Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95417 (1.62 MP build)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22043295/ARMA2_OA_Build_95417.zip

[95406] Improved: Servers can set vonCodecQuality 11..20 for improved quality (wideband). Ultrawideband 21..30 will be possible in 1.63. The new setting requires a recent client on the talking side, server and listening clients can be any version.

note: in server config the VONcodecQuality setting now supports:

narrowband (8kHz) as range 1-10

wideband (16kHz) as range 11-20

(when version increase to 1.63 then also ultrawideband (32kHz) as range 21-30))

* notice this is first beta for 1.63 branch, but to keep MP compatibility with 1.62 we have it this way

this build does contain previous beta fixes/tweaks/improvements for NAT and server listing

BattlEye support status: ... SUPPORTED ...

Edited by Dwarden

I've got an idea for the next beta, revert those weapon changes you guys made for no reason (except the lee enfield, that can stay how it is)

Also, make sure you put those changes in the changelog. Not sure why you guys felt the need to attempt to hide all of those changes.

Edited by GossamerSolid

I've got an idea for the next beta, revert those weapon changes you guys made for no reason (except the lee enfield, that can stay how it is)
The issue hs two sides, while the Assault rifle nerf is reasonable that for handguns went to far...And why the hell was the 9x18 so powerfull, it has onyl half the egenrgy of a 9x19...the makarov is a pure blow back gun.

9x19 580 m/s 700 Joules.

9x18 319ms 318 Joules.

Edited by Beagle

Also, make sure you put those changes in the changelog. Not sure why you guys felt the need to attempt to hide all of those changes.

Because it is all conspiracy :p Or maybe we just forgot to list it? On the other hand, the changes have purpose and reasons but here is full description of changes made:

1) Grad and MLRS ammo were not able to knock out vehicles

2) Makarov, 545x39, .45, .303, Slug745 and Sa-61 ammo were more powerfull than they should be

changes in ca\weapons_E\cfgAmmo.hpp and Ca\weapons_E\LeeEnfield\config.cpp

Because it is all conspiracy :p Or maybe we just forgot to list it? On the other hand, the changes have purpose and reasons but here is full description of changes made:
No doubt the changes are resonable but without doubt a bit to "flat" done in just numbers. The 9x19 is very problematc here especially when used in submachineguns like the MP5 that should have a superior range and power compared to plain pistols with 115mm short barrels. For the PP-19 a lower performance is spot on. Edited by Beagle

No doubt the changes are resonable but without doubt a bit to "flat" done in just numbers. The 9x19 is very problematc here especially when used in submachineguns like the MP5 that should have a superior range and power compared to plain pistols with 115mm short barrels. For the PP-19 a lower performance is spot on.

Maybe the answer would be to create a new round type 9x19smg with an increase in performance to account for the longer barrel.

the changes have purpose and reasons

So in milsim-like game there's a reason for .45 cal gun to hit like 4 times in the chest to put down a man? Is this CoD or something? -69% damage (from 4500 to 1389) is not even overboard, it's total overkill.

Edited by Kyorikei

So in milsim-like game there's a reason for .45 cal gun to hit like 4 times in the chest to put down a man? Is this CoD or something?
Hello welcome to the World of MilSim where most oponents wear body armor, Even the good old Flak vests from the 80's had a good chance to stop a .45 round. If you want to test "stopping power on unarmoured opponets use civil units only and you will notice the difference. Keep in mind all combatant factions are considered wearing armour in ArmA. You can shoot a whole mag at point blank at the chest of someone wearing STANAG Lvl I Protection without much of an lethal effect.

There's armor option in difficulty settings right? If you want to simulate armor just make it so people can turn it on on every level of difficulty. So it will be up to server hosts if they want it on or off. Armor is not a valid reason to tweak damage.

VON update looks epic, hope server performance and bandwidth isnt effected ?

The option is "extra-armor" that is there for novices.

Soldiers in ArmA2 are always having armor obviously.

The option is "extra-armor" that is there for novices.

Soldiers in ArmA2 are always having armor obviously.

Yeah and know what, you can even see it when you look at the models ;)

Many reports over on DayZ website that there now seems to be heavy artifacts occurring in the game, aat the same spots for everyone who looks at them. Similar to the kind of artifacts that used to occur randomly, but isolated to individual and was fixed by shutting down.

Looking in Stary and Green Mountain, everyone sees the same thing.

Reporting here in case it is beta patch related.

I love the update! a couple problems, cant export missions for some reason,

And as far as the flight goes, formation flying is getting there, but I think you guys are definitely on the right path, I would love to see some fairly decent formation flying ability here, would be absolutely amazing. I realize you have to focus on other stuff, but there should be no netcode nowadays that cant support some smoother flying.

If i on my server set "VONcodecQuality=20;" how will it affect clients with pre-this patch ?

Wont they be able to use von or will they just use the old lower quality ?

Regarding the Ammo changes: Im fine with them after reading Beagels explanation. But what will happen if an AK-74 hits someone in the face after travelling 300 m? Will he go down? Because I think he should!

Regarding the Ammo changes: Im fine with them after reading Beagels explanation. But what will happen if an AK-74 hits someone in the face after travelling 300 m? Will he go down? Because I think he should!
Sometimes yes sometimes no, its a bit more unpredictable now and since the spread is higher at that range you cant be sure to hit where you aim at that range...300m is well at the limit for that round, speaking in real world terms. It seems easier with AK-107 but thats obviously to better precision.

1) Grad and MLRS ammo were not able to knock out vehicles

2) Makarov, 545x39, .45, .303, Slug745 and Sa-61 ammo were more powerfull than they should be

changes in ca\weapons_E\cfgAmmo.hpp and Ca\weapons_E\LeeEnfield\config.cpp

Did I understand this correct? With 1.62 it is now impossible to knock out vehicles with artillery? If so, could you please explain why?

Please confirm by short return. Thank you.

He said 'were not able', as in before. He means that they can knock out vehicles now.

So I misunderstood that quote. Thank you for the clarification colossus! :)

Sometimes yes sometimes no, its a bit more unpredictable now and since the spread is higher at that range you cant be sure to hit where you aim at that range...300m is well at the limit for that round, speaking in real world terms. It seems easier with AK-107 but thats obviously to better precision.

Tested with Kronzky's Moveable Target Range and AK107 PSO/AK74 PSO: Target is a russian rifleman at 300 meters. He allways went down with a headshot. You need 4 hits to the body for a kill. With 5.56x.45 rounds you need three hit for a kill. Headshots ar allways lethal.

Dorph;2196573']If i on my server set "VONcodecQuality=20;" how will it affect clients with pre-this patch ?

Wont they be able to use von or will they just use the old lower quality ?

Miracle: They will transmit at the lower quality (narrowband), but they will hear high quality clients with high quality.

Maybe the answer would be to create a new round type 9x19smg with an increase in performance to account for the longer barrel.

It would be nice if the weapon actually had any influence on the damage. AFAIK, right now the bullet is the only thing that influences it, meaning the length of the barrel for example is pretty much irrelevant. An extra scaling factor for the weapon would be good.