tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

@tpw: Any chance you could please add
//animationsActivePlaceholder = 1;

just before the first #define?

Yay!

Done mate

Thanks, that avoided me a ton of headaches. The GUI is thus ready: are you going to reupload the package with the installer in or are you waiting for the next update on your part? This is just to know how to write down my usuale update post. :D

Yay!

If you have playersup = 0 then there is no possibility for fatigue fx of any kind to be applied to the player. I certainly never see them. You can still be fatigued by other TPW MODS though: if you get hit, or if you are bleeding out. Or if you are running other mods perhaps...

Ah crap, time to go on a purge,

THX

I have the next update ready to go, so write your update, send me the link, and I'll push the whole lot out. Thanks for your perseverance!

TPW MODS 20140823: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140823.zip

Changes:

[ANIM SPEED] Reduced head bobbing for lowered rifle walk.

[FOG 1.22, HOUSELIGHTS 1.09, HUD 1.37, LOS 1.12] Fixed errors related to initialising of sun angle checking.

[FALL 1.36] Fixed noises for turning prone.

Error in expression <= tpw_hud_nearunits select _ct;

_dist = _unit distance player;

if( !isNil "_unit>

Error position: <_unit distance player;

if( !isNil "_unit>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 358

EDIT:

this is from your other last update

Error in expression <= tpw_hud_nearunits select _ct;

_dist = _unit distance player;

if( !isNil "_unit>

Error position: <_unit distance player;

if( !isNil "_unit>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 358

EDIT:

this is from your other last update

Aaargghh!!!

Tracked it down, I think I'll have it solved for the next update. Thanks xrook.

The latest patch has caused a bug, I can no longer walk, with my main weapon raised or lowered the animation begins to play then stops, I've rolled back to 1.94. I can however walk with my pistol drawn and raised. This affects NPCs as well by the looks of it. I can't use the configuration tool either, it simply won't launch. I have updated Java but that didn't help.

The latest patch has caused a bug, I can no longer walk, with my main weapon raised or lowered the animation begins to play then stops, I've rolled back to 1.94. I can however walk with my pistol drawn and raised. This affects NPCs as well by the looks of it. I can't use the configuration tool either, it simply won't launch. I have updated Java but that didn't help.

When you say 1.94, what exactly are you referring to? PW6's version?

If you have a misconfigured or misplaced tpw_mods.hpp then the animation changes won't be able to grab any values and you'll not be able to move.

Please try installing manually from the dropbox download and see if your problems resolve.

About the GUI, you have to download the latest version from my github and manually modify the .hpp, at least until me and tpw figure out auto updates from the next one.

Yay!

For the GUI, I also had to delete all the saved configs I had (e.g., REVERT) in order to get the newest version to start.

I can't use the configuration tool either, it simply won't launch.

Same for me.

10 minutes and I'll provide.

Sorry for the issues, but I'm working with tpw for something that's going to make your life much easier, and the fact we live on the opposite sides of the globe doesn't help.

Yay!

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 ----------

TPW SETTINGS

[1.11.7] | UPDATE YOUR PRESETS

- added ANIMATIONS

Remember to update your presets:

- Add the lines

#define unarmed_walkspeed 0.27
#define rifledown_walkspeed 0.22
#define rifleup_walkspeed 0.81
#define roll_left 0.75
#define roll_right 0.8
//><

at the very end of the file.

Yay!

It turns out that TPW SETTINGS is very sensitive to additional comments in the TPW_MODS.hpp file. I have updated the hpp and TPW SETTINGS in the download, hopefully this will fix issues people might be having.

It turns out that TPW SETTINGS is very sensitive to additional comments in the TPW_MODS.hpp file. I have updated the hpp and TPW SETTINGS in the download, hopefully this will fix issues people might be having.
What do you mean? What comment was interfering?

Yay!

What do you mean? What comment was interfering?

Yay!

// ANIMATION SPEED CHANGES

/*

ARMA3 DEFAULTS:

#define unarmed_walkspeed 0.35

#define rifledown_walkspeed 0.3

#define rifleup_walkspeed 0.85

#define roll_left 1.1

#define roll_right 1.2

*/

#define unarmed_walkspeed 0.27

#define rifledown_walkspeed 0.22

#define rifleup_walkspeed 0.81

#define roll_left 0.75

#define roll_right 0.8

//><

Once I removed the stuff in red TPW SETTINGS.jar started straight away.

I've changed it to

#define unarmed_walkspeed 0.27 //default 0.35

#define rifledown_walkspeed 0.22 //default 0.3

#define rifleup_walkspeed 0.81 //default 0.85

#define roll_left 0.75 //default 1.1

#define roll_right 0.8 //default1.2

//><

Ah the problem is the #define at line start: you can add them back if you want by commenting each line with //; the default values are in the GUI's tooltips anyway.

Did you get my MP about using the .bat instead of the .exe to avoid the AV false positive?

Yay!

Just looking now.

So if I end up with this structure in the archive we should be OK?

@TPW_MODS <-- your folder, obviously: if you rename it "install.exe" must be modified

edits.txt <-- your edits: must be there even if there are no changes (set the first line to '0')

install.bat <-- the installer

shortcut.exe <-- there is no batch command to make shortcuts, because microsoft: this external program fills the hole

update.exe <-- the updater

Just looking now.

So if I end up with this structure in the archive we should be OK?

@TPW_MODS <-- your folder, obviously: if you rename it "install.exe" must be modified

edits.txt <-- your edits: must be there even if there are no changes (set the first line to '0')

install.bat <-- the installer

shortcut.exe <-- there is no batch command to make shortcuts, because microsoft: this external program fills the hole

update.exe <-- the updater

Yep.

Yay!

try doing this

step 1 have a squad

step 2 plant a bomb

step 3 keep moving forward

you will see something weird in front of your screen, its like TPW hud like to show some strange bug

so I have updated after not playing in a month or so and there seems to be a problem with the health level reading or something

its like always changing sometimes settles at 60 and goes up to 190 or so something like that and changes all the time

another problem I seem to have always had was the color night vision having problems after I load a save, it will go all dark and almost every time I load a save I have to reload it again and quickly press "ctrl+alt+H" to turn it on and off until it starts working properly, not really a huge problem just annoying

there seems to be a problem with the health level reading or something

its like always changing sometimes settles at 60 and goes up to 190 or so something like that and changes all the time

It's not a Health parameter but a HR monitor, so it should change. The health is just below that number.

so I have updated after not playing in a month or so and there seems to be a problem with the health level reading or something

another problem I seem to have always had was the color night vision having problems after I load a save, it will go all dark and almost every time I load a save I have to reload it again and quickly press "ctrl+alt+H" to turn it on and off until it starts working properly, not really a huge problem just annoying

Health changed a few releases ago. The main health display is now your heartrate (beats per minute) which is in fact a crude indicator of fatigue. The actual health is displayed as the smaller display underneath.

EDIT: Ninjaed by stlassen!

Not sure what to make of the NV, I will look into it.