Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Things to do before ARMA III is released!

I'm going to work on conquest mode in the mean time.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

build a monster PC to get 20 fps on Arma 3!

If you have a pc that currently runs A2 very well, then 20 fps in A3 should be nps. Well.. given the demand increases from title to title haven't been that drastic. Not for me anyhow (thus far). Or I suppose maybe I'm missing something here, as I don't keep up with all of the "hype", alphas, betas etc etc. Though I've been playing since ~02, that's only my experiences from title to title so far.

Whilst perhaps not hidden, Bardosy's campaign; Pirog is certainly a gem. Probably the user made campaign I have enjoyed the most. It's even better with colonel stagler's version which replaces the BIS Russian units with RHS' Armed Forces of the Russian Federation ones. Add to that ASR AI and TPWCAS and it makes for great replayability.

Original

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?98764-camp-p-i-r-o-g

AFRF

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139359-Camp-P-I-R-O-G-AFRF

If the AI addon works by default (so without input from the mission editor, basically, if it comes in .pbo form) then it works in DAC by default. If it needs mission editor input (like you need to start the script in their init or whatever) then you need to do this from within DAC, which is also possible.

O.k. looks like it might be worth another look then, thanks to you and '@DMarkwick' for clearing my confusion.

I will test it out and see how I get on.:)

O.k. looks like it might be worth another look then, thanks to you and '@DMarkwick' for clearing my confusion.

I will test it out and see how I get on.:)

specifically for gl4, it depends how you have set that mod up. if you are using custom GL4 module etc you need to release spawned groups from DAC and add them to the array of GL4 custom groups. incidentally it is worth debugging GL4 occasionally, I have instances where I thought all the AI from both sides would be sync'd, but didn't work until I explicitly added all groups to the GL4 array.

things to do before ARMA 3 is released... how about fill every single island with custom missions. Honestly, there's some nice islands out there but they got no stock standard missions to play on which is kind of a pity. I'd probably like to fill them all :D (if I have time again. I'm currently busy again as of now).

So much nice islands to play, if only there's more missions.

Says the guy with 5,150 posts???

Haha

Look at his join date, then do the math. I'm sure you'll manage, eventually.

Look at his join date, then do the math.

My irony meter just blew.. :p

My irony meter just blew.. :p

To be clear, I was hinting at "posts per day" as a measure of "life" spent on the forums. ;)

I think the A3 sub-forums has been responsible for 1,000+ posts per regular user. :D

I think the A3 sub-forums has been responsible for 1,000+ posts per regular user. :D

Depends on how many of those are replies to "omg future" threads from the first few months...

Ok, so ARMA III's release is something we all are waiting for... And I bet a few other besides me is really keen on some news. At the same time, we understand that there is no use in nagging BI on the forums, so instead I suggest a thread with suggestions on how to shorten the wait!

So, how can we ensure that time passes with as much ease as possible, so that the wait doesn't feel as long? Preferably, I hope people suggest things here for ARMA II that is great, but that they think people haven't tried yet. With the wast amount of mods around, there has to be a few that people have missed that are really good. In other words, community standard mods like ACRE, ACE and so on doesn't really belong here. I'm looking for the hidden gems. Campaigns, mods and missions are all welcome... Or even other games that might help kill time.

My suggestion is project reality. I do know that it's not unknown in the community, but hasn't been too popular either. I think this is a shame, as it is very fun to play. It's one of the few game modes I've found where PvP feels fluent, along with Wasteland.

Looking forward for your replies!

I tried PR briefly and found that it was way to constricting, too many rules, locked vehicles etc... Unless they changed all that I am really not surprised people were turned off by it IMO....

Says the guy with 5,150 posts???

Haha

Says the guy who, out of the 5150 post never made a useless thread, just because he had too much times on his hands...

You can always check my post history.

You have been around for less than 1 month, and you already have 2 of those threads under your belt.

For some, even more (maioneze and PurePassion, i am looking at you 2).

I played OFp back in the day as single player, missed A1, then when A2 came out I tried it, got kicked a lot from MP games for being a noob, then never played it again. Then DayZ came out and I tried that, had some fun, but most importantly met some other regular A2 players. This gave me a chance to play A2 properly and get some fun out of it now that I had some other people to play with that didn't just insta-kick me for being a noob. Now with A3 on the way, I am spending my time trying to get to grips with the editor and how to make missions and scripting etc. I figure the more time spent learning this stuff now for A2 will pay off when A3 comes out.

In regards to quality missions, Escape Cherno has been the one we have been able to play over and over and always get fun out of it. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?130988-Escape-Chernarus-(Mission-Release)

Edited by ssechaud

You have to love when people pull the RL card... that never gets old. Oh wait...

My things to do list before Arma 3 is released:

Look at CPU/RAM upgrade.

Look at Monitor Upgrade.

Look at GPU Upgrade.

And most importantly:

Say Goodbye to the family and tell them I love them while I'm away in Lemnos :D