Sign in to follow this  
Serged

Will Arma 3 replace Arma 2?

Yes, It probably will. Since Arma 3 has more features such as gravity engine, new gun sounds, clothes and attachments, It has a high chance of replacing it. But there is no answer to this question anyway, servers on arma 2 will be still up despite the new generation of the military sim. But, gradualy throughout over the years, Arma 2 MP will slowly disapear forever.....However, since Craig has warmed up the DayZ community that Arma 3 is way better than their standalone one coming out soon, there is a very high chance that all the domination, life, and default MP game modes will disapear from the game because every server will be DayZ like in OA.:lurk: :16_6_8: :pray:

"WE ARE DOOMED!"

Edited by Ranwer

Nonsense! Most Dayz players would never play arma if there were no dayz, and most Domination players would die from boredom in DAYZ. Hell i played a lot of dayz before i found out ACE and domination. Now? I just see the word DAYZ and i get bored to tears. :)

I have no idea why arma3 has such a stupid storyline in a part of the world which right now is very interesting!

ArmA3 is to damned expensive!

ArmA3 is to damned expensive!

It is not about price. I own one steam copy of A3, And i still rather play A2 cause A2 is simply better in all aspects, except graphics and some minor details that i can live without,than A3.

I believe that arma 3 will catch up with Arma 2 eventualy and it will be better game than Arma 2 is today, but that time is in my opinion still far in the future.

It is not about price. I own one steam copy of A3, And i still rather play A2 cause A2 is simply better in all aspects, except graphics and some minor details that i can live without,than A3.

I believe that arma 3 will catch up with Arma 2 eventualy and it will be better game than Arma 2 is today, but that time is in my opinion still far in the future.

Agree. I tinker with A3 rarely. Honestly, the only thing A3 has on A2 ATM are the infantry animations, the ability to customize your uniform to your liking and the graphical upgrade. I think A2 has more content (mainly because its been out for coming up on 5 years) plus it's based on modern day tech. Not a fan of the futuristic setting (even though most of the stuff is current day tech changed a little bit and then renamed) and is just more enjoyable to play

I know mod makers enjoy certain parts of A3, like not having to make 8928490214 weapon models, all they need to do is make a few and with the interchangable attachments its easier to create a vast combination of weapons, though I don't like you can't have a foregrip, laser and flashlight anymore like in A2

Maybe my opinion will change in the future when there are more mods that appeal to me. Right now there are only a select few

What do you think it's worth? I got thousands of hours worth of entertainment from A2 for about $60 from memory.

My interest in the series was beginning to wane a little, testing had become more of a pastime than playing, which isn’t too bad because I love testing what can happen when things are mixed up a little.

But on the whole I was loosing interest quite quickly, especially when the group I played in called it a day at the end of 2012, we started playing this series a couple of months after Arma (first arma, not ofp) was released. It was all about the editor and making our own campaigns, mostly ongoing type campaigns, we were a war gaming group prior to this series, for many years. Still, as said, the group stopped playing and I started testing more again.

Then around August of last year I was lucky to be asked to test a mod that completely remade the wheel, A2 wise. This has reignited my interest in playing more and testing less, which is great because I was sort of played out a little, with A2.

Part of my old group reformed and started playing, all down to this new mod, so that’s even better.

Now the mod to which I refer, in my sig, is only available for A2 at present, its been developed by a serious war gaming group, similar to our group at its peak. Indeed they are playing the same mission/campaign type ‘Open World Ongoing’ that we played. The mod has been designed for that specifically, which is a real bonus for myself and players who play that type of game.

So, there will be no chance of me playing A3 seriously anytime soon, its A2 (KAI) all the way.

All that said, A2 is a better game anyway, with or without the mod I play with. A3 is purely a game, A2 with its mod/addons is a game with a very heavy leaning towards simulator, that's a totally different beast and cannot be said about A3, unfortunately.

It may change later, in a year or two, or something else might appear on the horizon that takes its place, who knows, until then, A2 is the best of its type available. Certainly for those that are more interested in realistic game-play, imo.

I don't own ArmA 3 yet, but I saw some vídeos and the game isn't so cool as ArmA 2. The weapon variety is poor, same thing for vehicles and the stuff in overall. But the game will increase soon. The mod developer community is working in new stuff to the game. They are creating the huge variety again.

But from now ArmA 2 is better for Mil Sim. With ACE 2, it is really a military simulator. And the mod variety is bigger also.

But the ArmA 3 community and mod variety is growing. They have Workshop on Steam, and it is very estimulating to mod developers.

Bohemia must need to add Workshop for ArmA 2 too. Why not?

But the ArmA 3 community and mod variety is growing. They have Workshop on Steam, and it is very estimulating to mod developers.

Bohemia must need to add Workshop for ArmA 2 too. Why not?

Nope, no mod on workshop atm.

Nonsense! Most Dayz players would never play arma if there were no dayz, and most Domination players would die from boredom in DAYZ. Hell i played a lot of dayz before i found out ACE and domination. Now? I just see the word DAYZ and i get bored to tears. :)

Where do you find domination servers? I only see a few out of seven thousands of DayZ servers.

Nope, no mod on workshop atm.

Maps, at least?

But I want Workshop for ArmA 2 too. For missions, campaigns and stuff like it.

I think it'll definitely end up passing A2 and sooner than most think. The A3 campaign (I ran out of bandwidth, decided to play it more in a "what the hell, it can't get worse than the warfare stuff in HR" type mood out of boredom) is probably the best BI made campaign since Resistance, so far. I'm playing part 2, where you're naturally fighting a guerrilla war (but not SF style. Tis pretty well done with how they've set it up) and the little things have been attended to and really pop out, like the fact that if you go out on a patrol or raid, load your vehicle up with equipment and proceed to drive back to base, all the weapons/ammo/etc. from your vehicles inventory gets removed and placed into an appropriate ammobox for you to use as supplies from there on out. More than just the assigned missions, having the ability to go on patrol helps you directly influence what happens far more than previously. If you bring back a bunch of RPG rounds then giving them to your AT AI at the start of a mission might be what saves your bacon when armor catches you off guard on a primary mission, etc.

BI duplicated too much content, yes, but setting that aside they've made something that seems far more manageable and less bloated, and they are still adding to it. Another 6-12 months and it'll surpass what A2 was at it's height, and when we get V4 that'll be expedited. Plus, on full release A3 was absolutely nothing like the bloated bug-infested pile of dung that A2 was for those first few months. :P

Where do you find domination servers? I only see a few out of seven thousands of DayZ servers.

Yes the ammount of Dayz and Wasteland servers is terrifying and sometimes it pisses me off. But fortunatelly for me, in "Play with Six" You can filter by gamemode, and mission. So i allways put "COOP" in game mode filter "domi" in mission filter and "ACE" in server filter. Then always 6-9 serwers pops up.

Nice ACE servers i can recall right now: =DDZ=; -BC- Bravo company; Fly-German.de; Task Force-47; Wrecking Crew; Some of them are switching between "Domination and Insurgency" so they dont play Domi all the time, but they are nice servers with no lag, and nice people on them.

Eventually ArmA2 and 3 will be one... if everything gets ported over and all the issues are ironed out.

I've done 12 years without and that ain't gonna change. For me Armaholic is sufficient.

The developers will work a lot more to create stuff

I hope you are right with that statement of yours.

I get a lot, around 75%, from Armaholic, also some from Armed Assault. There are a number of other places to find good mod/addons for the series, just a google search.

Armaholic will certainly remain the mainstay of most players for their downloads, its quick reliable and organised. When you have all that going for you, your bound to be popular, and AH is.

It will probably remain first call for mod/addons for most players.

I get a lot, around 75%, from Armaholic, also some from Armed Assault. There are a number of other places to find good mod/addons for the series, just a google search.

Armaholic will certainly remain the mainstay of most players for their downloads, its quick reliable and organised. When you have all that going for you, your bound to be popular, and AH is.

Yeah, you're right.

But I keep dreaming with a Workshop hehe.

But Armaholic is simply amazing. The content is great and we can find everything we want.

I think the amount of addons and mods for OFP was huge, the later ones were really high quality , however it will be a long time until arma2 matches that variety, and even longer for arma3 to have enough custom content and all the problems ironed out.

I have an idea, instead of making a game engine with a greater graphics content, why not just make a version of OFP (same type of graphics) but much larger islands...

I have to say my first experience with the steam workshop was a bad one, I wanted to rage quit but the mission was only available there... I never want to use it again though, agree with you regarding Armaholic although the site is sluggish and heavy on scripts and imagery, not so friendly on devices, I'm not wanting a mobile version as such but a cleaner layout would be good, especially when browsing the downloads.

Currently im more liking Play with 6, it's more of an all rounder where I can manage everything at once on the same program, very easy :)