Sign in to follow this  
scorp4

The BETA is dead! Long live Arma 3!

This is the best patch so far for the ARMA 3 Beta, can't wait for the full release

Not sure if trolling or serious :D

Congrats on the release. I've complained a lot and voiced my critical opinion quite a bit and that probably won't stop because I want ArmA to be the best it can be. I just hope that with release, it means that great things are going to come in upcoming patches!

That's why we complain in the first place. If we wouldn't care, we'd just move on.

Congratulations DEV team for the release!

A3 is easily the best game in the series, fixing many things and adding new ones.

Though I am a disappointed with many things, I know some of them are minor issues, and others will get fixed by you (hopefully not the community).

I am however still disappointed, primarily with A3 major issue, same issue OFP, A1 and A2 all had as well,

It is a chore to play.

1. Commanding units, is unintuitive, UI is cumbersome, the same it was in 2001, nothing has been done to improve that, NOTHING!

2. The action menu, same, no effort to make it better in any way, it's almost the exact same it was in the original OFP back in 2001.

12 years have passed, UI design has made great strides since then, the community had allot of good feedback and great ideas,

yet NOTHING was done to make it better in any way.

I just played a mission commanding AI, it was a chore, I couldn't make the game flow, i had to fight with menus, and couldn't focus on the gameplay, it was a chore!

The same it was with previous titles.

You said you want to make it streamlined, what happened?

Now I know that ArmA is a complex game for serious gamers (like me)

and that it can only be streamlined up to a point before it will loose it's thing, I get that.

But it really looks like no effort was put in towards that, at all.

Now I can rant on forever about many other things, but at the end I love this game.

I played already 150 hours in A3, and this game was released only a few hours ago, that says something.

BUT WHY BI? WHY?

I am VERY VERY disappointed with that, VERY.

There is no excuse for it.

And still, thank you for giving me one of my favorite games.

I just wish it would be what it can be, and not what it is now.

Hello there

A great step forward IMHO. Not what we imagined, but still damn good.

Altis is superb.

It looks like mods are the way forward as per, but I'm really liking what I see.

Yes, I also have some reservations but this is a decent push in the right direction.

The Devs may have a 5 minute rest and a beer and a cig.

Looking forward to the patches to come.

Rgds

LoK

Only a 5 minute rest ... they have to fix the lack of content now, oh and fix the still poor AI (and AI drivers) and ... and ...

However, this probably IS the least troublesome Arma release. Shame there wasn't more.

First of all congrats for the release BIS ...

Second ... I've read all the posts of this thread and I'm very dissapointed that many people seems to have a "hostile" attitude against negative opinions of other people ... this IMHO is not good for a healthy community.

Now my point of view about the release ... I'm playing since OFP era and I'm modding since ArmA 1 era ... basically I don't want to say anything about the released content as this will be improoved and multiplied by BIS and community in near future.

My problem is not also the game's performance on any single player mission ... but my worries (as a player) are about the really bad performance of the game under MP ...

For many players I know, the game has became almost unplayable in MP after this release ... the dramatically dropping of FPS and the lag is what many players getting when trying to play in MP mode ... I believe that BIS has to immediatelly start improvements on server side matters than adding more content into game ... after all ArmA is mainly (my opinion) an MP based game and performance on this matter is one of the most significant issues.

I know that same problem was found for all ArmA series upon their initial release and some time after there was some patches from BIS which made things better ... so I'm expecting the same on this version ... but still is dissapointing to be on the 3rd generation of ArmA series having same or even worst performance as the first one (still speaking for MP).

In any case ... this is just the beggining, so lets hope that soon most of major issues will be just a bad memory for all of us.

Edited by Aplion

The beta isn't dead, it's merely re-branded as release.

Like all BIS products, we'll be beta testing the product for the entire time it exists.

The beta isn't dead, it just smells funny :) No, seriously, congratulations to the development team for getting past this crucial milestone, have some beers and relax over the weekend !

Next week will be the first week of the rest of Arma3's life - it is a good game already, and over time it will be a great one. Among all the drama on missing assets, there are good and valid observations on problems that need to be fixed. So keep up the dev mode of working with feedback tracker, AI threads and so on, and good things will come

Cheers,

OP