According to the changelog, they're placable in the editor as well.

In fact, they are only placeable in the editor right now and don't appear in Zeus at all. Is there any additional configuration needed to make this available in the zeus interface?

Individual weapons and items should be already available for Zeus in editor, but official missions still lack them. Should be fixed tomorrow.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm very pleased to see the introduction of 'Intel' items in the editor/Zeus, but one thing about it irks me is that it's not treated is a physical 'item' inside the player's inventory. I remember this was the case for some items in Arma 2 and i wish it were the same in A3. This adds an interesting dynamic in that the players must recover the intel safely, rather than just using an addaction on it once and forgetting it. It also greatly simplifies mission scripting for non-Zeus applications, for example after exfiltrating, a script could just check players' inventories for intel related items and if present it would complete the objective, all the while the players have had to take the intel from fallen comrades or take measures to ensure the 'ball carrier' :D makes it to the end. I think this change would have great benefit at the expense of creating a few new classnames and inventory icons. Thanks for your continued work on the game!

Individual weapons and items should be already available for Zeus in editor, but official missions still lack them. Should be fixed tomorrow.

They also don't show up in Zeus if I place the module in the editor. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong?

Entering a vehicle with a remotely controlled unit instantly returns me to Zeus. If i then take control of the unit in the vehicle , the unit can not get out of the vehicle or change positions. I thought this should work now?

On a lighter note... I can also see no rooster among the chickens in the pultry module ;)

•Fixed: Problem with missing action on weapon holder when holder is near an object with a big envelope

Yes this has fixed the issues of accessing weaponHolders in buildings for me - Thanks devs.

Possibly cases in classnames did not match, this creates twin class entries although is rather safe as far as I know.

/twin eventhandlers/

Thanks for clarification :)

EDIT: Thinking about it, I'll do a quick test with diag_log ... in the init EH and see if I get two entries in the rpt.

EDIT_2:

So I just tried this config:

class Horde_O_Offroad_01_armed_F: Offroad_01_armed_base_F
{
_generalmacro = "Horde_O_Offroad_01_armed_F";
accuracy = 1.25;
author = "Das Attorney";
crew = "Horde_O_Gunman_SMG_01_F_radio";
faction = "Horde_OPF_F";
radartype = 0;
scope = 2;
side = 0;
typicalCargo[] = {"Horde_O_Gunman_Katiba_F"};

class EventHandlers
{
	fired = "diag_log format ['%1', time]";
};

class TransportItems {};
class TransportWeapons {};
class TransportMagazines {};
class TransportBackpacks {};
};

(There are 2 entries for class EventHandlers).

And fired 4 shots from the MG, and I got only 4 entries in the rpt:

"7.776"
"10.186"
"12.043"
"13.917"

So yes as you say it is not a problem. Thanks for easing my mind about it.

Edited by Das Attorney

can BI finally replace SSAO with HBAO for settings presets?

SSAO is worse in every way and have no reason to be there it only have negatively effect for new players...

Edited by CrazyBaron

can BI finally replace SSAO with HBAO for settings presets?

SSAO is worse in every way and have no reason to be there it only have negatively effect for new players...

I don't agree. SSAO is looking far more subtle and realistic than HBAO. An option is an option.

I don't agree. SSAO is looking far more subtle and realistic than HBAO. An option is an option.

A rather weird opinion considering there's academic research with algorithms posted and reasoning why HBAO and HDAO are more physically correct than SSAO.

Any screens regarding the topic? It seems to be personal preference with most games.

Yay!

A rather weird opinion considering there's academic research with algorithms posted and reasoning why HBAO and HDAO are more physically correct than SSAO.

Personal preference clearly beats academic research and algorithms, regardless of what is "more physically correct". So if someone finds SSAO looks more subtle and realistic than HBAO to them, it's a bit rude to call that a "weird opinion". Why on earth would it matter if HBAO is left in as an option for those who prefer it anyway?

Personal preference clearly beats academic research and algorithms, regardless of what is "more physically correct". So if someone finds SSAO looks more subtle and realistic than HBAO to them, it's a bit rude to call that a "weird opinion". Why on earth would it matter if HBAO is left in as an option for those who prefer it anyway?

No, it really doesn't if you're aiming for a more realistic look.

I just wanted to point it out, no need to pull your hair out.

Another changelog and not a single word about optimization :(

Well, technically, every fixed issue is also a small step towards optimization.

With all due respect but are you a dev?

No, but it's common sense.

edit.

I hope there will be a hotfix for the broken unit placement in Zeus today...it's completely useless right now

Edited by novemberist

Until there is absolutely perfect photorealism in games I will stick to my taste. Right now the SSAO looks far more real to me than HBAO or HDAO. Thank you.

Another changelog and not a single word about optimization :(

"Optimized: Artillery shell effects"

there's 4 words about optimization. (:

Until there is absolutely perfect photorealism in games I will stick to my taste. Right now the SSAO looks far more real to me than HBAO or HDAO. Thank you.

The new AO implementation in ARMA 3 is supposedly HDAO:

09-01-2014

EXE version: 114092

Size: ~11.2 MB

-snip-

• Prototype implementation of HDAO method for ambient occlusion computation. It's available only for DX11 GPUs (uses compute shaders). Can be found in video options in AO settings.

That would explain why I have better performance with it than SSAO, being an ATI user.

Yay!

No, it really doesn't if you're aiming for a more realistic look.

I just wanted to point it out, no need to pull your hair out.

No hair pulling going on here thanks.

Everyone I know is interested in setting it up so it looks good to them and so that they can see things clearly, not to try and make it look realistic at the expense of gameplay and it's impossible anyway as it doesn't look anywhere close to realistic (not saying it doesn't look nice and BIS haven't done a good job but certainly not realistic). There's an awful lot of things that make the gameplay unrealistic as well but that's another matter (but a more important thing to focus on improving, considering that it's impossible to make it look realistic with current technology).

My squad don't seem to call out "injured" anymore. Known bug? I'm on todays devbranch build.

My squad don't seem to call out "injured" anymore. Known bug? I'm on todays devbranch build.

What happens if you ask an injured guy to report status? (5-5)

Does he just say his position?