thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

Good Sir, I do believe the items pack has passed its current limit of awesome. Much more and we will not be able to take it!

And if, in the event you are able to make guide-on's and have people carry them....sign me up!

OFF TOPIC: I wonder if you would be willing to do a video tutorial on how you make your amazing objects for the game. From start to finish, I think a video like that would really help a lot of people (including me). :)

Thanks for making all of these great objects. I'm inspired to get back into 3d modeling (I haven't done it since the days of Quake).

Chapple thanks man im hoping to release it soon. And feint that sounds like a good idea. I can put one together i guess but it will be a minute until i do. Until then, if you want, ill be glad to help anybody on a personal basis. This goes to anybody wanting to model regarding of skill level. Add me on steam crmthedog and ill be glad to help anybody, even if you are wanting to start modelling. Im by no means a pro and i still lack propler texture skill/knowledge, but i know the basics. Ill put something together though :)

No problem dude. With all this stuff, my God it's not just ArmA 3 but like a life simulator that has combat in it lol.

im thinking of getting a dialog working in game that lets you write and print out counseling statements. but you gotta conserve printer paper because of budget cuts, but when you print it never does the military flip print so you have to print it like 3 times. if 1st sgt catches you, you have to write a 10 page essay, print that, and watch him shred it. ill call this mod, ARMA 3: For real. and of course ill add mini games, like conex layouts, it will be so fun :D lmfao imagine... just imagine... but yeah, i love the fact that everything is coming together.

I behold in dispair for your mastery!:notworthy:

Cant wait for release

schaefer, just working out a few details but i think we are almost there :) need to model a wedding ring for bad Benson though, i think im going to propose to him in game soon XD

Now that's funny^^. Are you modelling in Oxygen only? If so, I may PM you some more O2 specific questions if you have a spare moment in the near future.

raptor i do all my 3d work in 3ds max. occasionally i will move things around in o2 but nothing serious. 3ds is just so much more user friendly, hard for me to cope with o2. but ill try to answer what i can if not pick up a copy of 3ds and fall in love.

EDIT: this ones for glowbal, was a pain in the ass to get the water crate working right but its in now. hope you guys plan on delivering some supplies to the area, hearts and minds? :)

water, mre's, empty, and closed cardboard crates.

2013040800008.jpg

Edited by Thedog88

CONEX MOUT training grounds, desk jockey driving a computer (AKA S-1), guys flying drones and shit....

And with CONEX's, as I once said in Ft. Pickett..."I didn't realize everybody in Afghanistan and Iraq lives in shipping containers..."

I already included some powerpoint presentations and counseling statements into screen backgrounds lol. For the conex site do you have some reference pics of the interior?

No, but I believe a friend of mine does. He did some time in training with the MOUT courses, so I believe he may. If not, I can just scrounge around for them.

i just cant remember what the hell those things looked like on the inside XD been a while since we used them. if you can find something i can look into putting something together

Yeah I know, they have many stacked and fused together, and usually have plywood and wooden floors for support or something. I'll try getting some pictures in.

You talking about the Connex Cities like in the NTA's on Bragg or FT Polk's JRTC? Or the CANS some people get downrange?

Not the crap from down range. Stateside training facilities.

So these are basically containers stacked together

to build house to house trainingcourses?

That would be a really nice addition!

I am sure Thedog can handle this and blew us away one more time:computer:

Yes, CONEX sites are used to train soldiers in MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain). Having something like this in A3 would be beneficial, not just for random DM's or combat but actual training.

i already have an idea on how to execute it, i just need some decent pics of interior etc. im not going to one of these sites until (possibly) fall, so if somebody can organize some that would be great. i figured i will make it similar to lego's... make it so that the parts can be used to build your own setups so you can make your own mout towns. so ill add several variants of containers and separate stair cases as well as railings and what not. it will probably be a while until i can actually pull it off though, but i like the idea myself so expect it to happen ;)