Sign in to follow this  
inch

ARMA 3 donation

Hello,

I'm dropping a message on here as I've always been a avid player of the whole ARMA series its been a big part of my life for almost 7 years... yes, since its very first release.

Now whilst I've been quite successful in life, I'm not wanting to "show off".

I've emailed marketing@bistudio.com regarding this matter (more could follow in later months). I'm really keen on donating and or investing a considerable amount of money into ARMA 3.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'd appreciate a reply from any staff member.

Kind Regards,

Inch

Hello,

I'm dropping a message on here as I've always been a avid player of the whole ARMA series its been a big part of my life for almost 7 years... yes, since its very first release.

Now whilst I've been quite successful in life, I'm not wanting to "show off".

I've emailed marketing@bistudio.com regarding this matter (more could follow in later months). I'm really keen on donating and or investing a considerable amount of money into ARMA 3.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'd appreciate a reply from any staff member.

Kind Regards,

Inch

I am not sure if BIS would even accept donations (they are a company not a organisation for people suffering from COD-unrealism and Battlefield-arcadeology) the best ways you can help is a) buying the game b) telling friends about it or making videos on youtube to spread the word and c) be an active part of this community.

If you can put a cross behind all 3 of these listed points, you are doing more than enough for the game itself and BIS. If you still want to donate and BIS does not accept donations, you could also support fellow mod makers like Vilas that are in need of a new computer so that they can make us happy with all the addons they put out and to attract new players because of the nice addons the Arma community always has. :)

I hope that helps :)

You could always just buy some supporter editions and give them away on forum :P no?

I think they will already get really much money from all of the pre orders cause dayz made more fans for arma, even without it i think bohemia would still had much pre orders.

Thanks, I've already 'checked' those boxes.

Given that reply, I may have to buy the game a few times. However I'll wait to see what else is said.

*edit* more than a few.

Thanks again.

I guess the best thing you could do if they don't accept your donation or whatever is coming up with a great mod idea and hire some people to implement it for you :) This would be a great way of expanding upon the content and thus maybe getting more people into ArmA.

Here is how you can donate.

Buy as many copies as you want but don't give a copy to anyone. Let those copies disappear in obscurity, every copy you would give is a sale lost to BI.

If you want recognition, buy some or all of the first 500 supporter editions and make BI print your name 500 times in the credits. :)

every copy you would give is a sale lost to BI.

Well no, since he's already bought and paid for it.

Buy as many copies as you want but don't give a copy to anyone. Let those copies disappear in obscurity, every copy you would give is a sale lost to BI.

Or purchase the keys on BIStore then send them back to BIS without registering 'em on Steam. LOL

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Not if it removes demand from the system.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

The one getting the game for free doesn't pay, sale lost. We want to force people to buy copies and move their money to BI, not having them looking for freebies.

If you're into the giving-away-games-for-free business, you might as well slap a competition of some kind on top, like a "Who Can Draw The Prettiest Pony" kinda thing, only for arma. People like competitions. But maybe they like just getting free shit more. I dunno.

Buy several copies, give them away by any means you want to. The spare you could donate to modders teams that kept the game going for so long. ;)

Or if you're really flush, buy a super-dooper server for the peeps to play on.

Or if you're really flush, buy a super-dooper server for the peeps to play on.

I already have several and I'm also getting more resources ready for ARMA 3 Servers.

Step 1: do this

Step 2: do whatever you please :)

But yeah, I think it's awesome you like Arma that much and want to get involved with it. If you're interested in proper financing there might even be some options. You could contact e.g. Placebo to get the corresponding contacts.

Other than that, contributing towards the community with servers or give-aways is most likely going to be very appreciated as well! :)

All in all, it's always great to hear people dedicating towards their passion

Wouldn't it be 100x better to donate to an charity fund or people who really need the money?? How valuable is a donation of "a considerable amount of money" just for a game?

I understand BI do excellent work on the core of the game, but a small amount of money could go a very long way if donated towards the efforts of modders. Most fans will agree that it is the mods that really bring life to the game. Making money from mods is prohibited by the license, I think, but donating post-hoc may be allowed. Just an idea.

Wow, I'm impressed at your willingness for such a gesture and also that you seem to have already indulged in everyones' alternative ideas for supporting BIS!

But, I don't think your money going direct to BIS will make a huge difference. They will make plenty from just game sales, and just look at how much DayZ has raked in!

Considering what I assume is your passion for Arma - the game, the community, etc - I'd say you should find ways to invest in community mod/addon projects, open groups, servers etc.

Potentially your money could support quality, creative modding to make Arma bigger and more creative than it's ever been.

How about:

Running your own mod competition with a cash prize?

Commissioning your own mod?

Buying/renting all manner of internet service/space for Arma file hosting, servers, websites etc?

Paying someone else to do any of the above on your behalf?

How about charity organizations? They need the money more than BI does. And you do something good with your money, win-win situation for everyone.

Or send me the money, I always need some esp. at the end of the month. :D

Giving to animal rescue charities always gets my vote, especially the rescue and care of stray dogs :)

The one getting the game for free doesn't pay, sale lost. We want to force people to buy copies and move their money to BI, not having them looking for freebies.

The ridiculousness of this argument makes my head hurt. I don't even know what to say to this.

Let's also remove the ability of Steam Gifting ArmA3 because that's a sale lost to BIS!

The ridiculousness of this argument makes my head hurt. I don't even know what to say to this.

Let's also remove the ability of Steam Gifting ArmA3 because that's a sale lost to BIS!

Those are some fighting words, I think.

Nobody said to stop gifting, it's just simple economics. Unless you expect to gain more sales by gifting copies around.

Personally I have bought 2 A1 copies, 3 A2 copies, 2 A2OA copies, twice all DLC and 1 ArmAX. Most of those have never been used, except some gaming experiments and visiting friends.

I doubt BI would have gained more money if I gifted them to a random person in the internet.

Yes because you got those additional copies for free.

Is this a poor attempt of trolling?

Do I have to post screenshots of my steam purchases, bi studio purchases and CDs?

The amount I gave to BI pales in comparison to the amount I gave steam for my game library which you can easily check.