Sign in to follow this  
sabre

Australian SOTG - Commandos

I may have found a possible bug. When using the following addon: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14954&highlight=FORCE%2BRECON in conjunction with the SOTG addon, the models will get a green band around their fore arms, and the uniform will continue to the wrist. This happened on all models, and even affected the (HS) sleeves. I suggest using SOTG without the force recon replacement skins.

Congrats on the release. just in time for ANZAC day. :yay:

Hey PLEASE PLEASE make a replacement pack for this, it's such an amazing mod and I would love to see a Replacement pack. Well done with the beautiful textures BTW.
Awesome works guys, I'm sure everyone here would also look foward to a replacement pack if you plan on making one!

Here you go...

It replaces the US army soldiers (after all they're the most widely used)

There's a couple of units either didn't get replaced or in the medics case would be replaced for some reason; if someone figures it out/fixes it let me know.

It't not binarised so anyone can change the classes out easily for other factions.

Here is a BIKey for the SOTG. Let me know if there are any issues.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/AddonReleases/SOTG/SBE_SOTG_BIKEY.7z

Added both the Key and Ardy's Replacement config to OP.

Cheers!

Here is a replacement config for the US Delta Force guys. Only replaces units, not weapons.

Download

Ah, should have done delta as not to overlap with sabre's OCP... oh well, at least both are covered now.

First of all: great job! These are the best units I've seen in ArmA 2 so far!

About the russian voice bug: It seems that not all the units speak russian, some speak english. Kind of confusing... ;)

Yes!

Give That Man a New!

Thanks for these, great to finally have these ingame

Thanks for the outstanding units and weapons. For some reason, I can't download the bikey.zip.

Massive shout-out to the various individuals involved in the creation of this high quality release. Unfortunately I have one issue to report...

After a couple of large scale missions (20-40 players) utilizing the SOTG Commandos as the primary BLUFOR unit, it appears that significant frame-rate loss can occur whilst more than ten SOTG operators are onscreen at any time. Although this slowdown does not affect more then ~40% of players, it seems to be specific to a certain hardware or video configuration. My rig is fairly optimized for ArmA (i7, GTX570, 16GB, Dedicated SSD) and my FPS was consistently dropping from 60FPS to 20FPS for any period that a bunch of players were in my line of sight. However there are others with lesser hardware configurations that did not report any noticeable slowdown.

I guess I am simply wondering whether the slowdowns are due the incredible amount of detail in the models and textures or simply an issue with a particular LOD or shadow setting. If required, I can organise a youtube video with proof of the slowdowns using a mission with just the fifteen units, no weapons or enemies or civilians.

Kush.

Amendment: There are plenty of other factors I have not yet tried to isolate such as the new weapons, warFX or JSRS. Some of these additional addons may have caused an incompatibility. For reference my modline was BETA;ACR;BAF;PMC;CBA_CO;JARARMA2LIB;ACRE;ACE;ACEX;ACEX_USNAVY;ACEX_RU;WARFX;JSRS;SCOPEFX;STHUD (The map was takistan)

Edited by Kushluk
Amendment

Hey guys recently download the Australian SOTG Commandos addon. Everything went fine could view the soldier and all the gear. However, when I tried to play as the commandos the game would either crash or give me the following message, Addon 'SAL_SOTG_M4_cfg' requires addon 'CAweapons_e'. The game was recently purchased in disk not on steam. It is ArmA2 Combined Operations. If anyone could assist it would be greatly appreciated as the commandos look brilliant. I just can't play as them.

Cheers

To prevent a thread highjack I am going to answer your question ^

I believe CAweapons_e is the base classname for Operation Arrowhead Weapons (aka EP1 or Expansion Pack #1)

You may need to ensure your retail install is correct and both ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead are running together from the same install directory (Known as Combined Operations when done correctly)

Also you should have installed 1.62 Retail Patch the at some point.

Performance report.

Thanks for the report. It is likely to be caused by the risk we did decide to take leaving some extra poly's in and some larger texture sizes. Interesting that is seems to only effect certain hardware etc. (Or maybe it isn't that interesting I know fark all about PC hardware :D)

Personally while putting down all the units in the editor I did not seem to be effected too much.

I will speak to Ardy about area's we can attempt to improve it though.

So as long as I make sure that both games are from same directory it should work. And yeah mate I installed 1.62 patch yesterday so I could play OA online. I'm very new to this game so forgive my lack of knowledge in the area.

So as long as I make sure that both games are from same directory it should work. And yeah mate I installed 1.62 patch yesterday so I could play OA online. I'm very new to this game so forgive my lack of knowledge in the area.

Yeah mate, both have to be installed in the same spot. Then you shouldn't have any issues.

Alrighty mate thanks for that. I presume if it is not all together than I should reinstall or is it possible too change the directories without uninstalling.

---------- Post added at 07:44 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

Thanks heaps guys I've had a win thanks for the help. Looks great

I can also provide a performance report. No issues here. Was overlooking 4 squads of SOTG units and had no issues what so ever. My specs are as below in my signature block.

Footage from the mission here by Lyndiman: (I believe he has a similar setup as me with a Nvidia GPU)

Edited by CptDavo
Made it clear that the video isn't mine.

Great job on the units Sabre, hope to see them in A3 at some point. What's the difference between regular and HS units?

Don't know if it was mentioned before but there seems to be some issue with helmet shadows on Machine Gunner unit with shadows set on Normal. Having it on off or higher fixes it.

I'm not familiar with modern gear, so may anybody help me with one question - what do FAPC and VAC mean?

Nice video CptDavo. It's great to see the units in action. As far as performance goes, we will wait and see what kind of reports we get from various people on various hardware. The units are a little bit on the higher end, but I don't think they should be causing many problems.

@Chomiq - the (HS) units are the same as the unit without HS, they just have rolled sleeves. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix the shadow bug on normal settings. I will have to look into it.

@Spooky Lynx - I'm no gear expert either, but FAPC is a Fast Action Plate Carrier and VAC is something someone else will have to answer :) They are just two types of vest used by Australian forces.

That video is mine, it's not shown but I actually had to turn down the texture resolution from the highest to the second highest.

When I had about 30 guys on screen the FPS would dive. Lowering the tex rez fixed it. I have tonnes of ram and 4gb of vram but i guess its just a 32-bit app.