Hi guys, hope you all had a good Christmas.

Reference the soundFly, they do work on small arms, ie Bulletbase and on RocketBase, MissleBase, ShellBase,but on these they are in an illogical place in the heiracy.

There's no supersonicCrackFar or supersonicCrackNear sound for rockets RocketBase MissleBase. So there is a huge loss in being able to create a multi distance tier experience.

There's no supersonicCrackFar or supersonicCrackNear sound for rockets RocketBase MissleBase.

Because rockets and missles aren't supersonic? Or am I missing something :P

I think most AT missiles aren't supersonic, velocities being around 200-300m/s (speed of sound 350m/s), but at least AA missiles and aircraft launched rockets go way faster, 600-2000m/s.

Whilst this is true, would you like to haved a nice sound for the rockets and missiles as they fly past you? at the moment your only gonna get a crappy ugly doppler noise ;p

The sound loop feature is still broken, I'm guessing the "last line of defense" missed this one.

This is what is not working and what I have been told about it by another BIS developer:

*The time measurement is Samples

*The red figures are the start of the loop, the blue figures are the end of the loop

*The sample plays till it hits the loop start (red), the plays the loop continusly, until firing stops then it plays what is left of the sample after the (blue) end of the sample.

begin1[] = {"A3\Sounds_F_EPC\Weapons\gau_03_burst",2.51189,1,4500,{25704,32159}};

Below is the explained version of above:

begin1[] = {"FileTree\FileTree\FileTree\SampleName.wss",Volume,Pitch,DistanceTillSilent,{LoopStart,LoopEnd}};

Please fix this, plus a suggestion would be change the parameter for measurement from Samples to decimal, just for the sake of ease of use if anything else.

•Tweaked: Sound: Sync breathing with gun movement (prototype)

Woah! This is kewl. Anyone tried it yet? How does it look?

•Tweaked: Sound: Sync breathing with gun movement (prototype)

Woah! This is kewl. Anyone tried it yet? How does it look?

It's a prototype so I'm not sure is it even visible to us. Breathing and gun sway feels bit out of sync still.

///

Btw Huron's dis/mount sound is still very weird sounding http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21268 Pretty annoying to listen with every guy coming in the chopper.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I guess this is made in preparation for marksmen DLC. Always thought this is something that game is lacking.

I guess this is made in preparation for marksmen DLC. Always thought this is something that game is lacking.

Now that they tweaked it I can see it's in. Weapon sway is in sync with breathing. With breath holding it naturally doesn't work and I'll guess hold breath will get an overhaul later.

The sound loop feature is still broken.

Although I'm certainly not in the business of making any promises, I'm genuinely surprised to see that you're still having trouble with this pesky feature. The least I can do is apply the correct stimulus to the most appropriate area of the least willing sun-god blood sacrifice valued team member.

I guess this is made in preparation for marksmen DLC.

:cool:

We're in the process of piecing together a New Year blog. Suffice to say, audio improvements are part of Marksmen DLC, but this premature aural leakage valuable development is, I like to think, also testament to the Audio Dept's new found mojo more generally.

Happy New Year,

RiE

Although I'm certainly not in the business of making any promises, I'm genuinely surprised to see that you're still having trouble with this pesky feature. The least I can do is apply the correct stimulus to the most appropriate area of the least willing sun-god blood sacrifice valued team member.

No

We're in the process of piecing together a New Year blog. Suffice to say, audio improvements are part of Marksmen DLC, but this premature aural leakage valuable development is, I like to think, also testament to the Audio Dept's new found mojo more generally.

Happy New Year,

RiE

Sound improvements, Sweet. fingers crossed there is a certain something a certain lord was asking for.

Happy New Year,

RiE

Good to see a dev say audio improvements are coming. Are we talking pure sounds or also engine improvements?

Sound improvements, Sweet. fingers crossed there is a certain something a certain lord was asking for.

Fair enough, this generally has nothing to do with sound, so hmmm^^

Happy New Year,

RiE

Thanks for the reply mate, If I have any infomation incorrect or im using the loop feature wrongly, a proper explantion of how to make it work would be great.

Also while your busy sacrificing... the event handler bug in my signiture could really use some attention, its been so long since I reported it and its been assigned for a very long time.

The sound loop feature is still broken, I'm guessing the "last line of defense" missed this one.

This is what is not working and what I have been told about it by another BIS developer:

*The time measurement is Samples

*The red figures are the start of the loop, the blue figures are the end of the loop

*The sample plays till it hits the loop start (red), the plays the loop continusly, until firing stops then it plays what is left of the sample after the (blue) end of the sample.

begin1[] = {"A3\Sounds_F_EPC\Weapons\gau_03_burst",2.51189,1,4500,{25704,32159}};

Below is the explained version of above:

begin1[] = {"FileTree\FileTree\FileTree\SampleName.wss",Volume,Pitch,DistanceTillSilent,{LoopStart,LoopEnd}};

Please fix this, plus a suggestion would be change the parameter for measurement from Samples to decimal, just for the sake of ease of use if anything else.

Hold on, how come this works for the BIS GAU but not for my modded minigun? What am I missing here?

class CfgWeapons
{	
class MGun;
class LMG_RCWS;	
class LMG_Minigun: LMG_RCWS
{
	class manual: MGun
	{
		class StandardSound
		{
			begin1[] = {"MegasSound\addons\Mega_Miniguns\65mm",1.0,1,2000,{8815,32828}};
			soundBegin[] = {"begin1",1};
			weaponSoundEffect = "DefaultRifle";
			closure1[] = {"",0.31622776,1,20};
			closure2[] = {"",0.31622776,1,20};
			soundClosure[] = {"closure1",0.5,"closure2",0.5};
		};
	};
};
};

You're using the wrong "mode" classes ;)

class LowROF: Mode_FullAuto
{
	sounds[] = {"StandardSound"};
	class StandardSound
	{
		begin1[] = {"rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_sounds\m134\m134_lo",2.1118864,1,2000,
			{ 13704,35159 }};
	};
	soundContinuous = 1;
	autoFire = 1;
};
class HighROF: LowROF
{
	class StandardSound
	{
		begin1[] = {"rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_sounds\m134\m134_hi",2.1118864,1,2000,
			{ 13704,35159 }};
	};
	soundContinuous = 1;
	autoFire = 1;
};

(LowROF, HighROF)

Thanks but:

Yours is the config for the M134 that is on the littlebird, I am talking about the 6.5 mm gatling on the "blackhawk" helo. It's vanilla config says following:

{
	displayName = "$STR_A3_LMG_Minigun0";

{
		displayName = "$STR_A3_LMG_Minigun0";
		autoFire = 1;
		class StandardSound
		{
			begin1[] = {"A3\Sounds_F\weapons\Gatling\minigun_shot_5",1.0,1,2000};
			begin2[] = {"A3\Sounds_F\weapons\Gatling\minigun_shot_6",1.0,1,2000};
			soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.5,"begin2",0.5};
			closure1[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\gatling\gatling_rotation_short_2",0.31622776,1,20};
			closure2[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\gatling\gatling_rotation_short_3",0.31622776,1,20};
		};
		reloadTime = 0.033;
		dispersion = 0.0087;
		showToPlayer = 1;
		soundContinuous = 0;
};

I really do not want to give it new modes/remove them. :-/ Usually breaks something. Editing the current mode was enough.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Goddamit,

does not even work on M134s! The sound keeps restarting itself all the time! Damn, what's wrong?

class M134_minigun: MGunCore
{
	{
		class StandardSound
		{
		};
		soundContinuous = 1;
	};
	{
		class StandardSound
		{
		};
		soundContinuous = 1;
	};
};

I mean - it KIND of works... When I start shooting and release the mouse button, it jumps to the 2nd sample mark. If I shoot again BEFORE the sample is finished it plays from the 1st mark. But if I keep the button pressed instead of looping between mark 1 and mark 2 it just restarts the sound for each "shot". So I guess this is what BigPickle means by "broken".

Edited by megagoth1702

I checked out your RHS minigun sound.

It's the same there - the sample gets started over again and again for each shot instead of properly looping between 2 spots while the mouse button is pressed. So it's broke.

I checked out your RHS minigun sound.

It's the same there - the sample gets started over again and again for each shot instead of properly looping between 2 spots while the mouse button is pressed. So it's broke.

That's because I rushed that one and didn't find good values so far, check this, not optimal but all a matter of tweaking:

Mhh, what I do is -

I find a nice looping spot in the sample, I note the sample number from my DAW, which is pretty accurate.

I do the configs.

Result:

Only the GAU8 sounds proper, the rest is kind of... Well, you hear it. The typical arma sound crap.

I am not sure this is a matter of "finding" the right sample numbers but rather a matter of configs. Here it is:

class Mode_FullAuto;

class CfgWeapons
{	
class CannonCore;
class MGunCore;
class MGun;
class LMG_RCWS;
{
	{	
		class StandardSound
		{
			closure1[] = {"",0.31622776,1,20};
			closure2[] = {"",0.31622776,1,20};
		};
		soundContinuous = 1;
	};
};	
class Gatling_30mm_Plane_CAS_01_F: CannonCore
{
	{	
		class StandardSound
		{
		};
	};
};

class M134_minigun: MGunCore
{
	{
		class StandardSound
		{
		};
		soundContinuous = 1;
	};
	{
		class StandardSound
		{
		};
		soundContinuous = 1;
	};
};

};

And I have no idea whats going on there.

Edited by megagoth1702

It doesnt work megagoth, no matter how much your try it wont work because the feature was installed broken, I've been asking and asking for ages.

LAxemann if you can make it work show it in a video like I have below, not so much as proof but just so we can see it working along with an explaination of what you did to your config/audio sample to make it work.

My video as far as I can see shows its broken. Each sample has a loop marker set for the word test, if it was to loop correctly it when fired fully automatic for 5 bullets it would say .eg. test test test test test 3 test 3, but instead it plays every sample fully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYD2CZCJZHo

Sorry for my brummy acsent!

Sound is broken in the latest build. You can hear distant units as if they were close to you.

True

me too, had that this afternoon - thought I was going mental :)

I very much approve of the new weapon sounds, especially the suppressed ones. The non suppressed sounds need some tweaking still, but I'm sure you guys are working on it. One thing is the volume. Some of them are a bit too quiet. A simple rule of thumb could be that it should be very hard to distinguish the "ping" from the bullet hitting a metal plate without suppressor, but it should be easily distinguishable with a suppressor attached. I realize this might be slightly difficult though, considering the dynamic range cannot be as wide as in real life, but still...

Looking forward to environmental effects, sound occlusion etc.... Exciting times ahead on dev-branch! :)

Edit: Just realised something else! If there's time, maybe you could look at making some more varied "bullet-snaps"/"sonic cracks". Getting shot at should be a scary thing :)

Edited by Brisse