Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95417 (1.62 MP build)

It would be nice if the weapon actually had any influence on the damage. AFAIK, right now the bullet is the only thing that influences it, meaning the length of the barrel for example is pretty much irrelevant. An extra scaling factor for the weapon would be good.

Incorrect, weapons have barrel length (or more correctly, accuracy) multipliers.

Miracle: They will transmit at the lower quality (narrowband), but they will hear high quality clients with high quality.

What is this witchcraft!?! :D

Look forward to trying the new options.

Incorrect, weapons have barrel length (or more correctly, accuracy) multipliers.

Aren't those only for AI spread?

Well if Headshots are still lethal... Good Job!

I guess the only thing that should be tweaked are the SMGs

What config entry is that? AFAIR, things like muzzle velocity are purely part of the ammunition, not the weapon.

since that beta patch i have massiv graphic glitches. never got them before.

*edit* seems dayz related http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49740-graphical-bugs/page__st__20#entry476890

It's not DayZ related unless the DayZ specific changes in the patch did it.

I get the graphical glitches and crashes without DayZ even installed.

full-clip 0.45 spree from point-blank w/o lethal effect/impact/result ?

that would be lvl2/3 vest in best case.

even if 0.45 was HJP or other soft-point bullet.

basically BIS Angine lack wound/armor ballistic at all, presently.

some imitations was added by mods, but wasn't look promising "in general".

Nope, this one defines how fast weapon change direction, weapon's maneuver speed

Is it just me, or does AI now fire RPGs at choppers?

On another note, after installing the ACR lite, the civilians don't have textures anymore: i just can see the hands, the head and the feet (and the weapon if i use one). Need to retry that one though.

Edit: Nevermind, that texture issue seems to come from some conflict somewhere.

Edited by BlackMamb

Buggy pistol(s) G17 is back - just use two or three German KSK AI groups in a night time setup. Another handgun/pistol bug can be seen if AI is using pistols in prone position - something is stopping them to move out.... Please doublecheck + fix pistol/handgun bugs and/or make that no AI is having a pistol (or more than 2-3 pistol magazines) on default. Imo it makes no sense to equip AI with these weapons if they can't use them in a reasonable way. Keep it simple + working.... :)

The DayZ graphics glitches are apparently due to some models not being up-to-date, as addressed here.

IMO the damage nerfs are too strong. I play DayZ, and even though players look like they are wearing body armor, people shouldn't spawn with that kind of passive bullet resistance.

Also, I think headshot physics need to be tweaked. I can shoot someone in the neck or on the bottom half of the head with an L85A2/Lee Enfield/Mp5SD and they will not go down. However, I can shoot someone on the bill of their hat and they will die.

Buggy pistol(s) G17 is back - just use two or three German KSK AI groups in a night time setup. Another handgun/pistol bug can be seen if AI is using pistols in prone position - something is stopping them to move out.... Please doublecheck + fix pistol/handgun bugs and/or make that no AI is having a pistol (or more than 2-3 pistol magazines) on default. Imo it makes no sense to equip AI with these weapons if they can't use them in a reasonable way. Keep it simple + working.... :)

That one is there since ArmA I, ArmA II and OA. And it was actually never fixed.

The DayZ graphics glitches are apparently due to some models not being up-to-date, as addressed here.

IMO the damage nerfs are too strong. I play DayZ, and even though players look like they are wearing body armor, people shouldn't spawn with that kind of passive bullet resistance.

Also, I think headshot physics need to be tweaked. I can shoot someone in the neck or on the bottom half of the head with an L85A2/Lee Enfield/Mp5SD and they will not go down. However, I can shoot someone on the bill of their hat and they will die.

It's up to the DAYZ mod developer to update the mod config. You can have whatever settings you need and no doubt this will happen in time. This update is for the core game, BIS can't really be expected to be responsible for other peoples content. Some aspects of missions I have made stopped working and I had to make changes, it's the nature of Arma2.

any insights wrt the new net protocol? on my nix 1.60 server i used to be able to tcpdump game traffic and ngrep through it to effectively ban script kiddies.

can i post-process this tcpdump somehow? (i.e. unRap)

when i get report of 'someone spawned everyone as50s' i can no longer "do what i do"

please advise.

Hey guys,

Linux server anytime soon ?!

Stop asking... they said they are working on it.

Stop asking... they said they are working on it.

Why you didn't comment ?

Edited by On_Sabbatical