thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

Confirmed Working, However im trying to set the map to a custom map and this setObjectTexture [1,"map1.paa"]; is not working, Any idea's?

Thanks for this good work!

Re-downloading. You say there is a 3D editor. Are you talking about BI or user made? Because i've looked all over and it seems clear that BI said they won't be giving us a 3D editor. I see a headache trying to do this in a 2D editor. Bi doesn't like to make the buildings the right size or scale in the 2D. I'm not complaining, well, I am, about Bi, but not your addon. It's just I would love to use this stuff. It's perfect for what I do.

I see there is a zgm editor I havent' tried yet.

youtube arma 3 3d editor. there are a few videos on how to access it but it seems pretty incomplete. other than that, the icons should be decent to use. i fixed the ones that were too big as well (i hope they all are fixed). i know its a pain in the ass :( i hope they come out with a decent 3d editor.

Confirmed Working, However im trying to set the map to a custom map and this setObjectTexture [1,"map1.paa"]; is not working, Any idea's?

Thanks for this good work!

the setobjecttexture is not implemented. i have to figure out how to do all that and then ill see how things go. hopefully ill be able to figure it out.

I wonder if there's a way to implement render to texture for the screens, maybe using the modules built into the editor. I have no idea if this is possible, but it would be pretty cool to view ongoing missions from the point of view of the soldiers from a home base. Again, no idea if this is even possible with render to texture, but it would be cool to investigate.

thats what i was thinking as well. imagine having an actual command element back at base being able to switch through helo gun cams, uav cams, soldier cams. able to tap into the communications and relay as needed. you could pretty much run an actual TOC in the game if that is possible.

Thedog88 you might find this useful. basically has all you need to set up hiddenselections and setobjecttexture capability. if you have more questions feel free to PM me. great objects looking forward for more. keep it up!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93033-Hidden-Selections&p=1533209&viewfull=1#post1533209

sweet thanks dude ill look into it :)

EDIT: good news, figured out the geometry lod thanks to my good friend nubs. next release will feature solid shapes meaning you can shoot them and cant run through them anymore. also a few more items are coming to the next release and im hoping to brush up some of the textures. im still looking into the hidden texture thing but it will be a minute until i can seriously sit down and figure it out. :) stay tuned

Edited by Thedog88

Tried the fixed version,they look great.I've setup quite a nice office with a bunch of pcs,laptops and misc stuff on the tables like the files and the smartphone.Btw the predator wreck would work nicely with some infiltration missions.I hope you'll also manage to make some of them carryable in the future versions.

As a side note BI should really make a full 3d editor because it's pretty difficult to set them with the current editor.I usually manage to get them in the position on the tables I want in about 10-15 tries.

Tried the fixed version,they look great.I've setup quite a nice office with a bunch of pcs,laptops and misc stuff on the tables like the files and the smartphone.Btw the predator wreck would work nicely with some infiltration missions.I hope you'll also manage to make some of them carryable in the future versions.

As a side note BI should really make a full 3d editor because it's pretty difficult to set them with the current editor.I usually manage to get them in the position on the tables I want in about 10-15 tries.

One of the things I like about the icon used for the Nimitz is that there are numbers on the icon indicating the z height of the deck. That would be useful for things like tables to save people time trying to set objects on top of them.

thanks man, would be nice to see some screenshots or if you make a mission using the mod i'd love to give it a play :) i can actually make some objects carry-able which i am planning to do eventually, but for now ill keep them as place-able objects to keep things simple on my end. i figured the predator wreck would give people some cool mission options >> intel extract? :P hope you like it, the scale might be a bit off on it though. and i agree, the current 3d editor seems to be too broken lol couldnt get anything working in it^^

EDIT:

Feint im looking into a better icon for my objects. do you happen to have a screenshot of what you are talking about? i was thinking a simple dot or X would be good enough seeing how things can get cluttered quickly, especially working with multiple smaller objects in one spot.

EDIT 2:

so had to post this. made something that most military guys will appreciate^^ how can arma be realistic if it doesnt put you through the struggle of putting your friggin cot together back at base XD how many times have you pinched your fingers in the end poles? how many times have you rolled around trying to sleep on this thing lmfao anyways heres a wip screen, enjoy.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/391/cotw.png (459 kB)

Edited by Thedog88

what type of flags did you have in mind? im not sure how to make flags that wave in the wind but i could make simple static flags or signs for that matter?

what type of flags did you have in mind? im not sure how to make flags that wave in the wind but i could make simple static flags or signs for that matter?

You can look at arma 1 mlods - in Misc there is vlajkstozar.p3d model - which is the flag pole with the flag proxy and for waving - it is using a special .rtm file in arma1

You can look at arma 1 mlods - in Misc there is vlajkstozar.p3d model - which is the flag pole with the flag proxy and for waving - it is using a special .rtm file in arma1

thank you much good sir, ill look into it

here is a sneak peak of whats in the next release. these are very very basic, no wind waving or nothing like that but they do what they are designed to do. im not a pvp kind of guy and generally dislike it but the community asked for flags and.. welll... i try to deliver. im sure these will be replaced with better ones eventually, hope you like the samurai style they have rather than conventional flags, anyways, enjoy :)

so this week i was contacted by an amazing addon maker (mr bad benson himself ;) ) wanting to add something to the community through my object pack. some people requested it specifically and he made it happen. while i provided the models he did all of the coding. well see for yourself what he pulled off

what you see here is simple. on the left a screen that displays up to 4 cameras that will be attached to soldiers and vehicles. this provides live video feed from ground troops on front lines. on the right, you see a live feed of a surveillance camera that scans left to right. so you will be able to setup a security system and maybe use it for pvp or hell anything you want.

also the displays will feature (as of now) 16 different screen backdrops that will be random. you can also turn the monitors on and off and it also features a light to illuminate the room a bit at night ;) this man has been hard at work and i can not express how thank full i am. here a screeny of the different monitor textures (included some of the community pages like armaholic and ofpec as a special thanks). also included is arma 3, so we can play arma 3 in arma 3 while we play arma 3 XD

2013032700003.jpg

of course, more objects will be featured including flags for ctf, mre boxes, military cot (field bed), notepad and some more :)

i hope you enjoy using this as much as we are enjoying creating it. expected release will be this weekend :)

Thedog, the live screen renders are amazing... it deserves its own mod!

Would it be possible to get those render to image's full screen, so you could perhaps approach a terminal and have a sorta view of all your units taking up your entire view. Would be really cool for remote commanding and the like. This is a huge step forward, one of the more exciting things I've seen yet.

Thanks to the both of you. Regarding the mod, im aware that the screens by themselfs would be a good mod alone but im also hoping to make my pack somwhat relevant. With a feature like this im hoping more people will use my addon regularly which allows me to make more and more content that will be oommonly used. It would be possible to make it full screen, im sure, however if you have 2 or 3 screens in a command center it would be easier just to watch it as is. Ill see if benson is up to maybe add that feature to where you can walk up to a screen and can fullscreen it. Idk kinda cool i guess. Looking forward to dlin more work with him :)

SRU Clan will be using these mods in almost every operation, Will hopefully have a "command room" with these screens while having real time updates great work!

Im glad to hear that. Ill be glad to see some video footage or screens once this is released. Bad benson is also setting it up to be very user friendly if imnot mistaking. Looking forward to release :)

another quick wip >>> weapon rack actually used by the army. this rack will serve as a weapons box in the game so you can actually store your weapons in this (the weapons in the rack wont reflect whats in the box though). still working on getting this in game ;)

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/117/racking.png (146 kB)

EDIT: got them in game, we use these weapon racks in the us army (probably us military in general) now we can make legit arms rooms with these. also im aware the textures are a bit light. this weekend i will sit down and look into textures more to get the colors right and also add shadows etc. that will be the next release however.

2013032800001.jpg

Edited by Thedog88

Good stuff you are making here! :)

Keep it up!