Sign in to follow this  
sabre

Australian SOTG - Commandos

The most anticipated A2 units finally delivered, thank you & Ardy for the countless hours creating, testing and fixing them :)

I'm addicted to these fellas. Already made several missions. I'll touch up the missions and might even upload them.

I kinda forgot Lennard PMed me about using that grippod model for this (was a pleasant surprise to see my name in the credits :D), but I'm very happy I was able to contribute in some very small way with that model and the AFG handanim I did for RH. This is a bloody excellent looking addon made by some top blokes. :)

Congrats to all involved.

Awesome units IMHO. Just one suggestion if I may. Add some custom icons for the weapons, because it would help to quickly distinguish them in a weapon box packed with them as well as other guns, as well as looking just a tad better :p

Edited by Evil_Brownie
forgot something...

Ok, here are some bugs found after CTB play tested em tonight.

- ACRE 117 and 119 packs dont seem to show on the unit SBE_SOTG_TL (not tested by myself.)

- Mk48 with the eotech cant be used with NVG's

- Units seem to speak russian. (not heard by me, as i have those sounds turned off.)

May be more, will talk to the guys and see what they found.

very good detailed textures, i would love to see them in arma 3 but in the meanwhile i think i'll try to make a mission for CO with them.

Ok, here are some bugs found after CTB play tested em tonight.

- ACRE 117 and 119 packs dont seem to show on the unit SBE_SOTG_TL (not tested by myself.)

- Mk48 with the eotech cant be used with NVG's

- Units seem to speak russian. (not heard by me, as i have those sounds turned off.)

May be more, will talk to the guys and see what they found.

Repo'ed all 3.

heyyy man...great units i am downloading wright now :D can u tell me what weapon do you use for those??? is that some mod or??? tnx for the great addons!

Regrads

can u tell me what weapon do you use for those??? is that some mod or???

These units come with their own weapon pack

Great work Sabre! any chance of a quick config to get the weapons to function in A3? Not talking about reworking them to use the attachment system but just get the weapon in the box accessible the way they are.

Edited by The Spaceman

Truly astonishing collection of work! :) The absolutely persistent quality of the whole content made me let the past 20 minutes just fly around in the editor, looking at all the details. Everyone involved did an excellent job :)

Have you already planned to put them in the new engine as well?

Thanks a lot!

oh god , i love your pack ! i test it through arma 3 and that's perfect that's quiet bad we don't have your unit in arma 3 and your weapons ! anyway that's perfect !

Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. Also, thanks for all the bug reports :) Going through and testing everything can be a real bear, and we'd still miss things that people have found.

I have fixed all the bugs mentioned so (Acre and Ace backpacks not showing on Secco FAPC unit, MK48 eotech not working with NVGs, alternate optics on Shortdots not working with NVGs and Secco VAC not having 203 rounds) The only issue I am not sure of is the Russian voices issue. In the config I have:

identityTypes[] = {"Language_BAF","Head_RU_Camo","USMC_Glasses"};

I'm assuming that I've done something wrong or that Language_Baf is being overwitten by the head_ru_camo or something. If anyone knows a solution to this that doesn't involve removing the Head_RU_Camo please PM me or post something here.

These fixes will show up in the next update, along with weapon icons for the crates. If you spot any other issues please let me or Sabre know. Thanks!

Would it be possible at all to get a replacement pack to replace the base in game delta guys with these models. That would be amazing, and Thank you good work on the mod.

Ok so here is 0.2.

Ardy was able to fix most of the issues and we finished up the weapon icons.

As of this version they still speak Russian but we are aware of that.

Changelog 0.2

----------

Fixed: SBE_SOTG_TL now shows all ACRE and Ace backpacks

Fixed: MK48 eotech no longer turns off NVGs

Fixed: M4a5 Shortdot variants no longer turn off NVGs when using alternate optics

Fixed: Secco VAC now has ammunition for m203 launcher

Fixed: Torch and Peq both turning on.

Added: Weapon icons

Added: Groups in the editor for units

Added: X300 to USP SD

Link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/AddonReleases/SOTG/SBE_SOTG_0.2.7z

Awesome works guys, I'm sure everyone here would also look foward to a replacement pack if you plan on making one!

These units are much appreciated :)

Hey PLEASE PLEASE make a replacement pack for this, it's such an amazing mod and I would love to see a Replacement pack. Well done with the beautiful textures BTW.

if its not too much hastle could you also include the public bikey for server admins?

Also, any chance of you talking to sickboy about getting this on the six network? it would make it a bit easier for groups to use it :)

Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. Also, thanks for all the bug reports :) Going through and testing everything can be a real bear, and we'd still miss things that people have found.

I have fixed all the bugs mentioned so (Acre and Ace backpacks not showing on Secco FAPC unit, MK48 eotech not working with NVGs, alternate optics on Shortdots not working with NVGs and Secco VAC not having 203 rounds) The only issue I am not sure of is the Russian voices issue. In the config I have:

identityTypes[] = {"Language_BAF","Head_RU_Camo","USMC_Glasses"};

I'm assuming that I've done something wrong or that Language_Baf is being overwitten by the head_ru_camo or something. If anyone knows a solution to this that doesn't involve removing the Head_RU_Camo please PM me or post something here.

These fixes will show up in the next update, along with weapon icons for the crates. If you spot any other issues please let me or Sabre know. Thanks!

Just by proxy of how other ArmA inheritances work, have you considered moving language_BAF to the end of that string?