shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Thanks for the up-date Shay  :)

Im still waiting for a generic shop script that would let player gather money by killing enemies and completing objectives and then use it to buy equipment arsenal style. The Vault system does sound teasingly close to that.

Hi Shay...I'm really happy with expansion of the survival system. Outstanding work.

Hello,

I have some problem with mission generator.

too many AI spawn (about 300). I put 1 or 30 players it's the same.

The goal is to create missions with 60 70 opponent and 20 30 civilian.

do you have a solution ?

I have a problem with new version of MCC.

Setting:

Eden + ACE + RHS + TFAR + CBA

When i try to hijack unit placed in eden i have such error:

9:54:17 Error in expression <riable ["MCC_allowed",true,true];
_ok = _targetUnit addEventHandler ["Killed", f>
 9:54:17   Error position: <_targetUnit addEventHandler ["Killed", f>
 9:54:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _targetunit
 9:54:17 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\general_scripts\unitManage\um.sqf, line 116

When i try to hijack unit placed with MCC i also recieve this error.

Additionaly after such action, MCC position is multiplied in action menu.

---

I forgot to mention that i run MCC in editor preview not in the mission itself.

Hey guys,

I'm searching for the cause of a very nasty and Random bug I have on my MCC Mission Template. (We use that the generate us missions that we then play) 

What is happening is that sometimes when a member joints (JIP) he is stuck. They can't move at all. The only thing they can do is look around and respawn. Respawning however does not really help. They just spawn immobilized again. Only rejoining helps occasionally (not always).
This bug is purely random. I have not found a pattern yet.

My guess would be that the Start Location Module could be the cause. I guess that because this module moves the player 1-4 secs after spawning to the location of the flag. (Besides, can one somehow deactivate the spawning of an object? I actually don't want to have a flag standing around in my FOB xD)
The Start Location Module however seems to be necessary to solve HVT Missions since you have to deliver the captured units to the flag pole. Is there any other way to solve the HVT missions without placing down the Start Location Module. (Maybe with a marker or Trigger?)

As I said, I'm not sure if that is the problem. This is just trail and error. It could also be just MCC with other mods or another mod at all. 
The RPT-Log doesn't say anything interesting regarding the immobilization whatsoever.

Many Greetings
Moony 

I have a problem on my unit's server, no one on the server can login to MCC but it works fine in single player. Any tips?

• Like 1

I have a problem on my unit's server, no one on the server can login to MCC but it works fine in single player. Any tips?

The only thing i can think of is you must have it loaded serverside also.

Me and my group are having the same issue. The host can log into MCC but none of the other players can. And yes no one is logged into it already... we checked. 

Hello,

I have some problem with mission generator.

too many AI spawn (about 300). I put 1 or 30 players it's the same.

The goal is to create missions with 60 70 opponent and 20 30 civilian.

do you have a solution ?

What difficulty do you use? try lowering the difficulty. 

I have a problem with new version of MCC.

Setting:

Eden + ACE + RHS + TFAR + CBA

When i try to hijack unit placed in eden i have such error:

9:54:17 Error in expression <riable ["MCC_allowed",true,true];
_ok = _targetUnit addEventHandler ["Killed", f>
 9:54:17   Error position: <_targetUnit addEventHandler ["Killed", f>
 9:54:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _targetunit
 9:54:17 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\general_scripts\unitManage\um.sqf, line 116

When i try to hijack unit placed with MCC i also recieve this error.

Additionaly after such action, MCC position is multiplied in action menu.

---

I forgot to mention that i run MCC in editor preview not in the mission itself.

Test it from the mission please.

Hey,

Thanks for the Update. But the Ambient Unit Spawnrestriction seems not to work. 

Yeah, my fault didn't test it on dedicated. I'l fix it soon.

Hey guys,

I'm searching for the cause of a very nasty and Random bug I have on my MCC Mission Template. (We use that the generate us missions that we then play) 

What is happening is that sometimes when a member joints (JIP) he is stuck. They can't move at all. The only thing they can do is look around and respawn. Respawning however does not really help. They just spawn immobilized again. Only rejoining helps occasionally (not always).

This bug is purely random. I have not found a pattern yet.

My guess would be that the Start Location Module could be the cause. I guess that because this module moves the player 1-4 secs after spawning to the location of the flag. (Besides, can one somehow deactivate the spawning of an object? I actually don't want to have a flag standing around in my FOB xD)

The Start Location Module however seems to be necessary to solve HVT Missions since you have to deliver the captured units to the flag pole. Is there any other way to solve the HVT missions without placing down the Start Location Module. (Maybe with a marker or Trigger?)

As I said, I'm not sure if that is the problem. This is just trail and error. It could also be just MCC with other mods or another mod at all. 

The RPT-Log doesn't say anything interesting regarding the immobilization whatsoever.

Many Greetings

Moony 

I've made some changes to MCC start locations which need to be tested. The hostage mission should be changed to allow completion without the need to place a start location. 

Uhuhuhuhuh...here as well. In fact the whole RTP kinda f-up!

(Sorry but I really thought that only me has this problem @.@)

http://pastebin.com/RfKdZX48

I gonna answer Sjones17 and Moon_chilD. I would usually say to sjones17: "Put MCC on the server and don't place any access module and see if this is working for you" but I've noticed something strange in Moon rpt which is:

Scripting function 'mcc_fnc_login' is not allowed to be remotely executed

Which dazzle me, so I've looked around and found out the BI changed the remoteExec method - which I don't care because I don't really use but it effects the BIS_fnc_MP which I use a lot. As MCC is built around a dialog with a super client (mission maker) with the server. 

So first:

1. Moon are you not able to login too?

2. I will investigate if further. 

• Like 1

It looks like they have to enable file patching on their server.

@shay_gman
Nobody is able to login to MCC. The server is hosted on a root server.

But what is strange is, that it says that for sooo many other mods aswell (ALIVE, CBA and even some BIS Functions)

@papanwel
You are right we have. The reason for that is, that its (sadly) needed for ASR. But should that really be the problem here?

Hey Shay

After tonights mission we have a list of problems with a number of mods since the Nexus update.

A couple of MCC that we noticed:

The Ambient Unit module doesn't follow the players anymore. For example if you use it to spawn civilians it will spawn in a bunch of Civies, as the players move away those civies won't despawn and new ones spawn near the player as they move along the map.

Secondly while it has always been iffy, we couldn't get the convoy feature to work. No matter how many of them I put down, I tried first with Russian RHS, then with normal CSAT, but I couldn't get it to work, eventually putting too many convoys down it crashed the server.

Excuse my lack of knowladge on this but how file patching is related to the "function is not allowed to be remotely executed". The file patching change has been done in 2014 and AFAIK there wasn't an issue with MCC.

Also, let me get it straight is disabling or enabling filepatching causing errors in MCC?

@rekkless I'll check it out. 

As soon as I have my servers back (The problems yesterday let me redo my whole Arma 3 Server again xD) I'll test it without filePatching.

I just hope that ASR is not depending on it in the next update anymore @.@

Edit: Disabling File Patching did not do the trick! I still does not work!

The only thing i can think of is you must have it loaded serverside also.

Me and my group are having the same issue. The host can log into MCC but none of the other players can. And yes no one is logged into it already... we checked. 

I think it would be very interesting to know more about your server/mission setup! Most important would be what other mods you are using and maybe a RPT-Log!

After testing with the help of Moon_chilD I figured up the login problem. As I suspected it has to do with then new cfgRemoteExec for now most of the addons are neutral toward it and they haven't touched it, but if some mod you are running decided to use it all the clients functions that are designed to run on the server would be restricted unless they were white-listed by the mod maker. 

I found out some towing mode did that but it doesn't matter i'll update MCC to work with a whitelist. 

Just to clearify: Its not only leshs towing mod that causes this problem. Other mods can do that as well. ASR for example is a mad boy as well ;-D

I already informed Lesh of the towing mod and he will look into it! Thanks again for the help shay and Im happy to help you (somehow :3)

Edit: MCC works fine again!

Shay is it not possible to have the ied minigame be activated by ace interact instead of ace self interact?

I will be releasing an update to ignore the mode setting for my towing mod this evening until Bohemia changes the default mode to 0. Sorry for any inconviniences.

One quick question: was GAIA updated in the MCC compared to the original script-only GAIA release ?

Thx !

Nope

Shay is it not possible to have the ied minigame be activated by ace interact instead of ace self interact?

Everything is possible depends on the cost. ACE interaction is build around inheriting from the config of each class. So it is easier for me to put the actions on the self interaction which is actually the man class rather than adding it to every class out there. But i'll maybe look into it later. 

I will be releasing an update to ignore the mode setting for my towing mod this evening until Bohemia changes the default mode to 0. Sorry for any inconviniences.

Not your fault mate, just you was the first to implement it. It just a matter of time. I think it is better to work with the system as at the end someone somewhere will implement it and screw as over.