Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Guys, it's normal that there are people that want to see their name in the credits, don't judge them. :)

If I had the money for supporter edition, well who knows what I'd do .... :o

You realize 90% of the players will never read the credits?

Getting your name in the credits isn't that big a deal but when you put such alot of money down I can understand people wanting to get what they paid for.

If BIS hasn´t lost their sense of humor then everybody will find his name in the credits

Eagle Wing anyone?

I have to admit that at first I was quite shocked to see my Name in the credits until I came to the conclusion that somebody thought of a very nice joke.

While true for text it seems..at least from what I've seen of others, that if the credits includes something to show such as photographs, people will stick around and even read the names.

It's also nice to be able to see the people who made the game, take Deus Ex Human Revolution's credit sequence for example.

You're kidding right?
Not at all kidding. After all, a forums badge and "name in credits" are more or less what I'd be paying for, seeing as DLC is also not guaranteed and that I already have all but CWA and Arma Gold... and it actually aggravates me to see so many people outside of the forums talking about getting the Supporter edition, since our buys would all be in contention with theirs...
Getting your name in the credits isn't that big a deal but when you put such alot of money down I can understand people wanting to get what they paid for.
This, really. Edited by Chortles

The only reason I will buy the Supporter edition is because I want to support BI and I have the money for this. I dont really care about having my name in credits or forum badge, but its a nice addition.

Just let the people to buy what they want if they have enough money...:)

Not at all kidding. After all, a forums badge and "name in credits" are more or less what I'd be paying for, seeing as DLC is also not guaranteed and that I already have all but CWA and Arma Gold... and it actually aggravates me to see so many people outside of the forums talking about getting the Supporter edition, since our buys would all be in contention with theirs...

While I can see your point, the package is named supporter edition for some reason, i.e. support the development team. But hey I have done nothing but express my opinion though I won't lie that I was not expecting you specifically to worry so much about being mentioned in the credits.

I'll be purchasing the Supporter edition. I do not care for my name to be in the end credits, I'm buying it because I've supported the developers since 2001 (OFP/r) and I will continue to support them. Including all future stand alone and other ArmA series releases.

ArmA 3, including alpha, beta testing... as well as all future DLC's is completely worth it. Can't wait!

I'll go for usual Alpha. I can't see myself paying 90 bucks for doing QA's job and getting a bunch of games I already have.

I'll go for usual Alpha. I can't see myself paying 90 bucks for doing QA's job and getting a bunch of games I already have.

Good reason for not getting the Supporter Edition, but you would be paying 90 bucks as a preorder for the full game, and for future DLC, and for a bunch of games you already have.

I would have eventually purchased the "Supporter Package", if they would use the additional income to provide people an alternative to Steam. That surely would be possible, maybe not for MP but there are maybe enough people around who only play in SP. They would be grateful for that.

Don't care for the credits, no one reads them until the end. It's only use is to show it to friends and brag with it.

It seems to me that BI is really in trouble, there is no other explanation for such a financial behaviour. Never they have done that before and now they need to sell the game in 3 different packages to create cash. In the beginning and even in A2 they gave away free demos, now you have to pay even for Alphas! Maybe wasn't such a good idea to break with codemasters heh? Because back in those days there were lots of free weapons, vehicles and planes given away in patches - FOR FREE! That's something fans from today can't believe I guess but that's how it was, download a patch and get free additional content.

And now? Pay here, pay there pay everywhere. DLCs every couple of months to milk their fans more and more. :(

@AlekseiGuba: Jeez man -you CAN grab the Alpha for free- FOR FREE! Yes, you may not have access to everything but it's still for free. Access to Alpha wasn't even provided for OFP so there is no comparison and there may a free demo at a later point for Arma 3 as well.

Seriously the amount of complaining by people is staggering -almost as if BI owes us something :rolleyes: Look around you man, look at all of the utter garbage being sold for $60 with little content and little to no patches and now compare that to the endless hours of fun that can be had by the very reasonably priced Arma series. Its not 2001 anymore and yes BI has to make business judgements to stay afloat but it behooves you to compare their policy to their peers in the industry before passing such judgements.

I would have eventually purchased the "Supporter Package", if they would use the additional income to provide people an alternative to Steam. That surely would be possible, maybe not for MP but there are maybe enough people around who only play in SP. They would be grateful for that.

Don't care for the credits, no one reads them until the end. It's only use is to show it to friends and brag with it.

It seems to me that BI is really in trouble, there is no other explanation for such a financial behaviour. Never they have done that before and now they need to sell the game in 3 different packages to create cash. In the beginning and even in A2 they gave away free demos, now you have to pay even for Alphas! Maybe wasn't such a good idea to break with codemasters heh? Because back in those days there were lots of free weapons, vehicles and planes given away in patches - FOR FREE! That's something fans from today can't believe I guess but that's how it was, download a patch and get free additional content.

And now? Pay here, pay there pay everywhere. DLCs every couple of months to milk their fans more and more. :(

Pay here, there, everywhere? Not everything is free. You aren't paying for the Alpha. You are paying for the final, full released game, just paying early. That's a PREORDER. The full-featured Alpha (as opposed to the Lite Alpha) is a BENEFIT, a Reward, for that Pre-Order. If you notice, the different Packages offer different things, once again all stuff that you are paying for, EARLY. That's the whole point of the different packages. The Alpha isn't a demo, so there's no comparison between it and a free demo. No point to compare ArmA3 to OFP. ArmA 3 required much more to develop than OFP did. More money, more resources (most likely, considering all the features and that the engine is much improved, but much more involved than that of OFP). Pretty sure there are also a whole lot more employees that BIS has to pay. That money won't come out of nowhere. If ArmA3 was simply OFP with new units, new weapons, then maybe I'd understand your complaint.

I'd like to see the licence agreement which states that BIS ought to make any DLCs (at least one) with sane terms of making:) And then give any DLC for free to those who buy 'Supporter edition'. Otherwise I think it's too naive to pay for something that may be done no one knows when. Or may be not done at all.

I may have any interest I want but without any legal tool and written agreement all I may get is "When it's done"© until ArmA4 comes out with its own payware DLCs.

http://www.arma3.com/buy

It states quite clearly, so there's no further need for speculation: "ALL FUTURE ARMA 3 DLCs -- *If any, does not apply to standalone expansions or sequels."

You're not buying any future DLC promise, it's merely an indefinite pass, if any are released during the game's lifecycle. Of course, if another Operation Arrowhead comes along, and if all subsequent DLCs are going to require you have it installed, that would probably not qualify you.

Then they simply sell the DLC as Expansion and are set. Since it's Steam only even an Expansion is "DownLoadable Content" now.

And DLC can be everything, from one rifle to another Operation Arrowhead.

Yes, maybe they have more employees now. Still there's a bad taste of being milked when you look at their history and how they act now. They are no more the little independed company they were once, and maybe that's the source of many problems and disappointed fans. I dont know how long you around but the BI from the old days would never have treated their loyal fans like they do now, forcing them into using Steam, no more content for free. Nothing, just pay, pay, pay.

Again Im sorry for my ranting but I really was hoping this game would be something better after seeing the pictures and videos for months. Now I have the money for a new PC and can't play the damn game.

Good reason for not getting the Supporter Edition, but you would be paying 90 bucks as a preorder for the full game, and for future DLC, and for a bunch of games you already have.

Yeah well, my stance about DLC is that I don't want to see them. Expansions are the way to go.

I like the BIS "lite" DLC idea. You don't HAVE to buy the DLC but you could if you like so no split communities.

Since I haven't read any scientific papers about it, I wouldn't know. My estimate is that atleast 97% of the players will never read it. ;)

Anyway, that was not the point of my post.

EDIT:

MadDogX summed it up quite nicely:

And I still don't get why anyone here gives half a fuck about this!

Edited by Kernriver

Then they simply sell the DLC as Expansion and are set. Since it's Steam only even an Expansion is "DownLoadable Content" now.

And DLC can be everything, from one rifle to another Operation Arrowhead.

Yes, maybe they have more employees now. Still there's a bad taste of being milked when you look at their history and how they act now. They are no more the little independed company they were once, and maybe that's the source of many problems and disappointed fans. I dont know how long you around but the BI from the old days would never have treated their loyal fans like they do now, forcing them into using Steam, no more content for free. Nothing, just pay, pay, pay.

Again Im sorry for my ranting but I really was hoping this game would be something better after seeing the pictures and videos for months. Now I have the money for a new PC and can't play the damn game.

I don't like Steam and I am disappointed by the decision to go the Steamworks route. But on the other hand I would never expect that the guys at BI are going the path of the quick buck like so many others. I still trust them to deliver on their promises and support what they develop and that longer and closer to the community as anyone else. This is a business decision and I for one am not questioning their motives. And as I see it, this is today's trend. Yesterday I read a letter very similar to the BI Steam blog by Bernd Lehan, CEO of EGOSOFT about their future plans for the X-series and about their motives to go all in with Steamworks. There seems to be a lot of pressure onto small studios of PC game developers these days. Maybe it's time to adapt ...

Edited by Guess Who
typo