Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

New CWC Campaign version out, see first post for link.

Changelog v1.03

---------------

CHNGD : Flashpoint - Attack village marker was shown before player knew about the task

CHNGD : Incursion - Unlocked the helicopters at the base so Wiki can fly them ^^

CHNGD : Rescue - Minor tweaking after truck is boarded

CHNGD : Strange Meeting - Enemy tanks stop when player is alone

FIXED : Airbourne - Permanent waypoints were shown in Regular/Beginner mode

FIXED : Maverick - Permanent waypoints were shown in Regular/Beginner mode

FIXED : Maverick - Player was not Sam Nicholls

FIXED : Montignac must fall - Detection if player is alone was not working correctly

FIXED : Saboteur - Permanent waypoints were shown in Regular/Beginner mode

FIXED : Two campaign missions were not available due to outdated campaign structure

FIXED : In some missions you could continue with the next even if the mission failed

This should fix another batch of big and small problems. Sorry for the two "hidden" campaign missions, still can't believe that actually happened. :(

Those who want to play them now but are done with the campaign: Revert the mission "Air Superiority" and you should be able to play "Recon" and "Killdozer" after that one.

Hi W0lle

We are now running CWR² beta R2 on Linux server, stand by for mass complains ;)

Great work, congrats to you and your team.

I only noticed two more small things in the last mission of the CWC campaign, status quo. There is a boat parked on land at grid GA55 (where you pick up the guy from the boat). And the mission doesn't really end after going to the pub. Endmission cheat didn't work either.

I have enjoyed the campaigns very much, thank you all who created or helped create this great mod!

I noticed on the last mission, that the Resistance Leader got stuck on top of the castle, and would contiously run against the corner of the castle tower.

Also, I don't remember having to clear the town on Defender? Is that new?

Having never played the original operation flashpoint (Besides the demo), I jumped on this as soon as I saw it released. I'd like to thank you guys for your efforts, blood, sweat, tears and other nasties. Just finished the CWC campaign, and experienced minimal bugs (Don't even remember what those bugs were), very enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to trying the resistance campaign! Thank you very much!

Blood mixes with sweat then gets into your eyes and causes tears...

Glad you enjoyed it!

Huge thanks to the Cold War Rearmed team! Well done and looks beautiful! Brings me back to the glorious days of OFP.

Hi to the whole CWR²-Team!

What i want to let you know.

The CWR²-Mod causes the following:

...joy of life

...hours of fabulous game mood

...immersive feeling

...gratitude to all CWR²-Members

Take all a heartfelt Thank you for all your effort

(In my case, especially Max Power, for his extraordinary feat for modelling the most beautiful AH-1S on stage):)

Best regards

McLupo

I have a simple question, in mission "wake up" of CWR campain, i'll take 3 Shirka, but at the beginning we are destroy by emeny T-72 on beach, we just hold fire and go proue , didn't move any more , but T-72 still found us and kill all. Does MI-17 find us?? it's strange!

Hi to the whole CWR²-Team!

What i want to let you know.

The CWR²-Mod causes the following:

...joy of life

...hours of fabulous game mood

...immersive feeling

...gratitude to all CWR²-Members

Take all a heartfelt Thank you for all your effort

(In my case, especially Max Power, for his extraordinary feat for modelling the most beautiful AH-1S on stage):)

Best regards

McLupo

I'm very glad you're enjoying the cobra. I plan on making the rotor blur a little more Take On like. Right now the rotor blur is meant to look good / realistic mainly from the external view angle, but I think it could look better from the ground as it flies over.

Am I the only one having so much difficulty with the Defender mission in the 1985 campaign? This was my eighth attempt, and the cursing is growing increasingly louder from my general direction. ;-)

I noticed other people talked about not shooting up the UAZ -- I didn't do that -- and I kept myself as prone as possible and sheltered by as many bushes as possible. The UAZ shows no signs of spotting me, either. However, when the tanks roll up, without fail I'm spotted by the first tank's sponson gunner immediately as the lead tank begins to pass us, and the lead tank's machinegunner lights us up in just a couple of seconds (shooting backward into where we are, on his oblique flank), well before I have a chance to pull out my LAW, flee, or interact in any way. Half the time the machinegunner spots me first (and my superior gives the "it's supposed to be a covert mission!" nonsense, as if I'm somehow being obvious), the other half the time he spots my superior first and the first sign that something is amiss is the red mist where he used to be. I notice that sometimes my superior will actually crouch to pull out his LAW while the tanks are still facing us, and that he spins around and aims at the target instead of keeping his head down like he tells me to, but this doesn't seem to be the cause of the detection: rather, the tanks just seem to be able to see us based on our proximity even though we're in their flank and well hidden by shadows and foliage.

Anything I'm missing here? Is the mission just unwinnable with the Arma 2 engine, or have other people been more successful on this? Any suggestions?

Am I the only one having so much difficulty with the Defender mission in the 1985 campaign? This was my eighth attempt, and the cursing is growing increasingly louder from my general direction. ;-)

I noticed other people talked about not shooting up the UAZ -- I didn't do that -- and I kept myself as prone as possible and sheltered by as many bushes as possible. The UAZ shows no signs of spotting me, either. However, when the tanks roll up, without fail I'm spotted by the first tank's sponson gunner immediately as the lead tank begins to pass us, and the lead tank's machinegunner lights us up in just a couple of seconds (shooting backward into where we are, on his oblique flank), well before I have a chance to pull out my LAW, flee, or interact in any way. Half the time the machinegunner spots me first (and my superior gives the "it's supposed to be a covert mission!" nonsense, as if I'm somehow being obvious), the other half the time he spots my superior first and the first sign that something is amiss is the red mist where he used to be. I notice that sometimes my superior will actually crouch to pull out his LAW while the tanks are still facing us, and that he spins around and aims at the target instead of keeping his head down like he tells me to, but this doesn't seem to be the cause of the detection: rather, the tanks just seem to be able to see us based on our proximity even though we're in their flank and well hidden by shadows and foliage.

Anything I'm missing here? Is the mission just unwinnable with the Arma 2 engine, or have other people been more successful on this? Any suggestions?

The same problem you have with tanks, I once had with UAZ. I noticed that the catch is that you have to be as close to your squad leader instead of being in the bush. For some reason UAZ spotted me if I was hidden in bush but did not spot me if I was ~0.5m away from squad leader. Restart mission and try this 'tactic'. Oh, once UAZ spotted my squad leader becouse he went crouch and pulled out LAW. So you may have to try few times but it should work. If you play on regular difficulty you have 'ˇ' like yellow HUD marker near squad leader. Try going prone directly on this marker. Good luck.

I have a simple question, in mission "wake up" of CWR campain, i'll take 3 Shirka, but at the beginning we are destroy by emeny T-72 on beach, we just hold fire and go proue , didn't move any more , but T-72 still found us and kill all. Does MI-17 find us?? it's strange!

Don't stay at the beach but get moving away from the town as quickly as possible, e.g. up the hill to the North. From there you can then start searching for the Shilkas. Keep in mind that all armored vehicles and airplanes have night vision.

There are a few things you could try:

1) lay your mines further south (way before the crate) so tanks get hit as early as possible. You don't have to stick with Fuller.

2) Make sure you lay some mines left and right of the road too so you get the 2nd Tank when he's trying to move around the first

3) When you laid your mines, grab your LAW and then hide behind the rocks or a bush far away from the road. If Fuller dies when the tanks arrive, so be it. :)

Depending on your skill level however it's possible that Fuller gets detected even when lying flat on the ground. The problem here is that the Bushes in A2 are no more such good cover as they were in OFP. What could be done is changing the detection trigger so it activates only when the player is detected by the Russians.

What also could be done is making the UAZ move only when the mines are laid, that would give you more time to get prepared.

My solution:

-look where your buddy put his mine on the road, then put all your mines with it. that way, the first tank will be destroyed for sure.

then take the LAW, and shoot at the tracks of the second tank: that way, both tanks will be stopped and the crews will bail out.

Edited by Wiki

Campaign Cwc v1.03.

Mission Combined Arms.

Task: Await attack order is active to mission end, not greened in briefing. I think this task should be completed when we have radio message from HQ with "...Go, go, go".

Mission: Montignac must fall.

From mission start to the end we see on map marker Escape into the forest-this marker should be added when we get task Retreat to nearby forest(last task). Also when we get that task i think that task Clear Provins should be Canceled or Failed, now is active to the end of mission(or maybe we have a chance to clear this village alone?).

Once again :respekt: to CWR2 team.

Some script errors from .rpt file -> CWC Campaign v1.03

Error in expression <lUnits;

[] execVM "scripts\drill.sqf";

us_11 switchMove "shaftoe_c0briefing_ota>

Error position: <us_11 switchMove "shaftoe_c0briefing_ota>

Error Undefined variable in expression: us_11

File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\missions\00_training.abel\initintro.sqf, line 4

File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\description.ext, line 540: '/Campaign/Part2/18_Scouting.end2': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\description.ext, line 585: '/Campaign/Part2/22_ReturnToEden.end2': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\description.ext, line 652: '/Campaign/Part2/27_Recon.end2': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\description.ext, line 804: '/Campaign/Part4/34_Incursion.end2': Missing ';' at the end of line

I have been playing further into the campaign and I just wanted to thank you guys once again for all of the work that has been put into this. I have gone to work tired for several days now because of staying up late to play through this masterpiece and I can't wait for the weekend. :satisfied: I would love to see the Red Hammer campaign, any chance that will be implemented?

I have been playing further into the campaign and I just wanted to thank you guys once again for all of the work that has been put into this. I have gone to work tired for several days now because of staying up late to play through this masterpiece and I can't wait for the weekend. :satisfied: I would love to see the Red Hammer campaign, any chance that will be implemented?

The CWR2 guys have said we won't see a Red Hammer Campaign as that was made by Codemasters, it wasn't made by BIS.

I would love to see the Red Hammer campaign, any chance that will be implemented?

You can play Red Hammer campaign, Shj studio made this campaign but all briefings are in German, all cutscenes, radio messages, talks are like in oryginal in english. You can download this campaign from arma2base site. I dont know if we see someday english ver of this campaign.

CWC campaign v1.04 available, link in the first post. Should have all recently reported problems fixed.

Changelog v1.04

---------------

ADDED : Russian translation (thanks Danil-ch)

CHNGD : Defender - Smaller tweaks which eventually make it a bit easier

CHNGD : Montignac Montignac fall - task 4 is canceled when player is alone and Provins not clear

CHNGD : Montignac must fall - Marker in the forest was permanently visible

FIXED : Combined Arms - Task 1 never was marked as completed

FIXED : Errors on campaign description.ext

FIXED : Status Quo - Several reported issues fixed

FIXED : Training - script error in intro scene

Please check the Defender mission, it should be a bit easier now: Fuller is set to captive so the UAZ ignores him. The player of course can still be detected.

I'm sick like a dog, having a horrible cold so it's possible not all is 100% fixed. Just keep reporting the problems and I fix them asap.

I'm so sorry to hear that, have a good rest! you'll be better quickly!