tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Be advides the embedded TPW SETTINGS isn't the latest one and won't have the new variable. This was my fault. Download it manually from my signature.

Yay!

Be advides the embedded TPW SETTINGS isn't the latest one and won't have the new variable. This was my fault. Download it manually from my signature.

Yay!

I have updated TPW SETTINGS in the latest download. Many thanks to Gliptal for his hard work with this excellent program.

This mod is standard in any mission i create, thx again

Cheers!

Hope to play with this tonight, but until then... What happens if a medic heals himself? Will he return himself to 100% (in addition to stopping his bleeding)?

Hope to play with this tonight, but until then... What happens if a medic heals himself? Will he return himself to 100% (in addition to stopping his bleeding)?

By design a medic can only staunch his own bleeding if he has a FAK in addition to his full Medikit. If enough people whinge about it then I can change this.

TPW MODS 20150408: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20150408.zip

Changes:

[CORE 1.13] Added JBAD buildings to houses list. Added Kunduz to civilian region list.

[FOG 1.29] Added Kunduz to Central Asian climate list.

[ANIMS] Updated based on Marksmen DLC config.

Sorry about the rapid updates, but it's school holiday time in Aus and I've finally got some time to spare. I've added support for James2464's awesome A3 native Afghanistan map Kunduz. You should download it immediately. Part of the support was to recognise JBAD buildings, so other maps using these buildings will automatically gain support too. Secondly, I updated the animspeeds to use the Marksmen DLC config, after noticing some nasty errors when loading the new weapons whilst prone.

TPW MODS 20150408: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20150408.zip

Changes:

[CORE 1.13] Added JBAD buildings to houses list. Added Kunduz to civilian region list.

[FOG 1.29] Added Kunduz to Central Asian climate list.

[ANIMS] Updated based on Marksmen DLC config.

Sorry about the rapid updates, but it's school holiday time in Aus and I've finally got some time to spare. I've added support for James2464's awesome A3 native Afghanistan map Kunduz. You should download it immediately. Part of the support was to recognise JBAD buildings, so other maps using these buildings will automatically gain support too. Secondly, I updated the animspeeds to use the Marksmen DLC config, after noticing some nasty errors when loading the new weapons whilst prone.

Thanks for the update. Yeah, Kunduz is really nice (so is Bornholm, btw).

Enjoy the holidays :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@TPW

Auto-healing = one headache gone :icon_hug: Have you considered the possibility of an auto-ammo-search? I find it maddening when AI blaze away of auto at targets they cant hit then spend the rest of the mission bitching about ammo. If BIS would fix the whole 'take x' locational lottery it wouldn't be so bad but telling them to re-arm and having them run 500m+ to pick up a mag is crazy. If they could be told to pick up compatible mags in say a 50' radius when down to their last mag it might he a boon to all singleplayers?

TIA for consideration

Would be nice to have an auto-revive too (so that AI could bring us & themselves up)

By design a medic can only staunch his own bleeding if he has a FAK in addition to his full Medikit. If enough people whinge about it then I can change this.

I can certainly live with your initial design. Makes sense that the guy gushing blood can't necessarily fix himself back to 100%. Was just curious about the mechanics. Thanks for the continuous updates!

Would it be possible to add a new HUD element: Ballistic Trajectory Projection. Basically take the new Arsenal bullet trajectory thingy and have it display for X meters for X bullets fired (settings changable it user config). That would be pretty cool addition to the hud.

Edited by Taro8

Would it be possible to add a new HUD element: Ballistic Trajectory Projection. Basically take the new Arsenal bullet trajectory thingy and have it display for X meters for X bullets fired (settings changable it user config). That would be pretty cool addition to the hud.

Indeed it would. I'll see what I can do, but it might push my meagre coding skills to the limit!

Actually this awesome script might do the job. I will play with it further.

Edited by tpw

First, a great big "Thank You" for all of your hard work on this, and then being generous enough to freely share the fruits of your labor with us. :D

Second, I have been able to successfully install TPW-Mods once before. But that was two builds ago. Ever since, I've been encountering the same errors again and again.

To be perfectly clear, I had a hard time installing the mod successfully the first time, and I honestly don't know what it was that finally got it to install correctly. That aside, it seems that the last two builds won't work for me.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Tried running the Install.bat from the compressed file, that is, I didn't first decompress it. Didn't work. It generated the following error report:

Something went wrong while running the Updater

2. Tried running the Install.bat and Update.exe after I first decompressed it. Didn't work. When Update.exe was run, it would result in the following error statement:

arguments number is wrong, please provide both target and and source files

press enter to close the program

3. Relocated the file into the main Arma 3 directory inside of Steam, and did steps 1 and 2. Didn't work.

I'm out of ideas here. Any detailed, step-by-step help would be greatly appreciated.

SUGGESTIONS

I love the idea of building into the HUD the ability to trace the trajectory and penetration of rounds.

I'd also greatly appreciate a summation statement of one's performance in the game, a window would fade in showing the player's stats for the...

...number, rank, and type of enemy killed...

...number, rank, and type of enemy wounded...

...number of times that player was injured...

...number of self-administered healings...

...number of attempts to heal others...

...number and type of innocents wounded/killed...

...number and type of support missions called in...

...number of times the enemy was suppressed by the player...

...number of times the player was suppressed by enemies...

...number of enemies that surrendered...

Thanks again for all that you do! :)

If you're having problems with the updater just install the mod manually:

• Alternatively, manually extract the @TPW_MODS and @CBA_A3 modfolders to your preferred mod location. By default this would be\your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3
  • Copy @TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp to \your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp. You may need to create the your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\ directory if it does not already exist.

I'll look into the errors you're getting. The first one is normal (you have to extract before running), the second one is not.

Yay!

TPW MODS 20150410: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20150410.zip

Changes:

[ANIMSPEED] Refactored config, only changes selected animation entries rather than overwriting entire anim config. Reduced the speed of stance change animations: prone/stand, prone/kneel, stand/kneel for rifle/pistol/launcher/binocs/no weapons. An alternative pbo is provided for those who do not wish to change these speeds.

[HUD 1.46] Units and markers outside the player's field of view will display an arrow on the edge of the screen for improved peripheral awareness. "Virtual tracers" of nearby projectiles are now displayed, and may be toggled using Ctrl + Alt + T. Many many thanks to Hypnomatic for the bullet tracing functions used for this.

I love school holiday time, plenty of free time to do some coding while the kids watch telly...

So a couple of pretty big changes:

1 - I totally overhauled the config for the animation speed changes. Previously I basically just overwrote the entire animations config, now I just make the specific config entry changes. This makes it easy for me, and more importantly makes the config more future proof. The Marksman DLC introduced enough animation changes to upset my animation speed config and cause player movement freezing. Those shouldn't happen in future. I also took the time to change the speed of various movement transitions. Basically many Arma 3 animation speeds have become comically fast: a unit can hit the deck like there's 4Gs of gravity, and get to his feet like he's stunt wired in a Hong Kong action flick. I've reduced these speeds by about 25% and the result is much more realistic. For those of you who can't abide, there's now an option tpw_animspeed-notrans.pbo which doesn't have these transition speed changes.

2 - TPW HUD has gained some major new functionality. The latest A3 release has added a refinement to DrawIcon3D which I use to display units and markers on the HUD. When the icon is out of the player's field of view it is displayed as an arrow on the appropriate edge of the screen. The greatly improves peripheral awareness. And, in response to a couple of requests, I've added "virtual tracer" functionality so that projectiles trajectory and ownership are displayed. I grabbed some of the bullet tracing functions from Hypnomatic's great projectile path tracing script, trimmed out some unneeded functionality and grafted them into TPW HUD. They are now an integral part of the HUD and will disappear if the tactical goggles are removed. They can be toggled using Ctrl-Alt-T if it gets too much, but there is no further configuration available (and nor will there be).

And lastly, to further flog a dead horse (or should that be an invisible frozen goat?):

IMPORTANT: Recent dev builds have completely broken ambient animal behaviour as used in TPW ANIMALS. Please vote for this on the A3 feedback tracker

Edited by tpw