shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi,

"you have safely crash landed, but your chopper is destroyed. Since you survived your respawn time will be shorter and there will be no penalty." This messege is not from MCC I can assure you that.

Can you give me more info? Are you using MCC restricted zones module?

Hello Shay, Thank you for the response.

The error was totally on BI's side When you use the new Ground Support module to create a heli style support mission, It does not allow you to get out of the choppers or touch boots on the ground outside of your Air Base. Next time I will ensure that my inquiry actually has something to do with MCC :p

Thanks for your time

Hi, MCC Sandbox is not giving out the setPos when i press save MCC or save ALL

Has this feature been taken out Shay ?

Hello everyone on BIS forums and thanks to the creator of this mod for making it possible to make missions with ease for those who are new to it (like me).

I'm currently making an MP mission for me and my friends to play and it involves some nice furnished interiors. However, when saving my mission to profile in MCC and then loading it back in next time I wish to edit, this happens to almost all of my small objects placed on surfaces: h ttp://i.imgur.com/ngah1te.png (can't even post links yet ffs)

All of the objects shown here have simulation disabled.

Is there any way to fix this other than manually adjusting positions of all objects whenever you load the mission?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread — I couldn't really find a support/throubleshooting thread for MCC.

Thanks.

I'll check the setpos issue on loading items.

Will MCC ever include enemy AI respawn function?

As answered it does you can either right clikc on a group icon and set the ammount of respawns or multi-select some groups and set the respawn number under the create zone button.

Again:

check out the Wiki site and help us expend it:

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MCCSandbox_Wiki

Guys, that big "Camera" button on top of MCC now only starts BIs Splendid Camera. But before it was bound to a communities cam script, which had some nice features. What I'm missing is now all the different following modes...

Have you removed the cam script?

Yes the spectator secript was removed as part of the MANO contest - although Ollem did some great work on it we couldn't get the original creator response (Kegetys) so it is removed for the entry.

Wana throw this out there....

Possibly if someone could confirm this has happened on their end,i can narrow the problem down.

This issue is rare but has happened three times this last 2 weeks,and as far back as last mcc update.But may be unrelated to mcc.

Issue is that whenever my character picks up a weapon from having none equipped,and later takes damage and heals,the healing sound effects loop constantly,and MCC is not present in the scroll wheel.

This happened in singleplayer.

Ihave been trying to reproduce,and once i did replicate it,it was the third time issue occured.

My theory is that it could be SAMO mod which adds commands to scroll wheel aslo.However at that time of issue,i was not squad leader,so SAMO wasnt "on"

I highly doubt it is MCC as it doesn't have any healing stuff in it.

Hi, MCC Sandbox is not giving out the setPos when i press save MCC or save ALL

Has this feature been taken out Shay ?

Not been taking off probably broken in some of the updates i'll fix it ASAP

first Thank you for this great mod!!

i noticed that the ai gunners of a evac helicopter don't return to enemy fire... is this feature in the mod and do i have to turn it on? or...

Could you plese make it so that it can update automatically every "Air" asset that comes out with mods to it get in the Air support module,please?

If there is some way to check Air in mods.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Could you make some Air Defence Systems incorporated into the MCC?

Swedish Mod has pre-made Hawk,RBS-70 and perhapps even Giraff mobile radar systems from A2.

RKLS has an Rapier Sam System without any scripts to it,waiting to be up-dated t A3.

Maybe they can help.There are Phalinx/Goalkeeper "R2D2" Gun (no working scripts) and someone with a Mantis AA Gun.

They don`t seem to get them working or relesing them any time soon.They just might be interrested in a joint effort to make a system just perfect for the community.

This may just make it worth playing if we can have a No-go area,that SF must take-out before the invasion-if yuo can make this combatible with Alive mod and get the script going for the Phalinx Gun (I have allready tested it in game,it can be placed,but not working),this might be very effective adding to realism.

Yes the spectator secript was removed as part of the MANO contest - although Ollem did some great work on it we couldn't get the original creator response (Kegetys) so it is removed for the entry.

Oh, that's bad.

Hi.I've searched this thread and although it is discussed before "access rights" I have another kind of a problem with it. I've tried all possible methods as Shaygman tells here

"You can limit access by placing the "Access module" in your mission.

- If it placed and not synced to any unit – only admin will have MCC access.

- If it placed and synced to units – only this units will have MCC access.

- If it placed and "this setvariable ["names", ["012347","01457687"]]" placed in the init line of the module only players with the UID same as the numbers in the array will have MCC access"

but while we are playing on our dedicated server other players can control mcc after they respawn?!?!?

we use Alive Agm TaskForce and 2 HLC WeaponsPack Mods on our mission.

Edited by DenzelW

Hey shay, i love using MCC, it makes managing large Coops very easy, especially if something messes up. However recently we have removed the mod from our repo as several features were added that we had no interest in using, and the whole C shout thing was pretty nasty(We didn't update for a while).

I was told that if we were ever going to re add MCC, it would have to be heavily modified as the newest versions have added things like its own medical system, keybinds, survival elements among other things that we don't want.

My question is there a plan to make a lite version or even how hardcoded is all the elements, could they easily be removed. And of course your permission to do so.

Hey shay, i love using MCC, it makes managing large Coops very easy, especially if something messes up. However recently we have removed the mod from our repo as several features were added that we had no interest in using, and the whole C shout thing was pretty nasty(We didn't update for a while).

I was told that if we were ever going to re add MCC, it would have to be heavily modified as the newest versions have added things like its own medical system, keybinds, survival elements among other things that we don't want.

My question is there a plan to make a lite version or even how hardcoded is all the elements, could they easily be removed. And of course your permission to do so.

well I don't know if you guys have tried using the modules but you can turn off almost all of those additional things :) And also during the mission through mission settings at the right top corner you can turn off a lot of things.

first Thank you for this great mod!!

i noticed that the ai gunners of a evac helicopter don't return to enemy fire... is this feature in the mod and do i have to turn it on? or...

They should engage but since they are in different group then the helicopter pilot they will engage only if they have the chance as the pilot will continue with his evac task.

Could you plese make it so that it can update automatically every "Air" asset that comes out with mods to it get in the Air support module,please?

If there is some way to check Air in mods.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Could you make some Air Defence Systems incorporated into the MCC?

Swedish Mod has pre-made Hawk,RBS-70 and perhapps even Giraff mobile radar systems from A2.

RKLS has an Rapier Sam System without any scripts to it,waiting to be up-dated t A3.

Maybe they can help.There are Phalinx/Goalkeeper "R2D2" Gun (no working scripts) and someone with a Mantis AA Gun.

They don`t seem to get them working or relesing them any time soon.They just might be interrested in a joint effort to make a system just perfect for the community.

This may just make it worth playing if we can have a No-go area,that SF must take-out before the invasion-if yuo can make this combatible with Alive mod and get the script going for the Phalinx Gun (I have allready tested it in game,it can be placed,but not working),this might be very effective adding to realism.

All addons (if they configs made correctly) should be automatically read by MCC.

Regarding all the other air assets request adding new vehicles to MCC isn't in the scope of work.

Hi.I've searched this thread and although it is discussed before "access rights" I have another kind of a problem with it. I've tried all possible methods as Shaygman tells here

"You can limit access by placing the "Access module" in your mission.

- If it placed and not synced to any unit – only admin will have MCC access.

- If it placed and synced to units – only this units will have MCC access.

- If it placed and "this setvariable ["names", ["012347","01457687"]]" placed in the init line of the module only players with the UID same as the numbers in the array will have MCC access"

but while we are playing on our dedicated server other players can control mcc after they respawn?!?!?

we use Alive Agm TaskForce and 2 HLC WeaponsPack Mods on our mission.

The access module is a bit buggy atm, a fix is ready i'm waiting to finish something else before releasing but it will be soon.

As mentioned all the new mechanics are there to enhance making missions easily in different game-style that are not the traditional military co-op like: survival, CQB and crowd control exc.

Like all aspects of MCC it is up to you choose what you want to play with and what you want to keep out and you can manage it with the settings module or the mission settings in game.

By turning most of the option off other players will not even be aware that the server is running MCC.

well actually aside from mission making we want to use these additional things :) the question is; if I make a mission with mcc modules but nobody begins their game with mcc will they be still able to use these additional stuff(like leaning sideways) without anybody being able to access mcc ?

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

well actually aside from mission making we want to use these additional things :) the question is; if I make a mission with mcc modules but nobody begins their game with mcc will they be still able to use these additional stuff(like leaning sideways) without anybody being able to access mcc ?

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Nope all clients should run MCC as MCC holds the scripts how can they do something where they don't have the scripts on their side?

ok I do acknowledge that was pretty stupid :) but thanks again for informing that you are working on access rights issue.

It´s a pity that you don´t want to implement the commander tablet as an item. We like the idea that you have an item to call an artillery strike instead of having magically the power that allows you to call artillery or air support. Also in my opinion the mutiny button is something that is disadvantageous to a milsim game.

Maybe you consider implementing such an item in the future :)

Best regards

Kai

It´s a pity that you don´t want to implement the commander tablet as an item. We like the idea that you have an item to call an artillery strike instead of having magically the power that allows you to call artillery or air support. Also in my opinion the mutiny button is something that is disadvantageous to a milsim game.

Maybe you consider implementing such an item in the future :)

Best regards

Kai

I don't believe it will be an item again. The reasons are that if you are playing in a small group then there should be order in the first place and if someone logging into the commander role the other players shouldn't start mutiny against him. In the other hand if you are playing on public server and some one have the commander item he can do whatever he want and no one can stop him - even raining artillery on his troops.

So this is where the commander by vote steps in as the commander console isn't just used for calling artillery it is used to control and direct other AI and player's group and control all other assets of your side and this power should be given to someone in roll of a commander, and with great power comes great responsibility and if you are not being a good commander you'll probably by thrown out of the commander role.

I have to report a strange behaviour we had yesterday and other times in the past.

We always play as blufor in coop Vs opfor AI.

We always use the mission generator.

Sometimes, the mission generator spawns some AI blufor in the target area and when this happens, the number of enemies is smaller than estimate (for example, yesterday I set a "11 players" mission with Zaros as center of the mission zone and we killed only 23 enemies, including 3 blufor they were still alive and that were firing against us. Usually, with 11 players and using a city as mission zone with CQB ON, we have at least 60/70 enemies ).

I don't know if someone already report this but, being difficult to replicate this behaviour, I ask you if it possible to add an option to disable the caching/delayed system so after a mission generation I can check if there are the right enemies both faction and number.

If you suggest me to use the teleport into the zone to really spawn the enemies , I reply that I've already done something like this and GAIA start to send reinforcements (according to the mission generator option), so it's not a good workaround.

Thank you in advance

I don't believe it will be an item again. The reasons are that if you are playing in a small group then there should be order in the first place and if someone logging into the commander role the other players shouldn't start mutiny against him. In the other hand if you are playing on public server and some one have the commander item he can do whatever he want and no one can stop him - even raining artillery on his troops.

So this is where the commander by vote steps in as the commander console isn't just used for calling artillery it is used to control and direct other AI and player's group and control all other assets of your side and this power should be given to someone in roll of a commander, and with great power comes great responsibility and if you are not being a good commander you'll probably by thrown out of the commander role.

Yes, in an roleplay environment or at a public server I agree with your opinion. But if you play milsim wihout any AI to push around and a commander who is reasonable then the tablet as it is now awkward. But anyway thank you for your detailed answer!

Best regards

Kai

So what does the "Ambient Warzone" option do?

I tried it and all it does is place markers on the map, but it doesn't spawn enemies at them or anything else.

Also, first post yay!

I tried it and all it does is place markers on the map, but it doesn't spawn enemies at them or anything else.

Also, first post yay!

As far as i can tell it will destroy some buildings and add some smoking car wrecks here and there. I really like the concept, but i'm unsure about the impact on performances, especially in a multiplayer environment, so i never really used it.

Also, first post yay!

so with your first post comes your first bit of friendly advice :) - check the change logs and the videos posted by shay and spirit and all will be explained.

Hi, i'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a problem with my MCC installation, when I launch it and get connected to our server, I can't hear any fire shoots from our weapons. Just the impacts they make when hit the walls or ground.

Even without any sound mod I get the same issue.

Any ideas?

As far as i can tell it will destroy some buildings and add some smoking car wrecks here and there. I really like the concept, but i'm unsure about the impact on performances, especially in a multiplayer environment, so i never really used it.

I didn't notice that when I was messing around with it. Thank man.

so with your first post comes your first bit of friendly advice :) - check the change logs and the videos posted by shay and spirit and all will be explained.

I looked through the logs and the update videos, guess I missed it.

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Hi, i'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a problem with my MCC installation, when I launch it and get connected to our server, I can't hear any fire shoots from our weapons. Just the impacts they make when hit the walls or ground.

Even without any sound mod I get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Maybe the server has weapon fire disabled at spawn? Are you using mod weapons or any mods that might mess up bullet sounds/ physics like JSRS?

does anyone get like hundreds of green MCCs on a dedicated server when they roll down the mouse scroll?

Using Alive AGM and MCC together.

Hi CNutter,

Maybe the server has weapon fire disabled at spawn?

No, it has not.

Are you using mod weapons or any mods that might mess up bullet sounds/ physics like JSRS?

Yes, SMA and Mass Weapons and Vanilla. Same problem with all of them.

And as I said before, it happens even w/o any sound mod.