Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

About the zero divisor, what I would do is when I'm dividing something, I'll check if it zero, then assign it to 1, or 0.01 if its needed to be near zero, like in my experimental suppression script

Any chance of getting a sneak peak at the current state?

I am not touching Arma 3 again until I get sth to fix the place holder effects BIS put into the game. Theres no way to describe how bad the current effects are.

The current explosion effects in Arma 3 would not even be considered good 4 years back. Ridiculous.

Therefore: Any chance you would release a work in progress version of your mod? Since anything is better than the current state.

Best regards!

This! Still wondering why they dont hire Opticalsnare for a few weeks..

Edited by KrAziKilla

Well i am trying to get my scripts to work. But i keep getting "error zero divisor" wasting my time tbh BIS just seems to like breaking things....

Please man! Don´t give up! Take your time we wait! Your mod plus a few others are the only hope for us!

Any chance of getting a sneak peak at the current state?

I am not touching Arma 3 again until I get sth to fix the place holder effects BIS put into the game. Theres no way to describe how bad the current effects are.

The current explosion effects in Arma 3 would not even be considered good 4 years back. Ridiculous.

Therefore: Any chance you would release a work in progress version of your mod? Since anything is better than the current state.

Best regards!

Agreed. BC was certainly necessary in A2 for upping the immersion factor (I never played without it). It's pretty damned obvious you can achieve some stunning effects in A3, Opticalsnare has demonstrated that already, and I just don't understand why BIS didn't at least attempt to do this themselves. Honestly, they're coming off as increasingly lazy with regards to A3's development in a great many aspects.

I digress though, and am waiting on bended knee for a full or preview release.

could we see some example videos from the current state?

Just a quick wip look?=)

I think many ppl would love to see some updates!

On water, or under water, what's the status of this mod ?

Reedit : In this mod, What's the status or functions were planned to water and underwater particle (if there exist) ? if anybody had a info.

Edited by GranolaBar

I would absolutely love to see some more glorious Blastcore explosions. I still rate this as my favourite ARMA video of all time -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kG4Pd3RBYs

Ah man, does that bring back good memories. I hope Opticalsnare got things figured out because this Mod is a game changer (pun intended) for aesthetics. We're rooting for you Opticalsnare.

Well i got my scripts to work "sort of" Still trying to get them to do what i want them to do but its getting there. Most of the major stuff is out the way like the config and what does what, i am still making optimizations so not to have anything too draining on the resources. Just have to sit tight for the time being, but its worth it in the end. :)

Well i got my scripts to work "sort of" Still trying to get them to do what i want them to do but its getting there. Most of the major stuff is out the way like the config and what does what, i am still making optimizations so not to have anything too draining on the resources. Just have to sit tight for the time being, but its worth it in the end. :)

Good Luck, We're All Counting On You ;)

Yeah WarFX Blastcore and JSRS Sound mod are the two must have mods. Period.

This looks super sweet! I'm looking forward to exploding stuff! Thanks for putting the effort in.

I can't remember actually using JSRS or Blastcore when I was playing ArmA2. I had ACE enabled and thought it all sounded and looked much better anyway. Did not want too much of a hassle so I kept my mod parameter fairly short. Were these mods implemented in ACE somehow, or have I missed them completely by not running them side by side with ACE?

Well then go ahead and actually take the hassle to load up Blastcore into the mod parameters... :wink_o:

Either way, this thread is about Blastcore in Arma 3 and not what elements the ACE mod contains. :)

I can't remember actually using JSRS or Blastcore when I was playing ArmA2. I had ACE enabled and thought it all sounded and looked much better anyway. Did not want too much of a hassle so I kept my mod parameter fairly short. Were these mods implemented in ACE somehow, or have I missed them completely by not running them side by side with ACE?

Well @ACEX_SM (ace sound mod) is pretty damn good if you want a 'lightweight' sound mod. Some people have problems with JSRS and ACE (deafening explosions that last for 30 seconds) - make sure you also run @JSRS_ACE.

Blastcore is great although for me I find the FPS drop is not worth it.. I'm satisfied enough with ACE ammo cookoff :p

Can't wait to see what Blastcore for A3 brings!!

cant wait for balstcore, iam sorry bis but your current smoke and explosion effects just look so fake and dull.

Not to get too off topic but what is the advantage of loading Addons through mod parameters vs the ingame screen.

Dont forget the FPS, preformance. Nobody want LAG, bad FPS.

Good luck!

:)

Its ok dude, i am using the quality setting on most of the effects which are more demanding like the sparks, debris and additional dust/smoke so people can simply drop the quality of the particle effects down in the options menu to help improve FPS. Another nice feature BIS implemented. :)

OS mentioned a few times before that its scalable :)

No, but you might be running around the smoke plume that was left behind. I used a similar FX mod for Arma 2 which had this exact issue - explosion went off, smoke plume was left behind, as you continuing walking/driving/flying you notice the smoke rotating so that it's always facing you. Trust me, it's weird.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Well I've not noticed the 'rotating' effect in vanilla Arma smoke sprites. Like I said in my other post, I remember a mod for Arma 2 where the sprite rotation was very obvious. Perhaps you would like to explain why this is? :)

The default effects are largely volumetric in terms of dust, so you don't have that problem. The problem is that the engine, for whatever reason, is god awful at handling these effects. It looks nice (for the dust, it's not enough for the complete explosion effect) but it's why particles are so effed performance wise in the game when you have those settings up. Blastcore uses a lot more than just a dust cloud for the effects, so there's a lot more to give you that effect. It's just how most games handle those sorts of effects. Hell, if you look at a "laser beam" or whatever in most games today you're actually looking at two planes at 90 degrees giving the appearance of a 3D object. How an engine handles the relation to the camera, and how well it hides the unavoidable impact of the technique can vary, but if you look in just about any game out there, you'll see it. Hell, even the "volumetric" clouds in the game show a similar effect in some weird ways.

Maybe if there was more of the stock style dust cloud working with the new stuff, it'd help mask things a little bit? I think that the dust cloud actually looks pretty good, it just needs a whole lot more added on to make it look good. It's awesome the way light in particular interacts with it. Makes secondary detonations awesome at night.

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Would it be possible for you to have falling debris after large explosions? Maybe some integration with JSRS with the sound of all the kicked up debris coming back down? That'd be pretty awesome, as it's a part of explosions that games never seem to pull off. Seeing puffs of dust all over as stuff hits the dirt would be awesome.

I would like to see how they all look in daylight. Anything that lights up at night looks awsome. Daylight is what counts.

Would it be possible for you to have falling debris after large explosions? Maybe some integration with JSRS with the sound of all the kicked up debris coming back down? That'd be pretty awesome, as it's a part of explosions that games never seem to pull off. Seeing puffs of dust all over as stuff hits the dirt would be awesome.

Holy hell yes! If you can do this, I would introduce you to my sister. Long story short, I saw a huge explosion once (in the mining industry), and what I remember the most was the sound of the rock rain following it.