tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Has the skirmish been updated to work with multiplayer? Reason I ask is that I was online with a friend last night and forgot to turn off TPWS. He did not have it installed and we could both see the same spawned enemy units, men and vehicles.

Hi all

Sorry I've been a bit slack with the replies.

@cochise: you should be OK provided only one of you is running TPW SKIRMISH. If there are 10 people running TPW SKIRMISH you'll probably get 10x the number of combatants.

@stlassen, @sttosin, @zapat: thanks for all of the detailed info re freefall noise glitches. I'll be looking into this.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi all

Please be aware that the latest dev build (127101) appears to have broken getposatl which many of my ambient scripts rely on. Cvis and parked cars definitely are not working, probably a few others too. There's no workaround for this.

I'm wondering if you could make another variable in the config that allows to switch between addItemToUniform and linkItem for the Tactical Goggles. In infantry missions, it is not bad to have them in the inventory and only use them if needed, but in missions where you start e.g. in a chopper, you cannot reach at your TPW glasses (because inventory is unavailable then, too, which I regard a game bug, not a feature), so it would be good to have them stuck on your nose automatically. Editing the addon pbo each time you want to switch the behaviour is not really comfortable.

Sometimes the inventory is completely full right away from mission start, so that even the small tactical glasses cannot be added anymore. I think it would be advantageous if you modded the tactical glasses to have zero weight (or whatever metric is responsible for the space taken in the uniform/vest/backpack).

Also I would get rid of the loop function that constantly checks if someone has the glasses and adds them if he hasn't. Or even better make that a config option as well. It would be interesting for mission makers to let the player start without the glasses and then let him find the glasses later on as reward for some fulfilled task or add them by script when he enters a chopper etc.

just a few ideas ;)

@Brainbug, thanks for all that, plenty of food for thought. I'll see what I can come up with.

I have been over my scripts with a fine toothed comb and replaced the broken getposatl with getpos, which has restored full functionality. I will release these fixes (along with a huge raft of other changes and improvements) ASAP.

when i go prone and try to roll over it gets stuck and i can't go back standing or crouching

Edited by vlad_k

Hey, when i press c to go into the slow combat walk i stop and cannot move and have to press c again to start jogging. It actually happens to the AI aswell.

?

Arma 3 SP

Please make sure you have correctly installed/updated the tpw_mods.hpp, any misconfiguration of this will result in frozen movement.

Man I just disabled TPW for the first time in months because I thought it was messing with a very custom mission (it wasn't), what a murderously bland world it is without! Just had to let ya know that.

Man I just disabled TPW for the first time in months because I thought it was messing with a very custom mission (it wasn't), what a murderously bland world it is without! Just had to let ya know that.

Cheers mate, that's the kind of feedback that makes it all worthwhile!

i just copy paste to arma directory ...what could possibly go wrong?

i just copy paste to arma directory ...what could possibly go wrong?

What could go wrong is that your player will be unable to move.

You need to copy @TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp from the downloaded archive to \your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp

TPW MODS functions just fine with its default hpp in the correct place.

After a time in a mission my rpt.log throws a ton of this errors:

Ingame it looks like the TPW Hud is disappearing and then it come back

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 725
Error in expression <(time - _timeNow) >=_delay;>
 Error position: <_delay;>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _delay

TPW MODS 20140911: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140911.zip

Changes:

[CORE 1.09] Removed sleep from tpw_core_fnc_houses: civs should spawn reliably now.

[bLEEDOUT 1.14] Increased heartrate (bpm) will cause slight viewpoint jitter.

[CARS 1.39] Drivers correctly leave vehicles when commandeered.

[HUD 1.41] Further errors squashed. Tactical goggles will automatically be worn by the player if mission starts in vehicle.

[FALL 1.38] No freefall noise when using GetTactical view.

[EBS 1.24, FALL 1.38, FOG 1.24, LOS 1.13, RAINFX 1.07, STREETLIGHTS 1.04] Replaced getposatl (broken in dev build 127101) with getpos.

Lots of under the bonnet (or under the hood if you're American) changes and bugfixes this week. The only real new "feature" is my take on visual feedback of fatigue - namely a very slight viewpoint jitter to simulate heartbeat when the player's heartrate increases. At 60-90bpm it will be below the threshold of detection. 90-120bpm will result in slight jitter when looking through scopes. 120-180 will result in slight jitter even without a scope. Think it's bullshit? Run down the street until your heart is pounding in your chest and then look through some binoculars. This is experimental and I'm open to suggestions as long as they are not of the "this is bullshit" variety.

@LSD - this bug should be squashed with this release. Let me know if not.

Hi TPW,

Iv noticed a strange bug messing around tonight,blowing up some ambient veihicles that the mod adds.

When doing enough damage to a veihicle,it dosent explode.

Stranger still,it explodes when i get to within 2feet of it.

Im using the last build,two updates ago.

Hi TPW,

Iv noticed a strange bug messing around tonight,blowing up some ambient veihicles that the mod adds.

When doing enough damage to a veihicle,it dosent explode.

Stranger still,it explodes when i get to within 2feet of it.

Im using the last build,two updates ago.

That's probably a result of me setting spawned parked cars as enablesimulation false. If I don't, they kill fps. Cars become enablesimulation true when you get close to them, so you can get in and drive them. This means they can also explode. Not really sure how to get around this.

Ah ok i see.

Is it posssible to use show/hide somehow, then delete when player x distance away? Iv no clue on scripting but,i use show/hide module alot,saves massively on performance.

That's probably a result of me setting spawned parked cars as enablesimulation false. If I don't, they kill fps. Cars become enablesimulation true when you get close to them, so you can get in and drive them. This means they can also explode. Not really sure how to get around this.
Would it be possibile to enablesimulation when damage taken is above a certain threshold?

Yay!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

it was a problem with userconfig

it's fixed..anyway...

i don't get it i kill all the opfor and suddenly mortars begin to fall