Sign in to follow this  
rehtus777

Virtual tour of Agios Efstratios aka "Stratis"

Wow, that website is well done. Even has lens flare from the sun. That water makes me want to just dive in. I wonder if the diving is good cuz the viz looks phenomenal.

BIS definitely took some artistic freedom with it, which is good. It is much more barren then in the game. Very rocky with white (limestone?) cliffs. I know it is summer at the time these pictures were taken but still suprised me at the lack of grass and shrubbery, especially on the eastern side near the monument. This was very cool, thanks for posting. Now I gotta go fly around stratis a while haha.

Edited by CombatComm1

Wow, that website is well done. Even has lens flare from the sun. That water makes me want to just dive in. I wonder if the diving is good cuz the viz looks phenomenal.

BIS definitely took some artistic freedom with it, which is good. It is much more barren then in the game. Very rocky with white (limestone?) cliffs. I know it is summer at the time these pictures were taken but still suprised me at the lack of grass and shrubbery, especially on the eastern side near the monument. This was very cool, thanks for posting. Now I gotta go fly around stratis a while haha.

Yep, this is great stuff.....and you're welcome. BIS really did it right on this one.......can't wait to compare Altis to Limnos.

I think they have details set to low on the hills ;)

*Chuckle*

Anyone got a link for Altis!!?

Wow. Would be so nice to go on holiday there. (not to prison) ;)

Hike on the hills thinking, "Damn, I've died so many times on this hill"

Greeks sure now how to advertise their natural attractions.

*Chuckle*

Anyone got a link for Altis!!?

Here is an album I made with a ton of pictures from Limnos and Stratis and similar places.

Check out e.g. the power plant in Arma 3 versus reality :eek:

That website is rubbish - how could the photographer miss the clearly visible GIANT airfield....

That website is rubbish - how could the photographer miss the clearly visible GIANT airfield....

You owe me a new Coke! And possibly a new keyboard.

You owe me a new Coke! And possibly a new keyboard.

Seconded +1

Anyone else on the hunt for a civvie wearing a blue striped shirt?

Those are Cicadas. These create the typical loud buzzing sound you hear in the environment of Arma 3 and definitely everyone who has been in the Mediterranean can tell you how pleasant they are :mad: :D

Those are Cicadas. These create the typical loud buzzing sound you hear in the environment of Arma 3 and definitely everyone who has been in the Mediterranean can tell you how pleasant they are :mad: :D

Yep and we have the buggers here also in Australia, they like to make just a bit of noise in the evening lol.

Got em here in southern central US too.

If you thought trying to sleep through a barking dog or cat in heat outside...those are nothing compared to the noise that thing makes.

Oddly docile bug.

Edited by NodUnit