Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

Its really amazing, i just have some issues when loading textures, like it stutters a lot when i zoom in, or when it just finished loading the map, but it was expected and i believe it will become better over time

do I have to opt into to beta version to get Altis - just booted the compute but no download yet?

Wow Altis is one of the best BIS islands - that I must agree with! Various terrain unlike Stratis, from flats to mountains, heavily urbanised areas into villages, stream ditches (unfortunatelly still no running water - looking into future). There is not much of the forests but with these on island there would be a massive lag.

Also the AI is now deadly in CQB. It seems that they navigate better inside the buildings.

And I have average 95 FPS (in vid options tab) on the Altis with all setting except PiP and viewdistance maxed out! (i73770k, gfx 680 2gb, 8gb ram, ssd 256gb)

Congratulation BIS!

PS.: There are also some errors in the editor but no biggie it is a really great experience now to play this game :cool:

Hmm, ArmA seems to start up slowly now. After the splash screen disappears (the one with "loading addons") I see my desktop again for like more than 30 seconds, but then ArmA comes up...

Love the island but there seems to be a problem with the lighting. In the houses in the cities where only like 1/3 of them are actually visible.

I did the Altis challenge. It's not really that hard. Uploading the video now. BTW, can someone tell me is Pyrgos the capital?

i don't like the douzends of containers... everywhere... containers... small... big... containers !! :p :confused:

@altis mapbuilder

is it possible to delete most of the container ?? thank you very much... :D

After seeing the island, I think A3 won't need more terrain, Altis is perfect has a bit of everything. Devs should IMO focus on campaigns and new units for the expansions ( specially some little and mid size ships and a few planes ).

The time of real combined arms is here! ( a disembark hovercraft would be awesome ).

It's unplayable for me at the moment, I'm getting between 0 and 4 FPS when I preview a mission.

I have the same problem... if I start in the water far away from land I can get 30 FPS but it grinds down to 1-2 on land. View distance 500m. In editor plop down one unit hit preview. Same on Stratis gives me 60 FPS :confused:

They certainly love there "Domes" over there, but none-the-less it's truly an amazing island, plenty of variation in the landscape and terrain, lovely open areas and perfect urban area's. That Airport terminal is dying for a lovely terrorist hijacking or siege scenario. Good work BIS, you certainly didn't let me down here.

Not able to preview the mission at the moment, my fps is below 5... But from what I'm reading and viewing from the trailers, I can not wait for this to drop!

On my rig Altis with everything maxed out,but just 1 unit, from 54 to 60 FPS :eek:

The domes are very interesting.

Guess on SP story, lots of stuff happens then a nuke goes off and you will have to spend some time in one of those biohazard domes.

This place is INSANE. I flew around for over an hour and i haven´t seen more then maybe 3%.

FPS is killing me but with infantry you can cut down view distance quite a lot and get excellent fps.

For flying i might need to upgrade my computer from very good to ridiculous.

It's unplayable for me at the moment, I'm getting between 0 and 4 FPS when I preview a mission.

Same problem here (0.2 FPS). ALTIS is unplayable and with Stratis no problems (30 FPS).

same for me :( I knew I wouldn't get 30 FPS as in Stratis, but I never thought of 1-3 FPS with just one soldier and a helo

Same problem here (0.2 FPS). ALTIS is unplayable and with Stratis no problems (30 FPS).

Massive stutters while flying over any buildings same a stratis for me

This to me is the meanest, awesomest, mind-blowingest act of genius and generosity ever visited by BIS upon this community. I'm at a loss for words.

altis is pretty interesting. obviously it's huge, it takes about 10 minutes to fly from side to side at 300 km/h, It's got some interesting concepts to it. The things that stick out in my mind are the city in hills, the large canyon and the mountain next to it, and generally just all of the cities and how big they are. The smallest one is the size of girna.

I'm really missing a good forest map though. I hope that all of the old arma 2 maps start getting ported over officially to arma 3.

i don't like the douzends of containers... everywhere... containers... small... big... containers !! :p :confused:

@altis mapbuilder

is it possible to delete most of the container ?? thank you very much... :D

The hell are you going on about? Of course there's going to be shipping contains everywhere, it's a largely inhabited island.

Beautiful church at Athira 14041864; regrettably it cannot be entered. Like Altis so far, travelled by Quad from south to north...

FPS alright when flying over cities, of course it depends on view distance and height... I've set it to 3k.

same for me :( I knew I wouldn't get 30 FPS as in Stratis, but I never thought of 1-3 FPS with just one soldier and a helo

Same here, it´s unplayable for me. There are some area´s (middle of nowhere) where the fps is the same as on Stratis, but coming close to towns and stuff I have 4 fps at most on any setting. I placed myself on the airport and had 2 fps with minimum view distance, while on Stratis I could have it up to 8km and still get playable fps.