Sign in to follow this  
frostshazzy

Different Camo for soldier In Arma3?

In the gallery of arma3, there are one picture which OPFor soldier are wearing "Urban"(Blue+white+black) OPFor camo.

and one pic which the Nato soldiers in the little bird are wearing blue shirt instead of Multicam.

Nato soldiers wearing blue shirt

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1202_22.jpg (258 kB)

OPFor Soilder wearing their "2035"Super "Bule" Limited edition camo.

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1107_018.jpg (303 kB)

In the confirmed features section they say that you can have different gear, clothes and so on.

Citation from mentioned thread.

"Customizable Soldier Load:

Choose your uniform (2), assemble your weapon kit, change your load out, get loaded up."

Last word on this was that there will be different sets of camo for any given uniform, this was early 2012 though. I don´t think anything was mentioned about this at GC, but I didn´t inquire about this, and I am not sure anybody else did.

Anyways, the Uniform (in different layers), the vest, the helmet, eyewear and weapon attachments were already demonstrated as customizeable at Gamescon. So I think altering camo for any Uniform set is within the realm of the possible.

I'd sure love some Rainbow Six Vegas 2 style customization. Well, in a more... Realistic sense with the camo. No pink or rainbow camos.

I'd sure love some Rainbow Six Vegas 2 style customization. Well, in a more... Realistic sense with the camo. No pink or rainbow camos.

Pink camo is awesome! It really stands out.

Makes all the snipers jealous

I feel a lot of friendly fire comming up on (public) servers.

just hoping that they have a good system to se friendlys more clearly...

We can trust that Dsyclecxi and ShackTac will provide a lot of Ninja footage with this feature... :D

I noted this before, and It seems to be confirmed. Also In another screenshot you can see the camo on the Iranian soldier's helmet changes.

I hope the CAMO is more than just a texture over a generic model. MARPAT shouldn't be on an ACU or generic uniform, it should be on the proper uniform.

Hell, if there's a decent MARPAT I'll be happy to be honest, haha.

I don't think the united states marines have been confirmed to be in there- just the US Army 7th ID... and from the ARG, there is something about a special operations unit, of which the main character is a part of. I believe he was formerly of the British SBS or SAS or something.

I hope the CAMO is more than just a texture over a generic model. MARPAT shouldn't be on an ACU or generic uniform, it should be on the proper uniform.

Hell, if there's a decent MARPAT I'll be happy to be honest, haha.

No worries from what I can understand. You choose your uniform and with it comes the correspondent camo. For example if you choose ACU it will always come with the UCP pattern.

For the marines for example (if they get added later) you would have the Utility Uniform with MARPAT variations, woodland and desert. These would however be two different items in-game.

just hoping that they have a good system to se friendlys more clearly...

There is already several ways to identify units with friendly tags. It just depends on the difficulty and/or the map or mod you're playing with. But honestly this isn't really needed after you play for a while. Use their helmet to identify friendlies or foe. For opfor, typically it's either some sort of turban (or hat), or a "pointed" style helmet. Blufor units usually have a "rounded" helmet. You can even realize this at great distances after awhile :cool:

Was even easier in vanilla ofp & vanilla arma, as there weren't such an array of unit types.

I am much look forward to some unique camouflage suit (Like the suit in ghost recon future soldier :shoot:) << If someone going to make one

It's fuckin cool and I love the style of it . Also missions will going be madness !!:cc:

WHAT THE????

Okay now seriously where is this video showing uniform, clothes and such being customizable? and How did I miss this??

I need a link or something cause I been following this for ages and not seen that bit.

WHAT THE????

Okay now seriously where is this video showing uniform, clothes and such being customizable? and How did I miss this??

I need a link or something cause I been following this for ages and not seen that bit.

I dunno if there´s a video demonstrating it, but I have tried this system myself at gamescom.

Basically it is broken down into Headgear, Eyewear, Vest and a Clothing Combo underneath that. I didn´t have the time to try it out, but from what could be gathered from other people who were at GC, as well as things stated here, the Vest or absence of it will define physical space on your body to carry gear. Vest, eyewear and headgear will also influence your protection value (Body armour will be simulated). Clothes influence your concealment value (At least, I hope they will be able to implement this.). All Items have weight, which will influence your stamina depending on how heavily you work out.

Some screenshots show Iranian soldiers with differently camouflaged thermosuits, so we expect that clothing will also be available in different types of colouration and camouflage.

This also means that if you want a soldier addon, you basically can break everything down into items. Instead of making six models each with a different vest and camo, the Idea seems to be that you make simply two vests, two suits, two helmets and different camos for each (hidden selections?). The improved Editor will also hopefully at last have an inventory editor (Not confirmed or even mentioned, but srsly BI, we need dis) so you can exchange gear as you please.

The same will go for weapons, which will have three slots on them (Scope, Muzzle Device, Laser/Flashlight). So instead of 200 different models in your addon, you only need 2 Rifles for each combination (With GL, without GL, for example), all your scopes, and all your desired muzzle devices. And, again, hopefully a way to change textures for those Items as needed.

Also:

Iranian Urban camo: http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/steamarma3_4_16471.jpg

Iranian Temperate: http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/steamarma3_1_16471.jpg

Fun times ahead!

The improved Editor will also hopefully at last have an inventory editor (Not confirmed or even mentioned, but srsly BI, we need dis) so you can exchange gear as you please.

Negative. A loadout editor was confirmed by Marel Spanel during a video from Gamescom 2012. Will try to find it. Karel confirmed something else, about less scripting knowledge needed to operate the mission editor.

Edited by HKFlash

I really hope That camo WILL be useful.

In A2, when hiding in ghillie and silenced sniper rifle, the AI does spot us, even at 300m or more, which is not possible.

I do hope this kind of things will disappear from ArmA 3.

Negative. A loadout editor was confirmed by Marel Spanel during a video from Gamescom 2012. Will try to find it. Karel confirmed something else, about less scripting knowledge needed to operate the mission editor.

Neat, I was sure I missed something. I do remember about the more easily accessible mission editor functions, but that was pertaining to an ingame briefing editor.

I really hope That camo WILL be useful.

In A2, when hiding in ghillie and silenced sniper rifle, the AI does spot us, even at 300m or more, which is not possible.

I do hope this kind of things will disappear from ArmA 3.

it doesn't matter in arma2 if you wear a ghillie suit or not because the AI is like randomly searching the map if they spot you, you are compromise.

The larger the skill rank the faster they could indentify/search.

it doesn't matter in arma2 if you wear a ghillie suit or not because the AI is like randomly searching the map if they spot you, you are compromise.

The larger the skill rank the faster they could indentify/search.

Wrong.

Arma AI will have a harder time spotting you if you wear a ghillie suit

The thing about less knowledge about scripting is an in-editor briefing editor.

Neat, I was sure I missed something. I do remember about the more easily accessible mission editor functions, but that was pertaining to an ingame briefing editor.

See above.

Well if they do not have it where you can pick between a variety of camo then I can guarantee you 99% that somebody will be making some camo for you to pick from