Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98148 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

it's really problem. few day ago i fired missile near AI (1.5-3m) but he alive and can standing/move/run

it's really problem. few day ago i fired missile near AI (1.5-3m) but he alive and can standing/move/run
There is nothing wrong with that.

Well if it was an AT warhead then there shouldn´t be any lethal fragmentation effects. A Dual purpose warhead should injure him

There are fragments which do fly around and do hit/wound someone in close range of the impact. Explosions are not that clean or tidy and within fragment/blast radius anyone incl. AI should not be able to take precise shots!! Just play "E06: Littlebird" and watch how unaffected/unharmed the AI disembarks out of just destroyed/burning vehicles and how fast they can turn, shoot + hit the maneuvering Littlebird. Something like a temporary shock and AI moving fast to next hardcover/hideout would give AI some "life" and increase the authentic or immersive points of Armaverse....

There are fragments which do fly around and do hit/wound someone in close range of the impact. Explosions are not that clean or tidy and within fragment/blast radius anyone incl. AI should not be able to take precise shots!! Just play "E06: Littlebird" and watch how unaffected/unharmed the AI disembarks out of just destroyed/burning vehicles and how fast they can turn, shoot + hit the maneuvering Littlebird. Something like a temporary shock and AI moving fast to next hardcover/hideout would give AI some "life" and increase the authentic or immersive points of Armaverse....
that's indeed very true. the grates danger for the AT soldier in ArmA is indeed the thre snipers that jump from the tank and are prepared to fire at your exact location.

that's indeed very true. the grates danger for the AT soldier in ArmA is indeed the thre snipers that jump from the tank and are prepared to fire at your exact location.

I can't believe that this still hasn't been fixed. It's been one of my biggest gripes for years. It is perhaps the biggest single breaker in the suspension of disbelief.

We call them "tank ninjas".

We fear them almost as much as the armoured vehicle itself!

Well that is true

Well if it was an AT warhead then there shouldn´t be any lethal fragmentation effects. A Dual purpose warhead should injure him

Hoooold on a minute there.

According to U.S. army manuals, even the AT round of the RPG-7 creates a handful of large fragments that are lethal out to 250 meters.

Explosives are dangerous and unpredictable. Even an AT round can kill you at range, or detonate at your feet and leave you largely unharmed. Either way, the 2m damage radius of HEAT warheads in the ArmA engine is laughable. What the game seriously needs is a practical long-range frag system like the one in ACE 2.

Hoooold on a minute there.

According to U.S. army manuals, even the AT round of the RPG-7 creates a handful of large fragments that are lethal out to 250 meters.

Explosives are dangerous and unpredictable. Even an AT round can kill you at range, or detonate at your feet and leave you largely unharmed. Either way, the 2m damage radius of HEAT warheads in the ArmA engine is laughable. What the game seriously needs is a practical long-range frag system like the one in ACE 2.

I agree with that!

Not every shot is a tracer round.....

Exactly ... only tracers seems to hit target ...you know HE rounds are easy to spot ^^

Besides,all Tunguskas bullets are tracers ...

Edited by On_Sabbatical

I can't believe that this still hasn't been fixed. It's been one of my biggest gripes for years. It is perhaps the biggest single breaker in the suspension of disbelief.

We call them "tank ninjas".

We fear them almost as much as the armoured vehicle itself!

A simple solution to this long standing issue would be to remove any weapons except the pistol for AI tank crew. Maybe not the best way to solve it but surely the quickest.

/KC

A simple solution to this long standing issue would be to remove any weapons except the pistol for AI tank crew. Maybe not the best way to solve it but surely the quickest.

/KC

And here comes the "AI stuck with Pistol" bug (don´t know if it has been fixed)

never ever see this. Ever. But then I do play ACE and have forever. But Crew jumping out of tanks and perfect shooting you with a short AK/m4... never seen that. And the AT guys ALWAYS shoot level at tanks, never ever at the ground.(ACE wins again). AND AT guys can miss, and do with ACE/TWP_AI,ASR. Of course you cant use allot of cool mods(PRACs) with ACE so there is a trade off there... but almost all the stuff you guys run up against I never see...I play 6- 10hrs a session, and no crashes, or wacked game behavior...

never ever see this. Ever. But then I do play ACE and have forever. But Crew jumping out of tanks and perfect shooting you with a short AK/m4... never seen that. And the AT guys ALWAYS shoot level at tanks, never ever at the ground.(ACE wins again). AND AT guys can miss, and do with ACE/TWP_AI,ASR. Of course you cant use allot of cool mods(PRACs) with ACE so there is a trade off there... but almost all the stuff you guys run up against I never see...I play 6- 10hrs a session, and no crashes, or wacked game behavior...

Crewmen are the most accurate soldiers in the game,when you disable a tank the crew gets out and shoot you instantly with extrem accuracy ... it's like they inherit the tank's gun accuracy :D

I don't have a good repro for this,but i am ready to make a video on it :D

Crewmen are the most accurate soldiers in the game,when you disable a tank the crew gets out and shoot you instantly with extrem accuracy ... it's like they inherit the tank's gun accuracy :D

because they inherited information about your location :)

because they inherited information about your location :)

I didn't mention spotting stuff,just accuracy !

A guy who gets out of a tank that received 2 RPG should be drunk-like for 2 mins !

I'm pretty sure accuracy is based on the ai's knowledge of (how well they spot) the target. My guess is that when the tank is disabled, the ai instantly gain precise information about the killer, allowing them to return pinpoint accurate fire. Just a guess however. It's probably more complex then that.

Ideally ai accuracy and spotting ability should be effected by everything on the battle field. Explosions, friendly casualties, sonic cracks, types of optics etc. Would make for more dynamic firefights rather than a timed turkey shoot. But this is probably arma 3 territory.

Getting lots of LOD switching with this beta.

Please see following video for example. Excuse the swearing etc. My mate was letting off some steam about his mobile phone.

WDsn75ybR9U

Yes I know it's DayZ, but it still happens without DayZ running.

And here comes the "AI stuck with Pistol" bug (don´t know if it has been fixed)

It's been fixed a while ago.

I've made missions with AI running about shooting each other with pistols and they worked flawlessly.

A guy who gets out of a tank that received 2 RPG should be drunk-like for 2 mins !

check Syria videos on yt - crew dead or live after attack.If they jump out of burning tank they perfectly fine,but normally try run away :)

no need to go far away ... have you ever had a car accident ? i did once, and when you get out of the car you have huge orientation problems.

For a massive vehicle like tank getting hit by rockets, the G force is much higher !

Edited by On_Sabbatical