tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Ehh, I can only select in TPW Mods in expansion.

After TPW Mods is selected and after the restart I don't get any other components that can be selected..

(Not like in you're previous versions)

You have to either edit the .hpp yourself or use the provided GUI.

Yay!

Thanx :D

Turn off skirmish, like TPW said.

Still some fps drop, but not as much as before

I am playing Rydygier's Pilgrimage with TPW enabled. This is an SP mission where you have an AI companion you can order araound and you can also teamswitch into. One feature of TPW is civilian traffic and commandeering cars. In this mission I noticed that the main character can drive all vehicles without a problem but the companion cannot enter vehicles. He can stop and commandeer them but once the orignial driver gets out the companion does not board the vehicle. If the main character instructs him to board, the companion acknowledges the order but he simply stands close to the door. If the player teamswitches into this companion and approaches a vehicle the driver or passenger symbols do not appear and it is impossible to get in.

Is TPW designed this way or am I doing something wrong?

@tpw: had a PM exchange with Gunter Severloh, he wasn't planning to import slx_birds but would be happy to see it done.

I am playing Rydygier's Pilgrimage with TPW enabled. This is an SP mission where you have an AI companion you can order araound and you can also teamswitch into. One feature of TPW is civilian traffic and commandeering cars. In this mission I noticed that the main character can drive all vehicles without a problem but the companion cannot enter vehicles. He can stop and commandeer them but once the orignial driver gets out the companion does not board the vehicle. If the main character instructs him to board, the companion acknowledges the order but he simply stands close to the door. If the player teamswitches into this companion and approaches a vehicle the driver or passenger symbols do not appear and it is impossible to get in.

Is TPW designed this way or am I doing something wrong?

No, it's definitely not designed that way. I will look into it, thankyou for the heads up.

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

@tpw: had a PM exchange with Gunter Severloh, he wasn't planning to import slx_birds but would be happy to see it done.

Thanks Orc, I will bump it higher up my to do list then.

Just a couple of errors that have shown up in my RPT log. I didn't notice anything wrong in game.

3:09:49 Error in expression < tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
3:09:49   Error position: <_unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
3:09:49   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
3:09:49 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 398

========================================================================

3:13:05 Error in expression < tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
3:13:05   Error position: <_unit distance player;
if( !isNil "_unit>
3:13:05   Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
3:13:05 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 398
3:13:05 Error in expression <ts - 1) do 
{
_unit = tpw_hud_nearunits select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance play>
3:13:05   Error position: <select _cta;
_dist = _unit distance play>
3:13:05   Error Zero divisor
3:13:05 File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 397

Thanks Orc, I will bump it higher up my to do list then.

Awesome news, thanks very much.

Where the heck is this config GUI supposed to be? I have nothing in my userconfig folder except a .pnp, the scrambled .hpp file and an obtuse .rar archive.

Out of the box with the latest version, I hear music in houses and see foggy breath, but TPW_FALL isn't working.

Edit: I now see that there is some sort of installer. Whatever it is, I extract the downloaded TPW_MODS folder to the usual location and run the installer, but it fails.

Edit again: TPW_settings.jar does not exist in the latest Armaholic download. I am confused.

Edited by maturin

So I started looking into my ambient animal code to see how best to implement a slx_birds style experience and other animal reactivity, and it seems that the latest dev builds have broken most ambient animal behaviours: goats and chickens are frozen, sheep run around full tilt constantly, only dogs seem to have retained their default. I'll wait and see what the devs have to say about this before wasting further time on it.

Edit again: TPW_settings.jar does not exist in the latest Armaholic download. I am confused.

Install.batt does work if you download the Dropbox instead of the Armaholic. Still no .jar GUI file anywhere. The config .hpp no longer formats correctly in Notepad.

Even after installing the mod using the .batt file, I don't get a startup hint and TPW_FALL doesn't work. Skirmish is enabled by default.

Sorry Maturin I'm a bit confused.

Gliptal's install.bat installs @TPW_MODS into your Arma3 directory, and should install your_arma3_directory\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp and your_arma3_directory\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw settings.jar.

The tpw_mods.hpp by default is in the format saved by tpw settings.jar, and yes it doesn't open properly in notepad. But it opens just fine in notepad++ or wordpad.

Are you saying that installing using install.bat is not installing the jar file?

Great mod, can't play Arma without it.

just a quicky though: would it be possible to add the "tactical glasses" functionality also to csat helmets? I mean, after all, they have HUDs built in.

Great mod, can't play Arma without it.

just a quicky though: would it be possible to add the "tactical glasses" functionality also to csat helmets? I mean, after all, they have HUDs built in.

Thanks for the kind words. Your idea is certainly doable, but only if you promise not to ask me to translate the HUD to Farsi...

@maturin: Hey, sorry you're having problems.

You can either install using the .bat or manually move the folders to the right place. Make sure you extract the .rar somewhere and run the .bat from there: if no errors pop up you should see a shortcut to the GUI on your desktop, with the .hpp and the .jar in Arma III\userconfig\TPW_MODS\. If this doesn't work you can manually install everything by deleting your old @TPW MODS folder and copying the downloaded one in Arma III\: remember to copy the .hpp and .jar from @TPW MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS to Arma III\userconfig\TPW_MODS.

Yay!

Thanks for the kind words. Your idea is certainly doable, but only if you promise not to ask me to translate the HUD to Farsi...

I had the same urge (while you were on "vacations" months ago)... that´s a good idea, as the "Defender" mod is kinda abandoned (and so far just a script inside that mission), so CSAT can have some high tech love (and it is strange to have tactical glasses under the supac-bug helmet lol

... and no, I´m not asking you to translate to farsi cus most of the players don´t speak/read farsi too lol

cheers!

@maturin: Hey, sorry you're having problems.

You can either install using the .bat or manually move the folders to the right place. Make sure you extract the .rar somewhere and run the .bat from there: if no errors pop up you should see a shortcut to the GUI on your desktop, with the .hpp and the .jar in Arma III\userconfig\TPW_MODS\. If this doesn't work you can manually install everything by deleting your old @TPW MODS folder and copying the downloaded one in Arma III\: remember to copy the .hpp and .jar from @TPW MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS to Arma III\userconfig\TPW_MODS.

Yay!

Are you saying that installing using install.bat is not installing the jar file?

Yes in response to the second quote. Install.bat does not install the .jar file. Furthermore, no .jar file exists in the downloaded .rar archive.

Just to confirm, manual editing of the userconfig is still possible? I can do that, but then I can't imagine why there is there is no TPW startup prompt (despite this option being =1 in the .hpp), and why TPW_FALL isn't working.

Latest archive is TPW_MODS_20150213.zip and I see TPW Settings.jar inside @TPW_MODS/userconfig/TPW_MODS. Are you sure you AV isn't deleting the .jar as a false positive for some reason?

I can show you a screenshot if you want.

Yay!

;2885319']I had the same urge (while you were on "vacations" months ago)... that´s a good idea' date=' as the "Defender" mod is kinda abandoned (and so far just a script inside that mission), so CSAT can have some high tech love (and it is strange to have tactical glasses under the supac-bug helmet lol

... and no, I´m not asking you to translate to farsi cus most of the players don´t speak/read farsi too lol

cheers![/quote']

No worries, I have implemented your idea into TPW HUD and streamlined the code while I was at it. Will release in a day or 2.

Latest archive is TPW_MODS_20150213.zip and I see TPW Settings.jar inside @TPW_MODS/userconfig/TPW_MODS. Are you sure you AV isn't deleting the .jar as a false positive for some reason?

I can show you a screenshot if you want.

Yay!

That was my thought, but all I have is Windows Defender, and it never deletes suspicious .exes.

Is the correct archive on Armaholic and dropbox?

Both should have the latest archive, I've downloaded it from Dropbox.

Yay!

Okay, silly me, I had my file type ending turned off and didn't notice that the .rar archive is in fact the .jar.

But that raises the next question... what the heck am I supposed to do with this thing?

TPW MODS is highly configurable and has a lot of options. Gliptal has developed TPW Settings, a Java GUI to simplify editing the TPW_MODS configuration file. This program is included in userconfig, and needs to be copied to and run from \your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_settings.jar

The program needs to be run?

How am I supposed to run a whole mess of random files in an archive, without a single .exe in sight? Sorry if I sound exasperated, and I hate to complain to modders who are doing all this for free. But this exasperatingly obtuse, and I had to click through tons of folders even to find the installation instructions, which are partially outdated (the .hpp is no longer annotated) and buried on the second page of a file that isn't in .txt and isn't clearly labeled readme. For the last two dozen builds, everything just worked the way every other mod does.

Edit: And I'm not sure why TPW_FALL isn't working. Unless I have to run the .jar in order to allow the mode to read the .hpp file.

Edited by maturin

Ok lets go in order here. Since the automatic installation (the .bat) seems to not be working for you, let's try manual.

- Unzip the archive somewhere

- Ignore every file in the folder

- Copy @TPW_MODS in your Arma III install directory

- Copy @TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS folder to Arma III\userconfig\TPW_MODS

You can now run the .jar in Arma III\userconfig\TPW_MODS folder to modify the mod behaviour.

@tpw: It might be better to embed the annotated version of the .hpp so that it is still possible to edit it without using the GUI.

Yay!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, are you sure you're not unpacking the .jar as opposed to running it? Because if you open it with winrar it will act as a package, containing class files. Make sure you're opening it with the Java Virtual Machine and not with winrar.

So I need some sort of third party software to run the .jar? Of course I can't run the .jar if I don't have the program.

Is the mod still designed to function with a manually-edited .hpp file?

So I need some sort of third party software to run the .jar? Of course I can't run the .jar if I don't have the program.

Is the mod still designed to function with a manually-edited .hpp file?

You need a Java runtime installed to use Gliptal's GUI editor.

The mod will function with a manually edited hpp though. Have a look at this link to the fully commented tpw_mods.hpp. Save it as your_arma3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\tpw_mods.hpp