shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi, i'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a problem with my MCC installation, when I launch it and get connected to our server, I can't hear any fire shoots from our weapons. Just the impacts they make when hit the walls or ground.

Even without any sound mod I get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Serjames and I had this exact same issue yesterday.

On the same dedicated server together, SJ was running MCC, I was not. (Dedi server was not running MCC)

He couldn't hear weapon firing sounds, I could. We tried it in different locations with different weapons. No sound mods running.

He took off MCC and could hear the sounds again.

Any chance on having more robust weather options such as editing fog arrays and weather change delays?

does anyone get like hundreds of green MCCs on a dedicated server when they roll down the mouse scroll?

Using Alive AGM and MCC together.

There is a know bug with the Acess Right module - disable it for now. There is an MCC update schedule for the weekend that will fix it.

Yes, SMA and Mass Weapons and Vanilla. Same problem with all of them.

And as I said before, it happens even w/o any sound mod.

This is interesting have you tried arma vanila without any mods but MCC? i'll need some help in reproducing and pinpoint the problem.

Serjames and I had this exact same issue yesterday.

On the same dedicated server together, SJ was running MCC, I was not. (Dedi server was not running MCC)

He couldn't hear weapon firing sounds, I could. We tried it in different locations with different weapons. No sound mods running.

He took off MCC and could hear the sounds again.

Hello Apollo an SJ :) like posted above i'll need some help in pinpoint the problem - what mods where you running exc.

Any chance on having more robust weather options such as editing fog arrays and weather change delays?

This the amount of ideas and plans I have form MCC: 9999999 sqrt 999999.

This is the amount of free time that we have: 0.01.

So it is all matter of time and priority.

Hello Apollo an SJ :) like posted above i'll need some help in pinpoint the problem - what mods where you running exc.

Hey shay, good to talk to you again. :-)

Quite a long list as you would expect of us!! So it could be a conflict of MCC with one or the other.

Prepare yourself, you might want to sit down...

3cb_baf_units, 3cb_baf_vehicles, agm, alive, allinarmaterrainpack, ares, asdg_jr, beretpack2, bornholm, burnes_challenger, cba_a3, chinookpack, cup, psylandrover, rds_civpack, rh_m4_a3, rhs_afrf3, st_nametags, sthud_a3, stkr_bi, task_force_radio

We didn't try to narrow the issue down further as that wasn't our primary goal at the time. But if you compare this list to what others with the same bug are seeing you might notice a common denominator.

Quite a long list as you would expect of us!! So it could be a conflict of MCC with one or the other.

3cb_baf_units, 3cb_baf_vehicles, agm, alive, allinarmaterrainpack, ares, asdg_jr, beretpack2, bornholm, burnes_challenger, cba_a3, chinookpack, cup, psylandrover, rds_civpack, rh_m4_a3, rhs_afrf3, st_nametags, sthud_a3, stkr_bi, task_force_radio

We didn't try to narrow the issue down further as that wasn't our primary goal at the time. But if you compare this list to what others with the same bug are seeing you might notice a common denominator.

Who cannot love this guy. "You might notice a common denominator." Love the mod list, although the essential one is missing. :P

Lol, but "the essential one" made SJ's gun sounds go AWOL.

Did you add a stealth module? ;-)

This is my mod list compared with yours.

agm, alive, allinarmaterrainpack, cba_a3, rh_m4_a3, task_force_radio, mcc_sandbox

I think the problem could be between AGM + MCC... But I can't be sure.

I don't believe AGM and MCC conflicts. To be honest I don't even know what to check as MCC don't change weapon's configs sounds exc.

Digging the forum I did find that joining a server without the same mod set does have some issues and there is a common bug with sounds:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184996-Arma-3-Sound-Missing-in-Multiplayer&p=2819162&viewfull=1#post2819162

Hmm, in Speedofsound mod a problem with AGMs realistic names module was detected. Just to mention it.

Thanks Shayg for the info about the bug with dedicated servers. One last question. There is not an mcc items box in the empty section is there? With loads of mods running sometimes it gets frustrating finding the great items that MCC provides us :)

Hey guys, it seems MCC breaks the standard BIS MP Support mission markers. I suspect it is the "Groups Marker" in the MCC Mission Settings. Is there anyway to default that to disabled.

To reproduce just load "SC 06 Support Katalaki" BIS mission for example. Let it run a bit so you see Group markers that it uses. Then login to MCC and see markers disappear.

Note, it only breaks markers when MCC is logged into. If you just never log into MCC then everything is fine. But then what is the use of running MCC :)

Whats about Headless Client Support for spawning units in Zones?

I´ve pick as location "Headless client" ( and he is connected and running MCC as well ) but nothing will Spawn. Does the current MCC Version support the new Headless Client? If its the case: What i am doing wrong? Neither the Wiki or any other document speaks about it. You only mentioned its a "Beta Feature". :P

Thanks Shayg for the info about the bug with dedicated servers. One last question. There is not an mcc items box in the empty section is there? With loads of mods running sometimes it gets frustrating finding the great items that MCC provides us :)

I'll add MCC items box.

Hey guys, it seems MCC breaks the standard BIS MP Support mission markers. I suspect it is the "Groups Marker" in the MCC Mission Settings. Is there anyway to default that to disabled.

To reproduce just load "SC 06 Support Katalaki" BIS mission for example. Let it run a bit so you see Group markers that it uses. Then login to MCC and see markers disappear.

Note, it only breaks markers when MCC is logged into. If you just never log into MCC then everything is fine. But then what is the use of running MCC :)

I'll check it out.

Whats about Headless Client Support for spawning units in Zones?

I´ve pick as location "Headless client" ( and he is connected and running MCC as well ) but nothing will Spawn. Does the current MCC Version support the new Headless Client? If its the case: What i am doing wrong? Neither the Wiki or any other document speaks about it. You only mentioned its a "Beta Feature". :P

I'll check it out

Thanks shay_man. If you need any more info just let me know.

Hi Shay,

My community has been using MCC for a long time and generally we are very pleased with GAIA AI. There is one thing though we'd love to see included in the future: Could the AI be modified so they recognise smoke conceilment boxes to similar levels like ACE Arma 2 AI? Currently we get shot through smoke constantly to a point where a lot of people plain gave up on even using smoke against AI.

Hi Shay,

My community has been using MCC for a long time and generally we are very pleased with GAIA AI. There is one thing though we'd love to see included in the future: Could the AI be modified so they recognise smoke conceilment boxes to similar levels like ACE Arma 2 AI? Currently we get shot through smoke constantly to a point where a lot of people plain gave up on even using smoke against AI.

Hey,

GAIA is not really designed to do lower level AI improvements. My best bet would be to use other lower AI mods. With lower I do mean mods unfluencing the ai on induvidual level like cover, consealment, smoke etc.

Hi Shay,

Im using blastcore,and even with particles on low(though the mod description suggests high) my plooms of smoke are grand enough to conceal a squad from enemy view 90% of the time.Now im also using bcombat which if im not mistaken has a feature for unit to "fire back" on suspected enemy position,or rather last known shooters position,generating that 10%of time bullets come through the smoke at me

Also GAIA has as you might know good feature for at night,AI to fire flares on known enemy positions,again blastcore makes those flares actually illuminate the area,vanilla flares have no real impact.

Just some info there if you dont already have blastcore.

On another not to Shay or spirit.The waypoint markers for groups in MCC console remain on event though i have turned WPs off in mission settings.

Also i have a question regarding the way GAIA sees a unit(as in what type of unit it is,armour,air etc) Well quite a few mods (RHS,Massis spetsnaz,USMC) and one or two others are not being recognized for what they are,and seen as simply infantry,thus GAIA cant be affective with them ie. telling air to support,artillery to fire etc.

I understand its up to the mod authours to configure these units in such a way that is i guess "correct" so mods like upsmon/MCC can utilize them to full effect.However it probably wont happen for alot of mods.

Is there a way to,via an init command "force" GAIA to see these units as whatever it is you tell her to?

That would be quite useful for alot of mods that currently dont have full functionality with MCC.

I currently can only use MCC GAIA for the infantry,and am stuck scripting air supports scripts,and creating WPs with triggers to get the effects GAIA could be giving me,plus the randomness.

Just an idea,if its even possible;)

Cheers

Is it possible or even necessary to deactivate GAIA? For example if I would like to use bCombat or VCom for the AI instead of GAIA.

Is it possible or even necessary to deactivate GAIA? For example if I would like to use bCombat or VCom for the AI instead of GAIA.

Not sure about VCOM,but bcombat and 90% of other ai mods work mostly fine alongside gaia,nothing to serious conflicts.As the descriptions says,GAIA handles high level AI and bcombat and vcom(as best i can tell) handles low level squad management.

I personally run gaia and bcombat,0 issues with them together

You use both. GAIA and bCombat work perfectly together.

I used thread search, but it's easy to miss something in a several hundred page thread- sorry if this has already been answered.

I run a server that does live Zeus + MCC missions.

Is there is a way to have more than one person logged in as mission maker at the same time?

Is there is a way to have more than one person logged in as mission maker at the same time?

Aah, the oldest question in the arma-modding-verse. I'm afraid the answer to that is a cold harsh nope. Though you can have 1 mission maker helping zeus' and/or commanders of each side.

Thanks man. I guess I'll just have to work around it :/

MCC is awesome! I am having lots of fun with it! A must-have for the hardcore players. Very easy and fast to create a mission. 10/10