ollem

TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

Oh dear!

And the correction seemed so straightforward :(

Is the author the only person who is able to edit a .pbo?

No, but the authors are the only ones that can fix the addon and release it in a form suitable for wider public use. (They are the only ones that can sign it properly)

I'll fix - wrap - sign the addon asap - too busy now but I aim to release before the weekend..

I am in doubt : do I still have to launch TWPLOS with TWPCAS or TPWLOS is now inclued in TPWCAS ?

EDIT : oh btw I'm talking about A2 not A3 version

I am in doubt : do I still have to launch TWPLOS with TWPCAS or TPWLOS is now inclued in TPWCAS ?

EDIT : oh btw I'm talking about A2 not A3 version

TPWLOS has been embedded in TPWCAS for quite a while already.

However, the embedded version is a modified version for Mulitplayer compatibiliy.

For Single player if you like TPWLOS I do recommend to use TPWLOS from TPWMOD.

I'll fix - wrap - sign the addon asap - too busy now but I aim to release before the weekend..

I'm happy I didn't specify which weekend :p

Here updated ArmA2 version which should work with latest A2 patch:

tpwcas_arma2_v5.5.zip

(please let me know if it works - I haven't had the chance to test it...)

LOL!!!! Thx buddy...;)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic. Since you took over development of this you will be the one being able to maintain the pages (in the future!).

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

TPWLOS has been embedded in TPWCAS for quite a while already.

However, the embedded version is a modified version for Mulitplayer compatibiliy.

For Single player if you like TPWLOS I do recommend to use TPWLOS from TPWMOD.

I have a question regarding TPWLOS for ArmA II. If I remember, the embedded version in CAS is one that applies only in AI vs Player, whereas the standalone is AI vs AI and Player vs AI. What I wanted to ask was something a little more technical. I've no idea if you plan on updating it, but I've noticed the last few times I've used it, if I'm squad leader or alone in single player, I can visually get a red target marker over the enemy automatically, which I find weird. Usually it only is supposed to show up when you're asked to target a foe from someone who had more authority. Do you have any idea why that happens? It seems weird that if I'm walking and I don't actually see anyone, the game has gone out of its way to mark enemies for me. :P

I have a question regarding TPWLOS for ArmA II. If I remember, the embedded version in CAS is one that applies only in AI vs Player, whereas the standalone is AI vs AI and Player vs AI. What I wanted to ask was something a little more technical. I've no idea if you plan on updating it, but I've noticed the last few times I've used it, if I'm squad leader or alone in single player, I can visually get a red target marker over the enemy automatically, which I find weird. Usually it only is supposed to show up when you're asked to target a foe from someone who had more authority. Do you have any idea why that happens? It seems weird that if I'm walking and I don't actually see anyone, the game has gone out of its way to mark enemies for me. :P

This behavior was reported exactly one year ago by a few people, but after that I never heard anyone complain about it.

It's very likely linked to embedded TPWLOS indeed.

I had a look in the previous TPWCAS thread and found my own post telling I finally had seen it and thought I had it fixed.

However, we usually have it disabled when we played A2 and have moved to A3 now.

So therefore I'm sorry but I'm afraid it will be a very low priority issue for me :-/

If you increase difficulty it seems to go away.

If that is no option I recommend to use the 'original' TPWLOS for SP.

Hi Ollem. We tested the new Version on our Dedi + HC but can´t get TPWCAS to work.

We tried running TPWCAS on both Server and HC, HC only and Server only. The Debugg markers never show up. They immediately start to appear (ad the AI starts to do intelligent things) when we disconnect the HC.

We tried using mode 3 and 2, no difference.

Any ideas?

This behavior was reported exactly one year ago by a few people, but after that I never heard anyone complain about it.

It's very likely linked to embedded TPWLOS indeed.

I had a look in the previous TPWCAS thread and found my own post telling I finally had seen it and thought I had it fixed.

However, we usually have it disabled when we played A2 and have moved to A3 now.

So therefore I'm sorry but I'm afraid it will be a very low priority issue for me :-/

If you increase difficulty it seems to go away.

If that is no option I recommend to use the 'original' TPWLOS for SP.

I think there seems to be confusion. If by original LOS you mean the standalone..that's exactly where this issue comes from. It does not come from the embedded LOS with CAS. TPWLOS is the cause of this, not the embedded version in TPWCAS. Disabling the standalone addon removes this problem. I was just curious as to why it exists there. Both builds seem to still involve the AI vs the player, so I don't know why the standalone makes an auto-lock-on-ish thing occur. :P

Here updated ArmA2 version which should work with latest A2 patch:

tpwcas_arma2_v5.5.zip

(please let me know if it works - I haven't had the chance to test it...)

It doesn't - there are still references to undefined variables. This is from the log of a dedicated server with TPWCAS 5.5:

Error in expression <) && ( isMultiPlayer ) ) then 
{  
if ( tpwcas_debug > 0 ) then 
{
diag_log form>
 Error position: <tpwcas_debug > 0 ) then 
{
diag_log form>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: tpwcas_debug
File tpwcas\init.sqf, line 91
Error in expression <er) ) then 
{
tpwcas_mode = 1;
};

if ( tpwcas_debug > 0 ) then 
{
diag_log form>
 Error position: <tpwcas_debug > 0 ) then 
{
diag_log form>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: tpwcas_debug
File tpwcas\init.sqf, line 42

As you can see, it is the global variable tpwcas_debug that is being referenced before it has been defined.

Looking at tpwcas\init.sqf, I believe this issue has an easy fix. The initialization of tpwcas_debug currently happens on line 148, and only on the server.

However, tpwcas_debug is checked client-side as well (for example, that happens on line 25 in single-player mode).

Suggestion: move line 148 to a spot somewhere before line 10 so as to make sure tpwcas_debug is initialized before it is referenced. Just to be clear - line 148 is this one:

if (isNil "tpwcas_debug") then { tpwcas_debug = getnumber(configfile>> "tpwcas_key_setting" >> "tpwcas_debug"); };

Edited by Killswitch

Thanks for the feedback - I'll release fixed release asap/soon :p

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Hi Ollem. We tested the new Version on our Dedi + HC but can´t get TPWCAS to work.

Any ideas?

I'll have a look at HC again, though HC has issues in general.

The logic I use to determine the HC target is based on 'player', but I think I noticed that HC in some cases doesn't have a local 'player' object anymore.

Depends on the way the HC connects, and there things are not straightforward either.

The above is applicable for ArmA3.

do you have this issues with ArmA 2?

(HC for A2 used to work. I'm afraid I'm no longer able to support A2 HC due to lack of A2 environment, but I'm open for suggestions)

Edited by Ollem

Thanks Ollem. While you're at it, I found another quirk. It's the last line of twpcas_init:

diag_log format ["%1 - %2 Active - tpwcas_mode: [%2]", time, _version, tpwcas_mode];

Do you see it? :-) "%2" occurs twice, so you never see the TPWCAS mode value in the log.

diag_log format ["%1 - %2 Active - tpwcas_mode: [%3]", time, _version, tpwcas_mode];

Thanks for your continued support and improving this addon!

Thanks for the feedback - I'll release fixed release asap/soon :p

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

I'll have a look at HC again, though HC has issues in general.

The logic I use to determine the HC target is based on 'player', but I think I noticed that HC in some cases doesn't have a local 'player' object anymore.

Depends on the way the HC connects, and there things are not straightforward either.

The above is applicable for ArmA3.

do you have this issues with ArmA 2?

(HC for A2 used to work. I'm afraid I'm no longer able to support A2 HC due to lack of A2 environment, but I'm open for suggestions)

Yes, I´m talking about TPWCAS for Arma 2. No matter what we tried we couldn´t get it to work as long as the HC was connected to the server (We tried the previous TPWCAS version too, just to be sure).

Do you have any general tipps of how to run TPWCAS on a HC?

We had both TPWCAS and ASR_AI running on the server and on the HC. We also tried AI Mods only on Server and only on HC setups. All AI were local to the HC but acted like they were braindead (Not reacting to shots unless you actually hit a member of the group, beeing very slow in close range engagements etc.). The AI immediately started to "be smart" when we disconnected the HC.

A shame really. We planed to use the HC for a mission this afternoon...

Limited time - Quick fix - untested though..:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96469595/tpwcas5.51/tpwcas5.51.zip

Please let me know if this solves the error.

Sadly it didn´t fix the issue. Here is a part of the HC RPT:

5.046 - TPWCAS v5.5 Initiated - tpwcas_mode: [3]"

"5.046 - TPWCAS v5.5 supported version of ASR_AI found"

"--- tpwcas parameters ---------------------------------------------------"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_mode - [3]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_ir - [20]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_st - [10]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_bulletlife - [1]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_skillsup - [1]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_minskill - [0.15]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_reveal - [0]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_canflee - [0]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_getcover - [1]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_coverdist - [7]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_playershake - [0]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_playervis - [0]"

"5.146 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_debug - [1]"

"-------------------------------------------------------------------------"

"5.654 - TPWCAS mainloop started"

"5.654 - TPWCAS Debug started"

And later

"39.746 Frame:6165 'tpwcas_fnc_debug()' - Added debug ball for O 1-4-E:1"

"40.031 Frame:6179 'tpwcas_fnc_debug()' - Added debug ball for O 1-4-E:2"

"40.138 Frame:6184 'tpwcas_fnc_debug()' - Added debug ball for O 1-4-E:3"

"41.262 Frame:6239 'tpwcas_fnc_debug()' - Added debug ball for O 1-4-E:4"

Error in expression <

_inc = 0.10;

if (_currentaccuracy < _originalaccuracy) then

{

_newaccuracy>

Error position: <_originalaccuracy) then

{

_newaccuracy>

Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _originalaccuracy

File tpwcas\tpwcas_incskill.sqf, line 23

Okay - this is a new error I do recognize from the A3 version and I can use that same file to fix it

Error in expression <

_inc = 0.10;

if (_currentaccuracy < _originalaccuracy) then

{

_newaccuracy>

Error position: <_originalaccuracy) then

{

_newaccuracy>

Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _originalaccuracy

File tpwcas\tpwcas_incskill.sqf, line 23

This is a problem with the assignments for _originalaccuracy, _originalshake and _originalcourage on lines 12-14 of tpwcas_incskill.sqf. Those assignments can be safeguarded like this:

_originalaccuracy = _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_originalaccuracy", _unit skill "aimingaccuracy"];
_originalshake = _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_originalshake", _unit skill "aimingshake"];
_originalcourage = _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_originalcourage", _unit skill "courage"];

A similar thing can be done in tpwcas_decskill.sqf:

_originalaccuracy = _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_originalaccuracy", _unit skill "aimingaccuracy"];        
_originalshake = _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_originalshake", _unit skill "aimingshake"];     
_originalcourage = _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_originalcourage", _unit skill "courage"];        
_shots = _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_enemybulletcount", 0];

Nope, didn´t help. We will investigate this further, I´ll stay in touch with you.

Nope, didn´t help. We will investigate this further, I´ll stay in touch with you.

Does not work at all or not with HC?

If it does not work at all could you please share some (error) log messages?

Any feedback on v5.51? Does it work with ArmA 2?