sandman1980

Missions download by Steam Workshop (where it stored?)

Wow, whata mess (as usual)...once again this is something that BIS & Steam needed to work out and post about BEFORE the workshop went live. BIS, please have Steam post of the 1st page of the arma3 workshop page where these pbo's are getting installed to, then there will be no need for this to turn into a 50 page useless thread. Geez.

• Like 1

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was just looking for some confirmation on this, as I've had quite a few subscribers come to me with trouble.

For me, the Steam Workshop files, once subscribed and downloaded, save to:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\27880532\107410\remote

Translated:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steamid>\107410\remote

Is this a universal thing, or do others still have a difference? Just to be sure, for anyone that doesn't know, you're looking for the .pbo. Not save files.

Thanks guys.

Edit:

Did some more searching with a buddy, and found that this following folder (which was brought up earlier in this thread) contains the .pbo and a data file (but NOT the image file)

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\27880532\ugc\referenced

However, after unsubscribing and relaunching Steam and ArmA, those files still remain in the folder. Anybody have some elaboration on this?

Edit 2: Ah. My assumption is my original directory, the 107410, is where files go when you publish/upload them via ArmA 3 to the Workshop. That is why the image is there, and why they don't disappear.

Edit 3: Last edit. The reason some of y'all are having problems with the subscribed mission showing up in the host menu is because the mission displays wherever you have the tags for it. IE, when publishing an MP mission, you swap the tag that says Multiplayer. If you do not, the mission will not display in the MP lobby, although it was downloaded.

Also, about the folder names with the long numbers that you see in ugc\referenced. Those numbers are the file's "Workshop ID", for lack of a variable name. So a mission can be "referenced" by that (HAH!). Worth noting: Whenever a mission is updated, it is re-uploaded, assigned a new ID, and re-downloaded by all subscribers.

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]

What the F**K is going on?!

I had the same issue now on a friends PC. He could not host a non-dedicated server anymore. Same problem as described by the TS.

We deleted ArmA, we used CCleaner to delete any logs, temp files etc. Set the firewall, Avira Antivir and so on, an exception. Nothing helped. Almost 4 hours we tried almost everything except reinstall windows.

We then saw this thread, when I want to open a thread about this issue. Unsubscribed the missions he downloaded via Steam Workshop - it runs again "perfect" (as far as you can call Alpha 3 running perfect)

:mad:

P.s.: IM really happy there is Teamviewer...he would never ever figure out that shit...espacially as he not speaks english...

Looks like the downloaded PBOs are now stored in \Steam\userdata\<yourID>\ugc\referenced

I found it here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\165924856\ugc\referenced

what about the subscribed mods; where are they saved?

Good question. :)

And also, what about subscribed campaigns? How are they installed via the workshop? How can I set my own campaign up in the workshop so that the player just has to subscribe and play? :)

Edited by Undeceived

Documents > Arma 3 - profiles or other profiles - "missions" then they will all list there

Apologies for the necropost, but here's the answer as of today - until Steam change it again

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410

Currently pulling my hair out trying to find a mission pbo of mine. I had an issue and lost the file, now I can't find my pbo anywhere after downloading it from the workshop. Any ideas of where else to look? I've checked every suggested location in this thread, and while I can find other workshop missions I've subscribed to, this one has gone completely missing, but I can play it so I know it's in there somewhere.

Currently pulling my hair out trying to find a mission pbo of mine. I had an issue and lost the file, now I can't find my pbo anywhere after downloading it from the workshop. Any ideas of where else to look? I've checked every suggested location in this thread, and while I can find other workshop missions I've subscribed to, this one has gone completely missing, but I can play it so I know it's in there somewhere.

Hello,

I was able to find workshop mission-pbo-files at following direction: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\95800954\ugc\referenced\<some random numbers>missionfile.pbo

Maybe the number in the userdata is different for each user but just have a look for yourself. In the ugc\referenced\<some random numbers> I found the pbo files I was looking for.

Best regards

I think the best way is, after you download the mod on the workshop. Host a game on you own PC and just start it up, then it actually downloads the whole file.

I am having the same issue. Going to mess around with it some more now. I'll post out what I find if anything.

BruceAlmightyy

• Like 1

In my video here:

===========

Step 2 - 2:27

Locate the Steam Workshop Mission folder

===================================

for me... they were in C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\xxx\Saved\steamMPMission