ollem

TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

hey ollem, in your script version all i had to do was change the ca/data/cl_basic.p3d to a3/data_f/cl_basic.p3d...

thats all you have to change .. any way to slip that debuging back in??

Hi Ollem

Bad news mate, the whole thing just locks up the game hard as soon as I fire a bullet near an enemy. If I just try to suppress my own side, they get the green debug balls OK. This is playing SP. Latest dev build, no other mods except CBA A3 (beta 4). The rpt doesn't seem to contain anything useful.

Hi Ollem

Bad news mate, the whole thing just locks up the game hard as soon as I fire a bullet near an enemy. If I just try to suppress my own side, they get the green debug balls OK. This is playing SP. Latest dev build, no other mods except CBA A3 (beta 4). The rpt doesn't seem to contain anything useful.

That's weird.. too bad.

I have to admit I haven't tried SP for a long time... could be related to SP vs MP - will have a look at that.

Any chance to share your mission file?

=== UPDATE 1 ===

I'm facing the lock ups too - something has been really messed up in the latest update.... stay tuned while trying to fix it

=== UPDATE 2 ===

The lock up issue seems to only occur with debug enabled (1 or 2) - without debug the code seems to be okay

I'll continue the bug hunt...

---------- Post added at 07:20 ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 ----------

hey ollem, in your script version all i had to do was change the ca/data/cl_basic.p3d to a3/data_f/cl_basic.p3d...

thats all you have to change .. any way to slip that debuging back in??

Many thanks for the hint! I'll add the debug smoke back in again - once I've sorted out the issues reported by e.g. tpw

Edited by Ollem

i've found the issue: it's the debug flagpoles which are spawned by the search-cover and civie-run functions..

The class name has been changed and trying to create this non-existing object just simply kills the system.

Updated code by tomorrow.

i've found the issue: it's the debug flagpoles which are spawned by the search-cover and civie-run functions..

The class name has been changed and trying to create this non-existing object just simply kills the system.

Updated code by tomorrow.

You are a magician!

*cough* Don't forget the A2 version, with the undefined variables *cough* :)

Updated version which should no longer kill the system: tpwcas_a3_v05_script.zip

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

*cough* Don't forget the A2 version, with the undefined variables *cough* :)

I won't forget: I actually already have updated my rusty ArmA2 to latest level - haven't started it yet.

Once the A3 version works again, it should be easy to fix A2 version too.

Updated version which should no longer kill the system: tpwcas_a3_v05_script.zip

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

I won't forget: I actually already have updated my rusty ArmA2 to latest level - haven't started it yet.

wow i didnt realise an a3 version of this essentail existed. very cool!!!

if it helps i found this error

Error Undefined variable in expression: ka_60
File C:\Users\fam\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\2legs\missions\aaaaa.Stratis\tpwcas\tpwcas_getcover.sqf, line 40
Error in expression < 0) select 2));

_bbr = boundingBoxReal Ka_60; 
_p1 = _bbr select 0; 
_p2 = _bbr>
 Error position: <Ka_60; 
_p1 = _bbr select 0; 
_p2 = _bbr>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: ka_60
File C:\Users\fam\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\2legs\missions\aaaaa.Stratis\tpwcas\tpwcas_getcover.sqf, line 40

Oops.. those lines shouldn't have been there anymore - updated the file - please download again

tpwcas_a3_v05_script.zip

awesome, that error doesnt pop up.

but... one more thing now pops up. happened twice so far.

Aagin, cant express how stoked i am to find this mod still alive. thanks!

Error in expression <ance = 1;
};

if( isNull _projectile
|| !{ (alive _projectile) }
|| { _t - _time>
 Error position: <!{ (alive _projectile) }
|| { _t - _time>
 Error !: Type code, expected Bool
File C:\Users\fam\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\2legs\missions\aaaaa.Stratis\tpwcas\tpwcas_bdetect.sqf, line 631

Error in expression <ance = 1;
};

if( isNull _projectile
|| { _t - _time>
 Error position: <!{ (alive _projectile) }
|| { _t - _time>
 Error !: Type code, expected Bool
File C:\Users\fam\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\2legs\missions\aaaaa.Stratis\tpwcas\tpwcas_bdetect.sqf, line 631

This part of the code is triggered when throwing grenades, shooting AT, etc.

I'm at work now so can't verify, but changing line 631 should fix it:

to

|| { !(alive _projectile) } 

I've updated the .zip file again to include this fix:

tpwcas_a3_v05_script.zip

Yes please! Keep in mind ArmA II will still be played in hundred years! Glad to see this is developed for A3.

For the daring and impatient ones only!: ArmA 2 updated Beta script version for latest ArmA2 patch.

Fully untested but based on the A3 updates so fingers crossed it should work :P

Arma2_script_version_50b.zip (update: link removed due to (beta) .pbo + script release below)

feedback appreciated.

Edited by Ollem

Any chance of a 'mod'/pbo version? If so I can throw it up onto our systems here for testing (especially to see if those undefined variables are squashed) :)

For the daring and impatient ones only!: ArmA 2 updated Beta script version for latest ArmA2 patch.

Fully untested but based on the A3 updates so fingers crossed it should work :P

Arma2_script_version_50b.zip

feedback appreciated.

Thanks for keeping up with A2! 8) It´s quite an essential and I use it with i44 and other WW2 related mods only.

Any chance of a 'mod'/pbo version? If so I can throw it up onto our systems here for testing (especially to see if those undefined variables are squashed) :)

Arma2 updated version compatible with recent A2 beta: tpwcas5.0.zip

Link contains both pbo and script version for ARMA 2 only!

Note: I only briefly tested this version: it started without error messages for me, and debug balls told me it it should work....

Please share results to let us know if it really works. Thanks!

Cheers Ollem, will test forthwith & post back within the hour.

Edit: having just about finished my new system build, I did a quick test with 4.5 & buggin (balls plus bdetect logging on), wored fine. However 5.0 didn't seem to work properly - no sign of suppression, no debug balls or messages.

I may have cocked something up being a bit pressed for time, so don't start re-coding yet!

I'll have another go before I start work in the morning.

Edited by Orcinus
New info

Brilliant - I'll get this updated across our servers and get back to you once I have more information to share :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic. Since you took over development of this you will be the one being able to maintain the pages (in the future!).

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Ollem, I've noticed while testing out TPWCAS (and another WIP suppression system I'm working on), that setunitpos "MIDDLE" seems quite buggy in A3. If a unit has a waypoint (editor set or from something else like UPS), and is given a setunitpos "MIDDLE" command, they behave strangely if a subsequent setunitpos command (eg "UP" or "AUTO") is given. In the case of armed units, they remain crouched constantly lowering and raising their weapons. Unarmed units simply remain crouched.

If a unit is given setunitpos "DOWN", they will happily change stance once a subsequent setunitpos command is given.

AI members of the players squad don't exhibit the bug, nor do AI without waypoints.

If you can confirm this, I will put a ticket up on the A3 tracker.

Edited by tpw

Hi, how do I turn off debugging features in latest A3 script version? (smoke, colored balls). I looked through readme and the script itself but due to lack of knowledge didnt figure it out. Thanks

hi. digging this. if it helps i have found an eror message

Error in expression <nemybulletcount";     

_newaccuracy = (_originalaccuracy - (( _originalaccuracy>
 Error position: <_originalaccuracy - (( _originalaccuracy>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _originalaccuracy
File C:\Users\fam\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\2legs\missions\aaaaa.Stratis\tpwcas\tpwcas_decskill.sqf, line 39

Hi, how do I turn off debugging features in latest A3 script version? (smoke, colored balls). I looked through readme and the script itself but due to lack of knowledge didnt figure it out. Thanks

tpwcas_init.sqf line 51: modify to tpwcas_debug = 0;

//DEBUGGING. 0 = NO DEBUGGING, 1 = DISPLAY COLOURED BALLS OVER ANY SUPPRESSED UNITS, 2 = BALLS + BDETECT LOGGING. 
if(isNil "tpwcas_debug") then {
	tpwcas_debug = 1;
	}; 

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

hi. digging this. if it helps i have found an eror message

Error in expression <nemybulletcount";     

_newaccuracy = (_originalaccuracy - (( _originalaccuracy>
 Error position: <_originalaccuracy - (( _originalaccuracy>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _originalaccuracy
File C:\Users\fam\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\2legs\missions\aaaaa.Stratis\tpwcas\tpwcas_decskill.sqf, line 39

Thanks for the feedback!

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Ollem, I've noticed while testing out TPWCAS (and another WIP suppression system I'm working on), that setunitpos "MIDDLE" seems quite buggy in A3. If a unit has a waypoint (editor set or from something else like UPS), and is given a setunitpos "MIDDLE" command, they behave strangely if a subsequent setunitpos command (eg "UP" or "AUTO") is given. In the case of armed units, they remain crouched constantly lowering and raising their weapons. Unarmed units simply remain crouched.

If a unit is given setunitpos "DOWN", they will happily change stance once a subsequent setunitpos command is given.

AI members of the players squad don't exhibit the bug, nor do AI without waypoints.

If you can confirm this, I will put a ticket up on the A3 tracker.

I've to admit I didn't notice it yet. I'll have a look at it later and see if I'll spot this too.