Sign in to follow this  
TxT

Makeing Bombsuit

Wound you like to see bombsuit in game?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Wound you like to see bombsuit in game?

• Yes
    • No

Hey Guys and Girls

------------------

Am going to start working on Bomb Suit. :butbut:

I wound like to get some help researching the bomb suit.

Help with:

*** Weight off the hole suit.

*** How the suit is put on and show the parts.

*** Some pictures to help me make make the suit

------------------

Bomb disposal suit.

677ea5b6-c78b-4fb7-a441-8f271606084a_zps6d1941e7.jpg

Bomb disposal suit.

Please stop making polls in every 2nd thread here. Pointless anyway because the result will always be "yes do it" even if it's of no use for the one who were voting.

If you want to make a bomb suit then make it, if not then not. :)

W0lle This is my first poll that i have done. the only thing it was for to see how many wound like get it or if it was just piece of crap.

i not know what you go thru all day so but am not spamming polls here.

But thanks for the pictures. :)

Well, I think whenever you're offering stuff for free most people will vote yes for it even if they won't download it. The specific difficulties for this unit is the animations aren't set up for such a heavy and unweildy suit, so he will move like he's wearing a t-shirt and trousers (or, I suppose, a spandex suit with golf balls taped to it) and the suit volumes will be crashing through each other. He will be able to run just as fast as everyone else, and the weapon stocks and things will be crashing through his shoulder and neck-thing. That said, I think that mission makers would love to have an addon like this that helps them tell a unique story.

In the end, make addons for yourself, not based on what people think of it. There will always be people to vote yes to free stuff, and others who think they know the best way for you to spend your spare time.

I know about the animations. Thanks for the info, I am going to make new animations for that unit.

I know about the animations. Thanks for the info, I am going to make new animations for that unit.

Good luck! This is going to be interesting to follow :)

Good luck with that! Hopefully we get some tools actually capable of producing animations. Unless you are an animator, though, I would suggest that making 40 animations that link together or whatever it is might be a little bit too ambitious. Even looking at the config file that references the different animations makes my brain asplode... and I'm a professionally trained animator.

I got friends we see how it goes ;)

I have not made many animations before i am more modeling texture guy but that dose not mean i wont try.

My friends got some good tools for animations and mocap.

Here's a demonstration of the components.

Awesome demo.

I wonder if special properties could be set for this suit/uniform against bullets & blasts. (Is body armour in the vanilla game yet?) Good luck, TxT!

Awesome demo.

I wonder if special properties could be set for this suit/uniform against bullets & blasts. (Is body armour in the vanilla game yet?) Good luck, TxT!

I've asked a few people about that and none can give me a solid answer, nor can i get a version working as i want through basic config tinkering;

I also asked Vespa who said he would get back to me next week when he's talked to someone about it, so fingers crossed.

Any progress on the suit? Cant wait !

AFAIK he didn't make it or even start.

Goodluck! I was thinking about making a advanced bomb suit so I started to gather reference pictures.

Here's a album with the images I had (It's really hard to find close up arse pictures of the the bomb suit btw :P)

http://imgur.com/a/vk8c2

couldnt you just use normal animations but set them to run much slower than normal, thus not needing mo-cap

couldnt you just use normal animations but set them to run much slower than normal, thus not needing mo-cap

i think forcespeed works with it ...

Why new animations? Just force it to walk, or make it ultra heavy so anything other than walking will cause instant fatigue.

Because such a thick character will have problems with its limbs crashing through its body, etc.

Because such a thick character will have problems with its limbs crashing through its body, etc.

the same things are also problems with skinny characters, for example leg's knees, arm's ankles are twisted when prone etc.

the same problems are with chestrigs vests etc.

so of course it would need new animations system and maybe even skeleton system unless author wants his bomb suit character to be "hand in stomach"

making different size than male-size model was problem since OFP (in OFP there was no limit on skeleton, we could do different size species)

in Arma1, 2 and maybe 3 it is problem due to "hardcoded" skeleton which forces moders to "stay around human male 185 cm tall in uniform"

animating something different than "male 185 cm in uniform" may be very problematic in Arma 1,2 and maybe 3, author of thread- look at all "aliens, vampires, zombies" etc. they are also "the same size" (yes, i miss OFP freedom in that area, afair making 1 meter tall or 3 meters tall or very fat units in OFP was not problem, there were even animated skeletons in OFP, LEGO warriors , dinosaurs etc. )

Edited by vilas