shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

MCC has had an issue for us lately where we cannot respawn on our FOB. Any reason for this? I set up the HQ and then the FOB and mid mission some people cannot respawn on the FOB. Screen goes black and clicking deploy does nothing.

Is there a way to save the default mission settings or a file I can modify?

http://i.imgur.com/0KJspEH.jpg

Using the save/load mcc configuration doesn't seem to save the mission settings. Nor does the Save All (sqm) or Save MCC (sqm) options.

You can either use the editor module within Arma 3 2D editor or you can edit the init file within the .pbo itself as described at the end of the OP of this thread.

2 issues. One, when i hijack an NPC and die as that NPC during multiplayer or singleplayer the game ends with a mission failed, whereas in earlier releases of this mod, it would just switch me back to the original player unit as opposed to ending the game. The second issue is that when i am spawning units using MCC from a very far distance they only show up when i am very close to where they were supposed to spawn, again, this was not the case in earlier releases.

I've got some problems with using the DELETE function in MCC. Using said function in mp on my dedi causes the server to freeze up. It doesn't actually crash, nor does it give me any errors but all the players are stuck in place and I have to manually kill the process and reboot the server to regain control.

Thx.

I think I know what is the problem I'll try to fix it for next release.

I'm just starting with GAIA and I'm sorry if it was asked before, but a I did search and though apparently it was asked, there was apparently no answer from the devs. So the question is, if I spawn units using my own scripts, and handle them to GAIA, do I have to remove their bodies or does MCC take care of that too? I think it's the later, so here's a follow up question: Will me deleting a dead unit produce any kind of conflict with GAIA?

GAIA does not handling dead bodies – so you shouldn't have any problem. I wouldn't recommend putting any delete script as ArmA 3 engine have a built in delete function sets in the description file:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#corpseManagerMode

Im not sure if it has been covered. But are there any MCC Templates pack for the All In Arma Terrain Pack and Bornholm that I can use to upload to my dedicated server to run missions for?

I know there are some on steam but they are really difficult to get them onto a dedicated server.

The mod comes with templates to all AiA maps and you can create as many templates as you want.

Somebody can tell me why when ever I'm placing a unit (A bunch of soliders) and adding an holding command (Telling them to hold their positon in that spot), after I restart the server and loading the mission the AI getting a new move command without me assigning those commands how can I make them maintain their position and how to stop the units from auto assigning their moving positions.

Are you loading from sqm file or MCC save to profile?

MCC has had an issue for us lately where we cannot respawn on our FOB. Any reason for this? I set up the HQ and then the FOB and mid mission some people cannot respawn on the FOB. Screen goes black and clicking deploy does nothing.

Do you get a message at the bottom? The reason for not being able to respawn on FOB are this:

1. No good position found – narrow It down in the next update to reduce the chance for this happen.

2. Enemy units are close to the FOB – you'll get the "Base overrun".

3. The player become renegade – no base or FOB will be shown.

2 issues. One, when i hijack an NPC and die as that NPC during multiplayer or singleplayer the game ends with a mission failed, whereas in earlier releases of this mod, it would just switch me back to the original player unit as opposed to ending the game. The second issue is that when i am spawning units using MCC from a very far distance they only show up when i am very close to where they were supposed to spawn, again, this was not the case in earlier releases.

Regarding hijack I'll check it out.

Regarding AI not shows until you are close this is cache behavior – uncheck the cache option in the spawn menu.

I'm loading from MCC save to profile, if you could make the unit commands savable to "Save to profile" option it could be great.

I have this annoying problem with MCC. I'm building a base for my upcoming unit, and I like to build things using Zeus and MCC. But when I place modules or write init lines for placed units/objects using the ArmA editor, then preview it, place some more objects with Zeus/MCC and save as sqm, all the modules and init lines are gone when I load the mission using the editor. This means that with every update of the map I have to rewrite all the init lines and place the modules all over again.

Is it meant to do that? Is there a way to maintain these modules and init lines?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm not going to read 326 pages :D

I have this annoying problem with MCC. I'm building a base for my upcoming unit, and I like to build things using Zeus and MCC. But when I place modules or write init lines for placed units/objects using the ArmA editor, then preview it, place some more objects with Zeus/MCC and save as sqm, all the modules and init lines are gone when I load the mission using the editor. This means that with every update of the map I have to rewrite all the init lines and place the modules all over again.

Is it meant to do that? Is there a way to maintain these modules and init lines?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm not going to read 326 pages :D

You can save the buildings you made and the other things in 2 separate missions, then merge them together. "Merging" is a default option in the editor and hence the name, combines two mission together.

"Regarding AI not shows until you are close this is cache behavior – uncheck the cache option in the spawn menu."

The cache option in the spawn menu is already unchecked. No matter how many times i check it and uncheck it again the units still will not spawn unless i am near them

Poll: What would you like to see more from MCC?

Do not have the option I want, lol.

I wanted the MCC exporting to multiplayer mission PBO. :j:

"Regarding AI not shows until you are close this is cache behavior – uncheck the cache option in the spawn menu."

The cache option in the spawn menu is already unchecked. No matter how many times i check it and uncheck it again the units still will not spawn unless i am near them

Can confirm this. Setting cache distance always on 12km to avoid that. Its a small bug but pretty irritating

Is there an easy way to make a hostage/prisoner situation on the fly with MCC? I see the units have an option to set as: 'hostage' when you place them down, but is there any functionality tied up to that command other than the civs putting their hands on their heads?

Can you have units surrender when a certain percentage of units in a zone is killed? Or make a hostage follow a player to i.e an evac vehicle?

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

Well since MCC mechanics changes the way players interact with the game it IMO should be admin/mission maker choice as it will lead to un-eaven gameplay to all players.

So default it to on? If a player doesn't like the cover system they shouldn't be forced to use it. Essentially the only way for me to not use the cover system while everyone else likes to use it is to quit the communities I play with and find new ones that don't use MCC.

Unless you're saying that the player who does not use the cover system has an advantage...

I think I know what is the problem I'll try to fix it for next release.

Many thanks.

On another note, how would I go about lowering the AI accuracy with MCC?

Browsing through the forums here seems to indicate it should adjust based upon the server profile settings. This however does not seem to be the case and using the in-game MCC settings option doesn't seem to have any effect on the AI either.

The ai flat out devastates my friends and I, getting consistently 1 hit killed by enemies from half a click away while in cover is not good for morale.

I've also thrown VCOMAI at the problem but this does not seem to help for MCC. Running normal pre spawned enemy missions with mcc running in the background results in AI following the profile settings. Spawning units with MCC in any way, like the mission generator creates walking terminators.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing with the mission version of MCC. I've literally tried setting the AI accuracy to 0.01 in vcomai, server.profile and the mcc mission init, but we still get 1hk from insane ranges.

I've been hammering at this problem for the last few days but have so far run blank.

Some help on the problem would be much appreciated.

My server.profile: http://pastebin.com/WbKkwHdt

With that profile the AI should be pretty horrid, and it is in anything but MCC.

Edit*

I came across this excellent solution from JayNic.

Bit baffled about the lack of documentation regarding these profile changes from Bohemia but at this point I'm just glad to have found something that works.

Edited by NedStar
Solved.

I've got an Addon that I'm trying to use in MCC but it's not showing up under "Empty". If I close out MMC & go right back into the editor side under "Empty" it's there and works but, it's kind of hard to line up everything like it needs to be. MCC is way much better for this.

Anyone know how I can get this Addon to show up in MCC ?

Thanks

I am also experiencing this issue with MCC i have narrowed down what is causing it as i have been able to continue editing however having to remove this code isn't elegant or time effective. this is what causes the crash any help on this i would be greatly appreciative of as this is slowing my workflow dramatically.

EDIT:All i can work out is it seems to be some kinda conflict between MCC and CSE sadly my coding knowledge is limited to a very casual level so anyone with more experience/Knowledge have at it

class Sensors   
   {             
       items= 4;
       class Item0
       {
            position[]={0,-0.000207216,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="if ((cba_events_keypressed + 10) < time) then { call cba_events_fnc_attach_handler }";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item1
       {
            position[]={0,-0.00176365,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="call cba_common_fnc_monitorFrameRender";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item2
       {
            position[]={0,-0.00905586,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="
{
_activated = false;
if !([_x] call cse_fnc_checkIEDActivated_IEDS) then {
{
if ([_x] call cse_fnc_checkIEDActivated_IEDS) exitwith { _activated = true;};
}foreach (_x getvariable ['cse_iedCollection', []]);
} else {
_activated = true;
};
if (_activated) exitwith {
CSE_MASTER_IED_COLLECTION deleteAt _foreachIndex;
};
false;
}count CSE_MASTER_IED_COLLECTION;

false;";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item3
       {
            position[]={0,-0.0217601,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="
{
_activated = false;
if ([_X] call cse_fnc_checkPressurePlateActivated_IEDS) then {
_activated = true;
[_x] call cse_fnc_onIEDActivated_IEDS;
};
if (_activated || isNull _x) exitwith {
CSE_PLAYER_PLACED_PRESSURE_IEDS_IEDS deleteAt _foreachIndex;
};
false;
}count CSE_PLAYER_PLACED_PRESSURE_IEDS_IEDS;
";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
   };       

Shay_gman is this going to be fixed in a future update? Because if its the code listed up above then it needs to be removed some how, if its more complicated then that please let us know. Because this halts missions making for people that use MCC and Zeus to create maps. Not much is being said about this error. Thanks.

I'm loading from MCC save to profile, if you could make the unit commands savable to "Save to profile" option it could be great.

Thanks i'll check it out.

You probably using either the create button and not spawn to zone option or you are using the mission wizard, so it is a known bug that by default the units caced- will be fixed in next update.

Poll: What would you like to see more from MCC?

Do not have the option I want, lol.

I wanted the MCC exporting to multiplayer mission PBO. :j:

I would love this too but I don't have knowledge about 3rd party programing and I will need some to take the output text and make it a file and PBO it.

If someone have some knowledge regarding 3d party programs that can take a txt and save it into a file that can be great.

Is there an easy way to make a hostage/prisoner situation on the fly with MCC? I see the units have an option to set as: 'hostage' when you place them down, but is there any functionality tied up to that command other than the civs putting their hands on their heads?

Can you have units surrender when a certain percentage of units in a zone is killed? Or make a hostage follow a player to i.e an evac vehicle?

Yes you can interact with the hostage, handcuff him and order him around using the interaction option.

Check the video:

So default it to on? If a player doesn't like the cover system they shouldn't be forced to use it. Essentially the only way for me to not use the cover system while everyone else likes to use it is to quit the communities I play with and find new ones that don't use MCC.

Unless you're saying that the player who does not use the cover system has an advantage...

Well yes but you can get it even further as if the community want to use ACER and you don't like it then you have to leave the community. Cover and vaulting isn't a client side thing it gives unproportional advantage to one side.

Although I don't mind adding client side button to shut it down if you don't like it and it is running but as an idea it is not a client side feature.

I came across this excellent solution from JayNic.

Bit baffled about the lack of documentation regarding these profile changes from Bohemia but at this point I'm just glad to have found something that works.

Glad you have sorted it up.

I've got an Addon that I'm trying to use in MCC but it's not showing up under "Empty". If I close out MMC & go right back into the editor side under "Empty" it's there and works but, it's kind of hard to line up everything like it needs to be. MCC is way much better for this.

Anyone know how I can get this Addon to show up in MCC ?

Thanks

What addon?

Shay_gman is this going to be fixed in a future update? Because if its the code listed up above then it needs to be removed some how, if its more complicated then that please let us know. Because this halts missions making for people that use MCC and Zeus to create maps. Not much is being said about this error. Thanks.

It is not something that is going to be fixed as there is a limitation to how much you can save in a text file regarding syntax. As now MCC saves all the objects, triggers exc as big chunk of a text file and without a 3d party program it is the best I can do. But you can edit the SQM file manually to fix the syntax in this case I think that you need to delete the empty spaces in the trigger condition.

Well yes but you can get it even further as if the community want to use ACER and you don't like it then you have to leave the community. Cover and vaulting isn't a client side thing it gives unproportional advantage to one side.

Although I don't mind adding client side button to shut it down if you don't like it and it is running but as an idea it is not a client side feature.

This would be excellent. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying and the cover system is a great feature, it just seems to get in the way for me. I actually like the vaulting (wish I could re-bind it though), but I don't need the cover system (it makes me lean out when I don't mean to) or the weapon resting (I prefer CSE and AGM's method of weapon resting, and the communities I play with all run one or the other)

Thank you for discussing this with me.

Im having an issue with MCC4 for some reason the access rights doesnt work if i:

Set the UID, Sync to a spot, or add names in the init.

Also, sometimes MCC replicates itself in the action menu causing it to show a bunch of times. is that a bug because thats pretty damn annoying.

Hi All,

Is there a way to export the "Reinforcement - Fast Rope" script to use within the Editor? Or is this only done via MCC menu?

Thank you.

Im actually experiencing the same issue ive looked all through the code but im unable to pin point the cause. This issue has also halted all mission making as stated in other posts. I was hoping you could tell me when we could expect an update from MCC to fix these issues. thank you

"The biggest issue im having is when you click save all SQM (after hours of 3D editing) and then go to the mission SQM and delete all and replace with the copy saved in game using MCC and try to restart the map the new SQM saved to that folder is now corrupt and the map crashes before it even starts."

Edited by 2ndSFG

I absolutely love MCC, but i notice a drop in fps when i load this mod. When i load an empty stratis with just me and my helicopter in the editor it drops fps down to 52 where i get about 68 fps without the mod on. Do you guys experience the same thing? What part of MCC would be responsicble for the performance hit? The new GAIA system, even when there are no AIs being loaded?

By the way, is there anyway to enable Zeus mode in any mission/scenario i play (thats what i use MCC for in singleplayer mostly)?

Have a nice weekend,

Xon2

Edited by Xon2

MCC Sandbox when saved to SQM used to put in the "this setpos" which was so handy for example i sunk walls into the ground or certain objects like the concrete pier for making foundations however it doesnt do this anymore

Just wondered firstly is there an old version availible that does do this (stopped working in the last 3 releases)... or any chance this could be put back into mcc ?

Got a lot of good gun mods installed - and just started using the MCC4 armoury screen to load my selected choice of weapons in SP games - but I got a problem with magazines - the SCAR I like when I select it in the MCC armoury comes with 3 mags but how can I add more in the MCC? and also I sometimes take a LAW launcher but this does not appear to come with any ammo! - again how can I add magazine when I select this one (I also had a go at spawning ammo boxes but because I have so many gun mods not sure which ammo box goes with which weapon) any assistance is appreciated!