Sign in to follow this  
scorp4

The BETA is dead! Long live Arma 3!

It's an interesting pessimistic personal opinion ( though I'd suggest to avoid repeating it in all the posts ).

Btw according to BI Arma 3 is a military game not a simulator and no one has made any official statement about Arma 4.

It's not a military game, it doesnt have any military content.

The military cancelled the comanche helicopter 9 years ago. The military doesn't use p99s or fs2000s. The military doesn't use hexagon uglies, or green frog garbage boxes.

The military uses things like AH64 Apache helicopters, jet airplanes, M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks, Hind attack helicopters, cargo planes, m4 rifles, AK pattern rifles.

You could plausibly say that instead of making military simulators, BI is making "combat games" like Call of Duty now, or Planetside 2, to be more accurate, but to call this a "military game" is to speak a falsehood.

I have according to Steam played 1530 hours Arrowhead and close to 300 hours ArmA 2 vanilla (excluding the hours I launched arma outside of Steam). ArmA 3 already has 373 hours play time and it will be a couple thousand more! ArmA is hands down the most favorite game/sim I have ever played. And if I ever am complaining about something here in the forum or anywhere else then thats purely because I love ArmA and I wish the best for it!

The military cancelled the comanche helicopter 9 years ago. The military doesn't use p99s or fs2000s. The military doesn't use hexagon uglies, or green frog garbage boxes.

The military uses things like AH64 Apache helicopters, jet airplanes, M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks, Hind attack helicopters, cargo planes, m4 rifles, AK pattern rifles.

Most of the vehicles and weapons in A3 are already in use by world military, and the few that not are based closely in real ones.

Check in users: FN 2000

Check users again: P99

Edited by MistyRonin
Adding "check users"

Don't rise to it gents, I have a feeling that certain posters in this thread wont be here long...

Oh btw, thx for the Alpha / Beta roadtrip guys, loved it!

Yay... good luck to BIS and i wish them great sales and great updates after release ;), but unfortunately have to say that Polish version has some major bugs in translation :P.

That's such a stupid thing to say. So if somebody likes Arma 2 but not Arma 3, then they should wait for COD or BF4 because "that might be more to your liking" even though Arma "is NOTHING like COD or BF4". :Oo:

by the way I see you've finally come to terms with the fact Arma is a game and not a simulator.

Whatever. I heard one of the Dev's call it a Milsim the other day in recent Video. You're splitting hairs. If you or BIS or whoever want to call it a game, then we can call it a game.

As for the COD comment, wgar was comparing COD to ArmA 3...................catch up, would ya clydefrog, before commenting.

Whatever. I heard one of the Dev's call it a Milsim the other day in recent Video. You're splitting hairs. If you or BIS or whoever want to call it a game, then we can call it a game.

As for the COD comment, wgar was comparing COD to ArmA 3...................catch up, would ya clydefrog, before commenting.

It's a game, not a simulator, deal with it.

No I wasnt...

Sure ya did.....here is your quote: "The bitter irony in your remark is that the only content "released" today is Call of Duty level stuff."

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

It's a game, not a simulator, deal with it.

Uhhhh.....did you not read what I just said, ".....then we can call it a game."

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Don't rise to it gents, I have a feeling that certain posters in this thread wont be here long...

Oh btw, thx for the Alpha / Beta roadtrip guys, loved it!

Good advice, think I'll take it. ;)

I am also dissappointed, and I miss a lot of features from ARMA II that has been taken away. There is nothing new in terms of simulation allmost.

For me, the only improvement from A2 is the stances, the graphics and the new terrain. I expected better flight models, the same level of diversity as A2 (more vehicles and units), weapon resting, unique factions (the ones we got are very generic and gamey). They have clearly expressed that ARMA III have at one time changed direction... I honestly think that that was a bad idea. I would really wan't to play the game the first direction would have ended in.

And the sad thing is, there is no alternative. Let's just hope they add more content and features as free patches along the way. I'm very dissappointed by this release, I would actually prefer a release with more bugs if that meant more content and more new features.

The UAV with LGBs actually has LGBs it can drop.

Also they have removed [DEV] from servers that run the final content.

And added some "showcases"

That's it.

Btw thanks for the awesome TPP.

I've read the previous ones, but I'm sure as hell gonna read this one again, as soon as I have some spare time!

The UAV with LGBs actually has LGBs it can drop.

Also they have removed [DEV] from servers that run the final content.

And added some "showcases"

That's it.

No tweaks to the power of projectiles for instance?

I'd love to see the differences between dev branch and stable branch now. They already said that not everything that is yet on the dev branch will be in the full release. Switching to stable now would be a good option for me as I have a new internet connection with limited data (hell it's 100 times faster than before!).

Where are the planes? :S

Trolling? :) you've cross posted this, and your posting history shows you've been active all the time this was discussed.

For me the arma 3 is still in beta or even alpha in some things - i have to wait 1 or more years to play the game "final" :icon_twisted:

Trolling? :) you've cross posted this, and your posting history shows you've been active all the time this was discussed.

No only quickly pop in now to check if I have PM's. So not payed attention to anything.

No only quickly pop in now to check if I have PM's. So not payed attention to anything.

Two more CAS jets are WIP. Confirmed in one of the SITREPs.

Two more CAS jets are WIP. Confirmed in one of the SITREPs.

Ok thanks :D

You could plausibly say that instead of making military simulators, BI is making "combat games" like Call of Duty now, or Planetside 2, to be more accurate, but to call this a "military game" is to speak a falsehood.

Amen brother. You don't have any immersion effect with this future setting.

I would like to personally express a big "Thank you" for being with us thru the last 6 months of game development and for immensely helping us improve the game! A full game has been released, a battle was fought, but the war has just started ;)

I'm sorrie i can't be in Prague today to eat the celebrate-cake with you, but i gonna go to my own bakery to buy i nice big piece!!!

Congratulations overthere! and special greats to Joris-Jan van 't Land!