Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

The mission works just fine if you don't increase the viewdistance, or use some AI improvement Mods. I played that mission god knows how many times by now and never was detected by the enemy at mission start!

I concur 100%, and I have played that damn mission almost as many times as W0lle, I'll bet. ;) :rolleyes:

In all those times, resistance squad was NEVER detected by Russians in village until we started firing on them after tank was destroyed by other team. No mods other than CWR2 used, of course, and 3541m view distance.

I had a truck load of fun on that mission, and yeah it played out flawlessly. Even went to the base near Levie and wrecked a couple of tanks for fun, lol.

Sabotage was another immensely fun experience. Things started off rough as I got bogged down in Levie by three BMPs after taking out a handful of patrolling soldiers near the crossroads. I don't think I was spotted but I didn't hide the bodies either so I wonder if that's how the BMPs became alerted to my presence. Anyways, I hid in one of the barns for an eternity until I finally got the courage to crawl up to one of the BMPs and set a satchel charge by its track. After crawling back to the barn (I'm paranoid), I set off the charge and then waited another long while, too chicken to go outside as I wasn't sure if the other BMPs knew my exact position or not. Then, in a stroke of luck, a patrolling RPG soldier strolled past the tiny circular window in the loft of the barn, close to where the ammo trucks were waiting patiently to be destroyed. I quickly gunned him down and decided to make a quick dash out into the street and grab his RPG. Little did I know there was a Spetznaz soldier hiding behind one of the trucks who almost killed me before I made it to the RPG soldier. I hit the ground and where I lay, his line of sight was blocked by one of the truck's wheels so I shot him in the legs until he died. After grabbing the RPGs, I made quick work of the remaining two BMPs. Next stop, the base near Levie.

The only problem was that by this point it was already getting light outside so once I made it to the base, I was quickly spotted. I managed to kill a couple of the crewmen near the fire but the three nearest the Shilka made it into their vehicle. I had one RPG left so I blew up the Shilka and then ran back towards the woods. I knew that at least one tank had been manned and I could hear its engine from the woods. Then more music to my ears, not one but two Hinds getting closer and closer. I thought I was screwed but rather than reloading, I found a safe vantage point in some bushes overlooking the base and thought I would study the AI's reaction as they didn't know my immediate location. The T80 was patrolling the base but not making a great effort to locate me but then a Ural packed with 10 soldiers pulled up and unloaded. With the menacing sound of two Hinds above me, an aggroed T80, and over a dozen infantry milling about, I thought I was done for. Then, in a stroke of AI brilliance, I heard the loud crash of a helicopter. Not more than two minutes later, a second crash. Looks like the pilots had a bit too much to drink before taking off and suddenly I felt determined to stick it out. I still didn't want to take on any infantry, knowing that they would alert the T80 to my location and then I would be helpless without any AT weaponry, so I just waited some more. After a while, the crewmen in the T80 decided I had left and so returned to their starting position by the fire, not too arsed by the fact that a bunch of their mates had just been gunned down by some clown in black pajamas crawling through the bushes like a ninja and another three sat roasting in a burning Shilka. Quite generously, they had left the tank close to the guard tower and more importantly, a string of bushes that would allow me to close most of the distance unnoticed. So after getting to the edge of the bushes, I waited for the largest infantry patrol to make its way to the opposite corner of the base before standing up and running like a mad man the rest of the way down the hill toward the tank. I was quickly spotted but by the time the enemy soldiers started firing at me, I had the tank between myself and their firing arc. After entering the tank, I switched to the gunnery seat and quickly mowed down the three AT soldiers I had counted earlier. Then it was just a leisurely cleanup of the base. Lastly, I did what I was sent to do-- blow up the tanks, and the helicopter for good measure. After that, I used the remaining sabot rounds to destroy the barracks just for fun, leaving the base a smoldering pile of rubble and scrap. Good times. :D

Here is the Armaholic link CH-47 RAF Barvo November link for some of the mission I missed to write:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16808&a=dl

Due to the problems and complaints about RKSL lynx and RKSL system I will update the mission pack with the correct RKSL system, and a pack with only CWR2 choppers.

Enjoy...

Sickboy sent me a little program yesterday I would like to share with you.

It's called "Play CWR² with Six" and is Updater, Launcher and Server-browser for the CWR² Modification. It does all that Play with Six does, just focused on CWR² so you don't have to deal with any settings. Just launch it, click on Play (or Update) and join a server running the CWR² Mod you like.

If you want/need full access to Play with Six, just launch it instead the CWR² tool.

To use the launcher, just copy/extract the included "Play CWR2 withSIX.exe" on your Desktop, ArmA2 installation folder or wherever you like to have it.

playwithsixovx3e.jpg

Download Play CWR² with Six

Pretty coo' stuff, man. :3

I have a question about another mission, and this one I may have an answer to if I can become Solid Snake; in Reckoning, is there any air units active at the start of the mission, or only when the base is alerted of my unit? I was thinking of planning a slow insertion, take out the guards, and hopefully not have to deal with any air units...choppers are damned terrifying.

the rksl-system.pbo is the wrong one:

here is the good one

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6856

it's not the rksl core you need to download, but the link I've just given

Thanks for that Wiki, that's what I was looking for. Do you think perhaps, you could put that on Armaholic in his comments for his mission pack?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20635

Sorry if I'm off topic on this...

Here are screenshots of your Para's and Royal Marines. Much appreciated.

_a2_cwr2baf_para_with_beret.jpg _a2_29cdo_rar_battery_firing.jpg _a2_cwr2_royal_marines_b.jpg _a2_cwr2_royal_marines_a.jpg

One request: can you please remove the (occasional) glasses by changing config.cpp line 585:

identityTypes[] = {"Language_BAF","Head_BAF","INS_Glasses"};

to

identityTypes[] = {"Language_BAF","Head_BAF","NoGlasses"};

William

I am wondering something with the mission Taking Command. How many people on the Opfor have to die for them to retreat? I'm actually having a difficult time with this mission, and looking at footage of the original, players are taking down far fewer men than the droves I'm seeing in this mission. Two BMPs and about five enemies and then they retreat.

I have just downloaded the CWR and other mods. I'm playing the CWR single missions and I dont get the sniper rifles in my loadout, or the support weapons like PK.

Anyone know why?

Likely because the mission gear selection does not include them and the mission design is intended to let you deal with the problem at hand with the tools provided or to encourage you to acquire items from battlefield salvage.

Regards,

Sander

Bad idea to make missions with following addon permutation?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154974-Any-Farsi-Speakers-in-the-House&p=2394871#post2394871

ACE

ACE_X

ACE_RU

ACE_USNAVY

CBA_(all)

MCC

_Possibly_

CWR2

Well, CWR² is not ACE2 compatible. It may work, but most probably will cause problems. CBA is no problem, MCC I can't tell.

I have just downloaded the CWR and other mods. I'm playing the CWR single missions and I dont get the sniper rifles in my loadout, or the support weapons like PK.

Anyone know why?

Because as Sander said, weapon selection depends on the mission designer. If weapon selection was not available in the original, it's not available in CWR² either. And there are no plans to change this.

On a side note, and really not important:

I have given the project lead to Max Power and I'm sure he will finish this thing.

I want to thank everyone who has donated his work, time and knowledge to this Mod. Thanks also to everyone who believed in us in the past years and even in the darkest days. Knowing you are awaiting this Mod so badly was always motivation enough to finish it somehow. I'm absolutely sure you will not be disappointed with the final Version which, hopefully is not far away.

For me it's time to move on to something else where I feel welcome. All the best to each of you, it was fun and a pleasure to be in this great community.

(Contact is imminent). God help us all.

Edited by Max Power

Congratulations, Max! :)

Good luck in the future, W0lle! It's sad to see you go, and thanks for everything you've done for CWR2 and the community!

I have given the project lead to Max Power and I'm sure he will finish this thing.

I want to thank everyone who has donated his work, time and knowledge to this Mod. Thanks also to everyone who believed in us in the past years and even in the darkest days. Knowing you are awaiting this Mod so badly was always motivation enough to finish it somehow. I'm absolutely sure you will not be disappointed with the final Version which, hopefully is not far away.

For me it's time to move on to something else where I feel welcome. All the best to each of you, it was fun and a pleasure to be in this great community.

Its sad to read these words. I’ve not been a member of this community for that long although an avid player of the series for quite a while.

I have however, read the forum here many times before joining and it is obviously clear to see you are an integral part of the whole makeup of this community, so to say your not welcome perhaps or feel as though your no longer welcome here, seems sad and is certainly not true.

Your commitment and work for the community over the past years has been of great benefit to the community and many members recognise that.

Many players have been given a whole new game on each release of certain mod/addons made by members of this community, of which you've been apart, so the thanks that should be given to you for that, which I give you from me here as a player, thank you, has been well earned.

Persuasion to stay has to be noted, therefore from someone that doesn't really know you, but knows of your work and can see your commitment, please reconsider and stay apart of the community here.

The community would be a poorer place without your talents and commitment..:(

Its sad to read these words.

I have however, read the forum here many times before joining and it is obviously clear to see you are an integral part of the whole makeup of this community, so to say your not welcome perhaps or feel as though your no longer welcome here, seems sad and is certainly not true.

Your commitment and work for the community over the past years has been of great benefit to the community and many members recognise that.

Persuasion to stay has to be noted, therefore from someone that doesn't really know you, but knows of your work and can see your commitment, please reconsider and stay apart of the community here.

The community would be a poorer place without your talents and commitment..:(

I'm not really sure of course because I don't know W0lle per say, but I didn't read in his post up there that he was leaving the community, just the CWR2 project.

Perhaps when he wrote "For me it's time to move on to something else where I feel welcome. All the best to each of you, it was fun and a pleasure to be in this great community." could have meant the CWR2 community?

Maybe he'll move on to other Arma projects? Of course I could be seriously wrong.

I don't think it's my place to expand on W0lle's statement, but I think I can say with absolute confidence that he has no quarrels with the CWR2 staff or the people who use it. I think he feels the same way that I do, that we owe a debt of gratitude to the people who support us, who report bugs, and even who just enjoy our work. He knows he is always welcome here by each one of our members. I took over as project leader reluctantly, and trust me, w0lle leaves a big hole and big shoes to fill.

Well, CWR² is not ACE2 compatible. It may work, but most probably will cause problems. CBA is no problem, MCC I can't tell.

The biggest issue ACE2 has from what I've tinkered about is it breaks a number of the earlier missions; when David Armstrong is with the FIA, waypoints and objectives will not work properly (the mission with taking the truck, for example) and some of the earlier missions with Robert Hammer also break because ACE conflicts with the values given to some of the tanks in CWR2 (The tanks you use for The Battle of Houdan all go down in single shots from explosives). You can fix these by using Shacktac Interact, but even so it's pretty spotty. It is indeed best to play without ACE unless you want to get headaches on some of these missions. It may add more realism to the title, but the way it overlaps with some changes made explicitly to causes conflicts. Sometimes CWR's damage system for how many rounds it takes to take down a vehicle are in effect, and for others ACE 2 takes priority. The latter can make some tasks three times harder, as it was never intended to be played that way.

I figure I'd expand on the concept of compatibility. You can try to play with it, but you will be getting a lot of strange tuggings between what CWR wants to do and what ACE changes of it.

Holy! Thank you for your major contribution to this mod and community. Wish you all the best and enjoyment in whatever you may end up doing. You will be missed!

W0lle no more whipping the leash and cracking CWR2 issues? Burnout or just found something that makes you happier spending your spare/free time with or did someone threaten your life because CWR2 'doesn't have this' and 'is not compatible with that'/'should be in A3 now!!' ?? Hope that you will have much or even more fun with your next adventures and projects! Thank you for working + pushing CWR2 into A2OA!! :)

W0lle, one last question: will CWR2 release red hammer?

;D

Seriously I can't thank you and the whole CWR2 team including the contributors enough!

I haven't touched arma3 since the CWR beta came out. I see no reason what so ever. What you have given me is the original feeling that made me spend the last 12 years screaming in frustration over "error missing ]".

Thank you, it meant everything for me!

w0lle, one last question: Will cwr2 release red hammer?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuu

:D

I'm not really sure of course because I don't know W0lle per say, but I didn't read in his post up there that he was leaving the community, just the CWR2 project.

Perhaps when he wrote "For me it's time to move on to something else where I feel welcome. All the best to each of you, it was fun and a pleasure to be in this great community." could have meant the CWR2 community?

Maybe he'll move on to other Arma projects? Of course I could be seriously wrong.

I was really referring to the 'sig' quote..

I just wanted to say, thank you W0lle for all your hard work and for all the time that you have given to this community. I would like to wish you all the best for the future. You will be missed. :(