Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

@wolle

Will you integrate my everon template in the camp or do you wait to have kolgujev and malden too?

Ah right, I knew there was something left unanswered.

Of course I will add the templates, after all that's why you made them. But I prefer to wait for the rest so the whole campaign makes use of your work. :)

Wolle thanks for answer my e-mail and did not know of the problem until a few days ago but thanks again for fix them :)

FIXED : Undercover - Task 3 (proceed on foot) should be marked as complete now

That task marked as completed for me in the past.

8febb4222282482.jpg

This was a while back, but "Liberate Lolisse" task didn't show as completed at end of Spearhead:

4b6dac246342156.jpg

Air Assault, RTB objective not greened:

79a4f6246482812.jpg

Cutscenes can be odd when characters are on a slope ;)

0ea007249227518.jpg

Escape: "Follow instructions" task not greened:

b84052249227728.jpg

Edited by OMAC

Finally time to play :) Is this updated through SIX, or do I have to DL it from the first link to get the latest updates? Or do I have to search through the thread to get hold of all the "nightly updates"?

@andersson

Everything you need is in the first post and up to date. There's currently only one "nightly update" you need: a weapon config which is fixing a scope problem with the GAU-8.

The file is here: http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_nightly/cwr2_weaponcfg_29-Apr-2013.zip

I'm not sure if the campaigns on Six are the latest versions though, you better grab them from the first post to be sure.

Ok, good. Grabb the 1.05 campaigns, the GAU fix and let SIX do the rest.

Thank you :)

@OMAC

I finished Spearhead today CWC v1.03 and all task was completed (greened in briefing and debriefing) without any problems.

@OMAC

I finished Spearhead today CWC v1.03 and all task was completed (greened in briefing and debriefing) without any problems.

Excellent! Looks like W0lle fixed it. My shot was from months ago during alpha testing.

Bug in US armored vehicles:

M113A2, M113A3, M163.

When we are driver and look through periscope/"window" ;) we dont see the real things that are in front of us. There is some strange texture with blurry hills and trees on periscope glass. Not the reall terrain.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

@edit

Ok, when we use INS key to change view we can change it to the normal one. So it's not a big problem.

That is a known feature, only pressing optics view will present the terrain. The M113 family of vehicles in CWR2 is derived from the Armed Assault vehicles and in A2 it requires additional work to get vision blocks in vehicle interiors to work properly (hence the absence of vehicle interiors for many vehicles and the use of optics view only modes). Without a modeller willing to devote the time and effort to fix this it will remain like this.

Regards,

Sander

New version 1.06 of Resistance is finally here (Sorry, days went too fast and took too long to update the campaign). I added russian stringtables, fixed/tweaked many reported issues, added code to transfer backpacks that player and/or his team-mates are carrying and added backpacks to many crates/vehicles. I will test the function better myself too once I finish downloading new mod version. Let me know if you spot any issues before me. If the backpack transfering (between missions) isnt yet working for some reason, I will release an update very soon.

Temporal download link (until the first post have updated link too):

EDIT2: Link now in the first post.

Edit: Reuploaded corrected version. Please redownload if you downloaded before. Sorry for extra hassle.

Edited by SaOk

SaOk, be brave! You will see in some moment wave of bugs pointed by users and generally noticed will start decreasing.

:) Feedback/ideas are always welcome. Easier to remember what to tweak after some break.

Wave of bugs? I think it'll be only a trickle. :)

New version 1.06 of Resistance is finally here (Sorry, days went too fast and took too long to update the campaign). I added russian stringtables, fixed/tweaked many reported issues, added code to transfer backpacks that player and/or his team-mates are carrying and added backpacks to many crates/vehicles. I will test the function better myself too once I finish downloading new mod version. Let me know if you spot any issues before me. If the backpack transfering (between missions) isnt yet working for some reason, I will release an update very soon.

Temporal download link (until the first post have updated link too):

EDIT2: Link now in the first post.

Edit: Reuploaded corrected version. Please redownload if you downloaded before. Sorry for extra hassle.

as always, bad timing, I finished the resistance campaign just 1 day before this... /facepalm

I loved it soo much! the resistance, what freedom it gives, no political idealogy, strugle for any arms, no limitations what weapons to use, just free will to scavenge anything and use it to liberate the nogovan people.

Hell with CWC, I'll start resistance again! This time i'll try to roll the dice to get engineer on the begining of 'ammo low', it'll make so much easier to repair all the tracks and form uber armoured resistance forces later on :)

Also this time I need to play with difficulty settings, so that russians would be more challenging to take on.

CWC campaign:

Killdozer-small mistake in briefing that we can call Zulu by 0-1-1, should be 0-0-1.

WAKE UP CALL-all 3 Shilkas are marked on map from mission start but in Recon mission i located only 2. Maybe its not a bug and makes no difference if we find 1,2 or 3 AA guns in Recon, we always have later 3 AA guns marked on start of Wake Up Call. I dont remember how it was made in OFP.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Wake Up Call-third Shilka (west outpost) escaped somewhere to south after i destroy 2nd Shilka, and when i killed few soldiers in that small village where we have to destroy Shilka 3.

Resistance 1.06

After mission Ammo Low you loose all briefing pool weapons from previous two mission. No matter if you restart the mission or not. Squad weapons stay but I have no Kozlice anymore :icon_sad:.

Strange, I dont see yet mistakes in code for that. Testing soon that part myself too.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Played from Ammo Low to Scrap and it worked for me. I have SVD, satchels, RPG-launcher and other magazines from previous mission. My team-mate have still backpack from mission before Ammo Low. Dont know if there is conflict with some certain gear/combinations. :S

Great Mod !!! ... should have been downloading it earlier - thanks guys

Another possible bug:

The PK machinegun uses the vanilla Arma2 sound when fired by AI. Sounds weak as piss compared to the amazing 1st person sound, lol.

Gear gets transfered for me and teammates but not gear that was in briefing pool. After Ammo Low I only had gear in briefing pool that I put in truck during Ammo Low.

Also, where did you get SVD prior to Ammo Low?

It was in the ammo truck, I think. I see now how the gear may get missing. If unit carries weapon/magazine between mission and that gear is left un-used in briefing (the selected gear is moved away from the unit and no other unit takes that gear), then that gear may not be transfered to the next mission. Seems like the pool command detects what gear player/team-mates have taken, but not adding automatically what new is left. I will need to add new code to compare transfered stuff on units (my code) to what the team is carrying after briefing, then add the stuff that is missing to pool. I will include it to the next version (more near to summer). I will gather bugs and maybe tweak some cutscenes first, also focus on arma3 missions, before releasing new Resistance version.

Awright. I know there is one SVD in ammo truck in Ammo Low but didnt find any in two missions before. Thanks anyway, keep up the good work.

Oh, I see that in Ammo Low you get two extra random soldiers (N0. 9 and 10). Can you make it just two rifleman?

In this mission whole squad is random, sometimes i have only riflemans. Sometimes 4 guys with MG, 2 snipers, 2 AT gunners ;)