Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Hi wolle.

Hope you'll get better.

Did you integrate my templates in the missions on Everon map?

Don't feel bad for w0lle. Now that he's sick we can finally regrow some skin on our backs from the whip!

CWR2 CWC 1.04, Mission: Hind Attack

-After gathering all squad members HUD marker still says "Meeting Point", pointing somewhere at Ec59, no matter which task you select.

-T80 at Ed62 seems to be invincible as well as its crew.

-Mi24s are unlocked, Im pretty sure they were locked in OPF.

-Two ammo crates in hind base are US instead of RU.

-In OPF there was a BMP that came to base after you started to kill people/got detected.

Mi-24 weren't locked.

I know it, as I used to take on of them to sweep the base out.

Mission: Recon

-when you open map in top right corner it says intro1 instead of mission name; Recon in this case.

-I cant seem to be able to spot empty shilka (currently 1st one but I assume its same for all of them). I am looking directly at it trough binoculars and holding, pressing RMB, nothing works. No side radio message. Anyone else has this problem?

Edit: Scratch that, apparently I had to get really close to spot it.

in the CWC campaign an have one bug:

Mission : Flashpoint

there is another soldier with the same face and the same name as David Armstrong

the player in the squad is 8 and the soldier doubled is 7

thanks in advance :)

A couple of very minor bugs:

1. On Everon, there is a floating sign at the coordinates Fd49

0uhR2.jpg

http://imgeasy.com/images/tJXux.jpg (125 kB)

2. Three weapons, the AKS-74 GP25, AKS-74U, and AKS-74U SD, have a small model error on the charging handle that can be seen while firing.

AKS-74 GP25

OFbg.jpg

TNCb.jpg

AKS-74U

7HUBv.jpg

W0b1X.jpg

AKS-74U SD

SBufo.jpg

3. The RPK-74 seems to have no recoil in the crouched and prone stance. Somehow I remember this being the same in the original but it seems off.

I've played through Resistance and a bit more than half of CWC and this mod has so much polish. I'm enjoying it every bit as much as the original, except everything looks perfectly up to date. Malden especially is such a beautiful location now, I always remembered it as being the ugliest of the original islands, lol. The only things I miss are some of the funny death sounds from the original and the fact that enemy drivers wouldn't get out of the car and when you killed them, they would be still for a few moments before falling forward into the steering wheel :D. I'm also finding the Black Ops missions harder this time around, but not impossible. Hinds are also a real terror, bloody flying tanks they are. These last two comments aren't criticisms btw, just observations.

Edited by Strelok

Interesting feedback on the rifles, Strelok. I shall take a look at what's causing this.

Your other feedback is no doubt also interesting but I only know about weapons and things :)

Mission: Counter Strike

-In top right corner of map it says intro1 again.

-Task to defend base never complites, however if you proceed and take second base, mission ends successfully.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Could you guys possibly make gunner sights on tanks of russian origin red like M1? It is very difficult to see where you are aiming sometimes.

Janez can you provide me a screenshot of that "intro1" thing please?

Most probably caused by the additional strings from the Russian translation.

Janez can you provide me a screenshot of that "intro1" thing please?

Most probably caused by the additional strings from the Russian translation.

Huh, I reverted to counter stike and recon and now it shows mission name instead of intro1. Weird.

Another thing though, in any campaign mission that uses A10 I get error message during briefing screen; "Error: creating weapon CWR2_GAU8 with scope=private".

Another thing though, in any campaign mission that uses A10 I get error message during briefing screen; "Error: creating weapon CWR2_GAU8 with scope=private".

I have this when i open editor and choose Airplanes from CWR 2 faction.

Edited by tom3kb

Mission: Red Dawn

I went to Guba's base using Hind and arested him. During cutscene he just died, then there was like a change of frame in cutscene and Guba was alive again and when cutscene was done, he died again... heart attack? Though I got task accomplished and side radio message that I captured him. However, when I destroyed the SCUD, radio message said that he had a little accident and mission ended successfully.

Mission: Status Quo

On briefing screen I got this error:

Error in expression <;
spustit=true;
zlodej=false;
autopark=[vojta,viktor,stipek,adam,jirka,ondra,mar>
 Error position: <vojta,viktor,stipek,adam,jirka,ondra,mar>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: vojta
File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\missions\38_statusquo.eden\init.sqf, line 24

And when I started the mission I got:

Error in expression <itleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 3];

sleep 10;
aP globalRadio "38r10";

sleep 5;
velit >
 Error position: <aP globalRadio "38r10";

sleep 5;
velit >
 Error Undefined variable in expression: ap
File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\missions\38_statusquo.eden\init.sqf, line 47

which prevented radio message asking for landing clearance, I guess, because I only got "Thats a roger, you are clear to land. Over".

Otherwise, you know, dude doesnt have a car for me, air taxi takes too long to take off so I just take a flying whale to pick up my friends and we hit the pub in Mi17 like a baws :cool:.

Now to the good stuff. Absolutely fabulous credits, I love it. Although, that dude is doing something strange to that rabbit :D. And when that BlackOps guy is (dragging?) that TV inside, TV is floating in air (nitpick).

I have to say once again guys, you really did an amazing job here, not that it feels like OFP again, its way better. Arma 2 flight model, graphics and a lot of other things that seem small but impact gameplay so much. I had great time playing CWC and now its time to complete Resistance campaign.

"Pro" tip: if HDR is annoying you in any mission and you cant see a thing, lower brightness and raise gamma a bit, I have it around 0.9, 1.4.

I noticed something else strange on dead Russian and Resistance units. Seems to be LOD related as it disappears when you get closer.

Notice the line sticking up over body at an angle (not a weapon):

http://imgeasy.com/images/kHTyc.jpg (1929 kB)

It disappears once you move a bit closer:

http://imgeasy.com/images/IObck.jpg (2007 kB)

Sorry for the large image size but it helps to be able to zoom in.

Resistance, Mission: Invasion

I dunno if this was intentional or not but you have action to display bus timetable at all times troughout the mission. In OFP it was only available at bus station IIRC.

Music in cutscenes is too loud compared to speech/voices in general. CWC suffers from this in a lot of cutscenes as well.

Fixed the CWC Campaign issues with Red Dawn and Status Quo (hopefully). Also added a check to the "arrest Guba" script which exists if Guba is dead when you are close to him. The different endings should be fine now too.

But the problem with him being dead, then alive again I too had once.

I upload a new version at latest tomorrow.

This new config fix that error message for me. :rthumb:

Phew, least it works again.

Varta added back to Nogova as well.

Will be included in R3 next month.

Not sure what his weird artifact is the dead units have. Looks a bit like the shape of a proxy.

Not sure what his weird artifact is the dead units have. Looks a bit like the shape of a proxy.

I think it is an isolated vertex in a lod distance, which is not included in the selection.:)

Cwc campaign:

Undercover-task: Continue on foot not greened to the end of mission,should be greened when we reach castle.

Night patrol-task: Guard the installation not greened to the end of mission.

I'm still playing v1.03 (i forgot to copy v1.04 on my PC) I checked changelog for v1.04 and i didnt see that you fix those bugs so they probably still there. If im wrong sorry that im bother you W0lle.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Mission Interidiction.

TASK: Disable tanks was greened when i disable only 1 tank, one that stay close to road. I dont check if this task is also greened when i disable only that tank that patrol the road. So im not sure now this task should be completed when we disable tank 1 or 2. Or this is a bug and this task should be completed when both tanks are disabled.

CWC Campaign v1.05 available, link in the first post.

Changelog v1.05

---------------

CHNGD : Hind Attack - US crates at base replaced with Russian ones

FIXED : Status Quo - scripting errors fixed

FIXED : Red Dawn - scripting errors fixed

CHNGD : Counterstrike - Detection if reinforcements are defeated should be more reliable now

FIXED : Undercover - Task 3 (proceed on foot) should be marked as complete now

FIXED : Night Patrol - Task 1 was not marked as complete on mission end

TASK: Disable tanks was greened when i disable only 1 tank, one that stay close to road.

Disabling the stationary T-80 at the road is enough to complete the task. The other T-80 is only a secondary objective.

@wolle

Will you integrate my everon template in the camp or do you wait to have kolgujev and malden too?