Sign in to follow this  
WA Lancer

Schwemlitz, Germany WIP

5x5 Island

1:1ish Scale

real height map data.

Height map data is kinda skewed because it was shuttle mission radar telemetry and there are these magical hills where all the forests are. Radar is funny like that ya know.

Goal Is to recreate the terrain as accurately as possible.

So far I have put in one barn complex and the town of Schwemlitz. There are plans for adding in Bruchwedel and GroB Malchau.

It is currently still being worked on and I need to edit the sat map and clean up the roads.

LOTS of touching up to be done.

Google Maps of the real life location http://goo.gl/maps/cNef

Youtube Link for a drive through of my island.

9gfOm.jpg

ZRJvB.jpg

HexKG.jpg

N9BvE.jpg

gKenp.jpg

PQCeD.jpg

z5B3A.jpg

Va62P.jpg

Qrc5a.jpg

Looks good!

Keep it up, nice to see more Germany in Arma2 :)

Likewise, looks great so far.

There are a few German maps around but this is a welcome addition.

This looks really good, I like the current German terrains available but another would be a great addition. Good luck with this and I will look forward to its release sometime in the future.

Thanks. :)

Nothing like playing with bundeswehr mod in the GErman countryside. Looking forward to this!

Hey guys I'm helping Lancer with this island. Here are some new screens from the town of Bruchwedel that I just finished.

Link to Imgur Album

lmYXQ.jpg

Entering town from the NW

l6Cib.jpg

Looking towards the K16 intersection

CIgC2.jpg

Middle of town

sbTok.jpg

East end of town, looking east

qP4YC.jpg

Panzergrenadiers on the south end of town overwatching the fields to the south

More WIP screens for everyone! Shifting focus to the town of Groß Malchau in the north east area of the terrain. Here the forested terrain just north of Bundesstraße 191 gives way to vast expanses of wheat and alfalfa fields punctuated by quaint farming villages. The entire town isn't done yet but I though I'd show off some progress.

Imgur Album

7ovLX.jpg

N3HgD.jpg

NZWb0.jpg

syje0.jpg

CzZ9p.jpg

KfYcd.jpg

Edited by Falcon_565

Glad to see people using my stuff better than I could. :)

We're pushing hard to get this into a public beta release state soon. My objective was to finish Groß Malchau today unfortunately that was a pipe dream, however I did manage to finish a few bits of it. Lancer finished adding numerous small logging roads into the forests. My plan is to post some screenshots of whatever is new in this thread once a day to motivate our development effort.

Imgur Album

yuV0J.jpg

Looking south out of Groß Malchau

z0uBY.jpg

Another looking south-southeast

sDdAH.jpg

Logging roads!

KIGR2.jpg

More Logging roads

VHw60.jpg

Russian airborne forces advance towards Bruchwedel from the south along K16

The grass' colour seems a little dissonant in a few places, especially in the 3rd and 4th pic, if I may give some constructive criticism. Beside that it looks amazing ;)

Hah, be sure to expect some feedback from me. :P

would be nice to see chernarussian grass, it looks more natural. The "rest" is perfect!

It is not clutter, It is an object. And that object is very frame rate friendly.

The only clutter I have on my island is low enough so it does not effect players vision when prone

The pics posted are really nice, its looking like a great island/terrain, I’m really looking forward to having a look around it.

Great job guys..:)

It is not clutter, It is an object. And that object is very frame rate friendly.

The only clutter I have on my island is low enough so it does not effect players vision when prone

thanks for answer. I understand. Is it possible to make it in a way optional? How I have to say it in english: it would be the last little piece for a really perfect island.