shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Just a quick heads-up. We expect to release this weekend, including new AI (GAIA). Details follow this weekend. I would like to thank armaseries.com specifically for taking the time to do some testing.

Just a quick heads-up. We expect to release this weekend, including new AI (GAIA). Details follow this weekend. I would like to thank armaseries.com specifically for taking the time to do some testing.

Great news!

Just a quick heads-up. We expect to release this weekend, including new AI (GAIA). .....CUT ..........

Looking forward :wink::yay:

Excellent spirit6! Looking forward to it.

Care to share a little teaser about what GAIA can do ? Perhaps ways that make it stand out from other AI improvers ?

Looking forward :wink::yay:

But not until i get my testing report from Spoor :p

Excellent spirit6! Looking forward to it.

Care to share a little teaser about what GAIA can do ? Perhaps ways that make it stand out from other AI improvers ?

I think you can read here more already:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2614778&viewfull=1#post2614778

^ very interesting read looking forward to trying it out

We are noticing some bugs.

Players can see the zones the mission maker puts on the map.

Airdrops are back to not dropping off any assets.

I recently ran into a bug yesterday.... I was scoped in with my rifle and when I pulled up the 3d editor my camera still had the overlay ontop of it. This may have something to do with the addon TMR I was using, they have 2d overlays for scopes.

I find that after a few enemy spawns, they stop spawning, through 3d editor, group generator or placing individuals or groups via zones.

Nick i think it's possible a mod load order or a Game issue.

Are you playing on Stable?

Are you running CBA, latest version ?

Is CBA loaded up BEFORE your other mods?

Have you DOUBLE checked your A3 install is not corrupted ?

I have only seen this before when the load order was wrong or I was in Dev build/trying to use a DEV build ONLY mod in stable etc.

We're all running those mods on our server and it's A ok.

I believe it is exactly that I just am not sure what order it is. I had addons manually installed ....than I did a reboot , after that it has been acting weird. I used 6 updater for all of them but not all of them work that great ...like the A-10 comes in and there's a error on screen about the sparks and what not. The thing is if I delete all my addons they will still be there and they double up in expansion for some reason.

Just another quick update.

We are delaying our release for a few days. Not because Shay got hit by lightning but because we want more in there then we first thought. So, its going well and we do read your posts ok. So stay tuned!

Seeing a bug,

The button in the SAVE/LOAD to actually Copy-to-Clipboard clears the text area, but does not copy to the clipboard.

Seeing a bug,

The button in the SAVE/LOAD to actually Copy-to-Clipboard clears the text area, but does not copy to the clipboard.

Because you are doing it in MP and BIS disabled the copy to clipboard command on MP. Try on local host or highlight the text and press Ctrl + C.

Well said, and exactly the attitude I would expect from the Arma mod-maker. :) Let's hope that the development will take this direction.

It gives the endless content to the Arma community, not to BI! ;)

Regarding your interpretation of the idea behind the "Make Arma Not War" contest, let me explain few things: The contest is here for the community (you included), not for BI. Yes, it may yield some content which would be worth publishing, but it would be mainly to the benefit of such content's authors. Also, I think that if there would appear a modification with potential for the commercial succes, it would be also because we at Bohemia keep putting a huge (and largely unnoticed) effort into keeping Arma modifiable. :)

Typical PR response, but if you want to have a mature debate feel free to answer my questions instead. ;)

Can someone make better/different AA systems.Its too little now...

What?! I didn't understand what are you asking for me.

We are noticing some bugs.

Players can see the zones the mission maker puts on the map.

Airdrops are back to not dropping off any assets.

I've fixed it wait till next release.

I find that after a few enemy spawns, they stop spawning, through 3d editor, group generator or placing individuals or groups via zones.

How many are few?

Hi,

I have a question about the mission which you have to kill or capture a ennemy. How capture him ? my team and i try to shoot his leg, shoot around him but nothing we don't have the choice we have to kill him. Any idea please ?

And don't worry, MCC is better far away than zeus

If he is in CQB preset then he should be armed only with a hand gun you should approach him and press "Disarm suspect" in the action menu. If he is not in CQB it is not possible atm to capture him alive.

- Admin only control without access module placed (no need for users connecting server to have mcc installed)

It should work if you'll just create a init.sqf file in your mission and put the allowed players UID in (As strings).

MCC_allowedPlayers = ["012345","12457886"]

Edited by shay_gman

QUICK question. The MCC mission settings has an option to respawn with gear, or save gear or something. How does that function work?

QUICK question. The MCC mission settings has an option to respawn with gear, or save gear or something. How does that function work?

If is set to on then you will spawn with the gear you died with (more or less it runs every 20 seconds)

If is set to on then you will spawn with the gear you died with (more or less it runs every 20 seconds)

Okay, so it wont work right after you enable it? Do you know if it works with Xmedsys?

Also, after I enable it, and go out of MCC, and then enter it again and click on mission settings, its disabled again?

Lastly, is there a way to have it enabled from mission start?

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

I would like to report that MCC does something to VAS, so VAS function "Load on respawn" is disabled, and cannot be enabled. Hope you can get together and fix this.

Edited by kennyleif

I would like to report that MCC does something to VAS, so VAS function "Load on respawn" is disabled, and cannot be enabled. Hope you can get together and fix this.

Confirm same issue.

Thanks Shay !

Hi, Shay.

I love the new mission wizard. I've been using it quite a bit for SP missions lately.

Bug report: When I save the current created mission to my profile and try to reload it, it is not loading correctly. Precise objective markers are gone, objectives are missing altogether, difficulty and number of players seems to have been reset to defaults, etc.

Request: I would like to see a Save Game option for SP scenarios. I'll often get in the middle of a good Mission Wizard created mission and need to take a break or want to revert after death of my character or when the AI squad get themselves killed.

Thanks. Cheers!

Hey Shay,

Running into a not-so-easy to reproduce issue where I can't spawn units, either by spawning them in zone, group generator, or the 3D editor. It's happened a few times now, this is after I've died and been revived a few times while local host in MP. Normally even after many revives or respawns it works fine.

MCC will say its spawning, but nothing will appear regardless of the method, faction or any other variables.

kelemenlajos you should look to what the Real Time Editor of VBS has in terms of features. If BIS wants they just have to port this into Zeus to blow away MMC and VTS (no offence).

From this point we can understand shay_gman to be afraid of wasting more time and effort.

I think Zeus mostly came out of what was in VBS already for a few years so it probably wasn't much work at all other than porting it over.

Shay,

Highlighting the text is still an issue it only has the first 100 or so lines in there.

I have "Saved to Profile", even given it a name, but I don't see the file anywhere. I made a training-playground and REALLY want to make sure it's saved for new recruits.