Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 94209 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Please note new commands:

publicVariableServer <varname>

Publishers the variable (name as STRING) to the server only. Useful when you want to synchronize a variable with the server but not any other clients.

<clientID> publicVariableClient <varname>

Publishes a variable (name as STRING) to a specific client, from the server. This is useful where you want to synchronize a variable with only a specific client. The Client ID is the temporary ID given to a connected client for that session. You can find out this ID with the owner command (using it on a player's character, for example, will give you that players client ID).

This is a useful way to cut down on network traffic, as publicVariable commands are issued as a priority message. So use publicVariable sparingly, and these commands where they apply.

• Like 2

Fuckin' 'ell...

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Wait, can the client one do client to client? That'd be really nice... Obviously it'd have to go across the server...

I guess we could roll our own though if not...

Wow, thanks BI. I'll be messing around with the these later on.

Basically use them in all situations where their purpose applies?

Are these commands also seen as priorities where they are used, like how publicVariable is a priority to all machines?

Really interesting new commands :D, we need those included on CBA ASAP wink wink :P. Mmm just gessing, publicVariableClient its only "server--> client" or could work "client-->client"? because the "owner" command seems to only work server side(i supose that you could do the owner command on the server and send the ID to the clients to allow client-->client...)

Anways most querrys should be server-->client, client-->server, client-->client would be only usefull for player interactions.

Testing them right now :).

publicVariableServer (run on client)

publicVariableClient (run on server)

Enjoy :)

• Like 2

Thank you very much for satisfying my request. I thought it'll be implemented in A3 but you did it in A2 :) Cool! The way to reduce network traffic. Xeno, don't forget about Tushino :))) It uses ACE mod in 100vs100 players battles and that new commands will be very-very usefull :) Thank you.

Edited by Prodavec

Xeno, don't forget about Tushino :)

It'll be in ACE once the next full patch (1.61) is available... :)

(I want to see more than 200 players on the server at once, lol)

Xeno

2 bugs SP Missions

- Gear from map in briefing before starting the mission : if i remove handgun from me or AI, guns ammunitions are deleted instead of handgun ammunitions.

- Channel group (green color) on the bottom left appears when mission begins.

Edited by EricFr

whew... registration with how many security and humanity checks? never seen so many. : / Almost like u don't want people in.

Anywho, bought and dnloaded thru steam the arma 2 combined ops. trying to get the beta 92409 build off of ...arma2.com/beta-patch.php

But, the problem I get is that when click any link for a zip file i get t popup that asks me to log in to download form this fto site...?

Dunno why I need to loggin, much les how to..

-----

note: ok wierd. Evidently registering for the forum counted as logging in for the ftp.... rather confusing but *shrug* Thot Id post in case osmeone else needed to know.

Edited by seddrik
typos

That happpens to me sometimes. I think it's because the server is too busy. You could try Six Updater, very useful program

You guys should add the ability to modify the channels even more. Such as vehicle, group, side, and global chat being dependent on whether or not the user has or is using a certain item. This item can be anything that the mission maker specifies. Let's say, for example you do not have a radio. You would only have access to direct chat. If you have a radio, you could be given access to certain channels. Vehicle chat should only show up when in a vehicle.

Making channels dependent upon another object could make for some really cool and interesting scripts or addons.

Imagine in DayZ if you found a ham radio, you could be given access to certain channels, where you could then talk to other users.

Edited by Nicholas

You guys should add the ability to modify the channels even more. Such as vehicle, group, side, and global chat being dependent on whether or not the user has or is using a certain item. This item can be anything that the mission maker specifies. Let's say, for example you do not have a radio. You would only have access to direct chat. If you have a radio, you could be given access to certain channels. Vehicle chat should only show up when in a vehicle.

Making channels dependent upon another object could make for some really cool and interesting scripts or addons.

Imagine in DayZ if you found a ham radio, you could be given access to certain channels, where you could then talk to other users.

I heard there was a mod that already did all of that!

I heard there was a mod that already did all of that!

Well, they should implement it directly into ArmA. :)

Aaaaaaawesome, BIS! Bandwidth-hogging that's always been a problem for many complex mods and mission scripts! Two of the best commands ever made!

Well, they should implement it directly into ArmA. :)

Hrmm, maybe! :p