tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Good job man. Can't imagine playing without the tweaked animation speeds. They are downright comical in vanilla. The walking animation in particular is so sped up, it's beyond ridiculous.

The HUD is amazing as well.

Excellent developments, tpw :)

PS already voted "up" on the ticket.

Just updated (using playwithsix) to version 2015.4.10 and it did not seem to work. No errors but the active components did not pop up. Confirmed and at least the HUD did not work with tactical glasses. It seemed none of the other active components were working either. Tested several times and with all other mods other than cba deactivated. I finally reverted to 2015.4.8 and that is working fine.

Just updated (using playwithsix) to version 2015.4.10 and it did not seem to work. No errors but the active components did not pop up. Confirmed and at least the HUD did not work with tactical glasses. It seemed none of the other active components were working either. Tested several times and with all other mods other than cba deactivated. I finally reverted to 2015.4.8 and that is working fine.

Same here. Latest version isn't working for me at all.

When I loaded up a previous savegame which was using the last version of TPW it complained about a missing HUD pbo.

Same here. Latest version isn't working for me at all.

When I loaded up a previous savegame which was using the last version of TPW it complained about a missing HUD pbo.

Hi guys. This wouldn't be the first time that PW6 has had some issues with TPW MODS installation. I can vouch for the fact that the mod as packaged up for Dropbox works just fine. Can you please humour me and try to download it from there?

I was already using the Dropbox download, but I grabbed it again and same thing, doesn't seem to work at all. Also tried it with all other mods except CBA disabled.

I was already using the Dropbox download, but I grabbed it again and same thing, doesn't seem to work at all. Also tried it with all other mods except CBA disabled.

Hmm, I just reinstalled from dropbox and it runs perfectly. Two things to consider:

1- Are you on dev or main? Although they should be pretty similar since the DLC release.

2 - Are you using the absolute latest CBA, RC6? A few weeks ago I started running into problems with CBA, which went away when I upgraded.

I can also confirm not working at all for me on main branch and using latest dropbox version and latest CBA....

Mod seems loaded on map screen but startup hint does not show, and no part of the mod is working in game.

Check the config is fine, post it here.

Yay!

Aaargh I had a closer look and for some reason the main tpw_mods.pbo has gone AWOL from the dropbox archive. I have replaced it. Please let me know if this fixes it!

Phew! What a @#$%ing idiot. I have contacted Armaholic and PW6 to reupload the fixed archive. Sorry guys.

Thanks for the headsup :cool:

Fixed version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice one, thanks for the quick fix. I can't play without your HUD now.

One request, if possible: would you be able to add a setting to have the HUD warning noise go off once each time there's a new contact, rather than as it is now where we can only have it go constantly or disabled completely?

If I might add a request too;

The current bullet tracking might become handy for specific situations. But for me personally I do prefer to play w/o it most of the time since it also decreases the performance and lowers the FPS significantly.

It would be nice to have the option to have this feature turned off right at the beginning and have the option to toggle it on when needed via the hotkey.

Run into another problem: I'm not getting tactical glasses in my inventory, even with the option checked in userconfig settings.

Yes, please make bullet tracking configurable in the tpw_mods.hpp, so it can be turned off by default.

Also, I think it should have a separate strictly hand grenade tracking option. So it won't affect performance nearly as much, but still be very useful.

(bCombat makes AI use hand grenades in CQC for terrifying effect. It would come in handy to see them before they land. Maybe we can have a sound warning too? If its not too much to ask..).

Edited by Hieronymus

Yes, please make bullet tracking configurable in the tpw_mods.hpp, so it can be turned off by default.

Also, I think it should have a separate strictly hand grenade tracking option. So it won't affect performance nearly as much, but still be very useful.

(bCombat makes AI use hand grenades in CQC for terrifying effect. It would come in handy to see them before they land. Maybe we can have a sound warning too? If its not too much to ask..).

+1 for these suggestions! the bullet tracking is a little overwhelming on older pcs, but a grenade tracker is a must (many times got fragged by the improved grenade tossing AI taking me by surprise - they threw it very far, we need some slack)

BTW, yesterday lost a couple of hours trying to discover which mod was causing my ArmA3 avatar to freeze when trying to walk on tactical pace... managed to figure it out it was TPW latest update, cus I didn´t use the tpw_animation (neith it´s userconfig section) and thought it was modular, but this latest version makes it mandatory... (thou putting a "0" on userconfig just keeps it disabled, right?)

BTW 2 - freeaim is bugged on A3 since v1.42, I´ve reported here and set up a ticket here and there´s this ticket too... please guys, help me upvote it so BIS notices it =(

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Hi all, thanks for the kind words and helpful feedback which I really appreciate.

I hear you about the HUD so within a few hours expect a HUD that

1 - beeps only when a new unit appears

2 - Has bullet tracing off by default

3 - Will allow you to toggle off/grenades only/all projectiles

Corporal_Lib[bR] if you remove tpw_animspeed.pbo then you just get default animation speeds, there should be no freezing because without this pbo the animation config is untouched. I recently renamed animspeed.pbo to tpw_animspeed.pbo for consistency, so when you upgraded it might be possible that you left the old animspeed.pbo in place. By default your @TPW_MODS\addons should look like this:

• optional/tpw_animspeed_notrans.pbo
  • optional/tpw_animspeed_notrans.pbo.tpw.bisign
  • ebs.pbb
  • ebs.pbo.tpw.bisign
  • flay.pbo
  • flay.pbo.tpw.bisign
  • tpw_animspeed.pbo
  • tpw_animspeed.pbo.tpw.bisign
  • tpw_hud.pbo
  • tpw_hud.pbo.tpw.bisign
  • tpw_mods.pbo
  • tpw_mods.pbo.tpw.bisign
  • tpw_music.pbo
  • tpw_music.pbo.tpw.bisign
  • tpw_sounds.pbo
  • tpw_sounds.pbo.tpw.bisign

TPW MODS 20150412: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20150412.zip

Changes:

• [HUD 1.47] "Virtual tracers" are off by default. Ctrl + Alt + T toggles between off / trace grenades only / trace all projectiles. Proximity beep only occurs once for each detected enemy rather than continuously.
  • Full changelog

As promised, here is the update to HUD. To help preserve everyone's CPU when the HUD is toggled off it now actually removes the mission per frame event handler for Draw3D, and reinstates it when toggled to grenades/all projectiles. Please give it a good thrash and let me know if there any problems.

Edited by tpw

Thanks mate. You obviously didn't take that pic recently, since the @#$%ing things are now invisible!

So is the download link to the latest version in your previous post :P