

I had updated TPW Mods one day and forgot to disable Skirmish when I tried out a new mission from the Workshop. It took me a while to realise that the combat wasn't actually part of the mission. I had to disable Skirmish and start the mission again. I consider that to be my mistake, but could have been avoided if it was disabled by default.

I love TPW Mods and always try to customise it in relation to the mission I am playing, but sometimes you have to try the mission first to see what works and what doesn't.

As tpw is away at the moment, nothing will change for the next couple of weeks anyway.

You can keep your settings from one update to the other. :)

Yay!

Feature request

• Change the HUD keybinding to utilize CBA Keybinding System so it shows in the CBA key configuration panel.

I think the HUD is the only module that has keybindings, right?

I' m making a sp Mission and I use the ALiVE mod. Is there any conflict between TPW mod and the Ambient Civilian Placement?

Not that I have noticed. Really gives the feel of a living population with both and with what I have experienced minimal dps drops.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

No idea if this has been mentioned before. Just dropping through before bed. Noticed tonight when using TPW for the first time in a while that when I try combat pace movement, I can't move and the animation gets stuck. Doesn't require rifle, just hitting X will essentially pause the pose I was in. Just spent 10 mins starting and restarting to figure out the culprit, grr.

When I remove animspeed.pbo, issue disappears.

Edited by TheCapulet

Regarding my previously reported glitch:

The rain droplets effect on the windshield is not working on the HEMTT vehicles.

All I figured so far is that the particles are being generated behind the truck's cockpit, hence the problem. I haven't found the time yet to see what's causing this.

PS: It affects all the trucks, not only the HEMTT classes.

No idea if this has been mentioned before. Just dropping through before bed. Noticed tonight when using TPW for the first time in a while that when I try combat pace movement, I can't move and the animation gets stuck. Doesn't require rifle, just hitting X will essentially pause the pose I was in. Just spent 10 mins starting and restarting to figure out the culprit, grr.

When I remove animspeed.pbo, issue disappears.

It has been mentioned sooo many times before.

It is because your settings file is malconfigured. The settings are at the wrong places.

Look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164304-TPW-MODS-enhanced-realism-immersion-for-Arma-3-SP&p=2776335&viewfull=1#post2776335

TPW, can you put this information at the front page so we can just refer people to that page for information on how to solve the problem?