Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 94209 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Wow, I thought i would never see those commands.

publicVariableServer (run on client)

publicVariableClient (run on server)

Epic

Thanks bis

Seriously, DayZ with radios and direct speech (ACRE) would make this mod really cool. Imagine a player finding a radio and trying to reach someone, picking up transmissions from other users etc. That would make me play that mod.

Those two new commands are brilliant. I'm glad that MP is getting a really large focus these days. It's paving a path of potential success for ArmA 3!

Thx BIS i will have to rewrite many lines of code now

2 important questions:

is official patch near, cause we need to decide if we implement the new commands now and release upcoming MSO a bit later together with official patch or make 2 seperate releases.

It is lovely to see te new PV commands but would there be a way to apply it to setvariable, fe. _object setvariable [_var,_value,"client_id"/ "server" / "public"] - empty would mean false, no broadcasting

Maybe need a new command for backwards-compatibility like SetVariableNetwork

Would be cool to have feedback on that one

Thanks for this nice update, while we're at it, would it be too much to ask for a publicFunction command where you pass a string with the function name? (If function exists in the remote machine)

One other request, is it possible to make publicVariableClient to also accept an object as parameter?

_neo_

Thx BIS i will have to rewrite many lines of code now

2 important questions:

is official patch near, cause we need to decide if we implement the new commands now and release upcoming MSO a bit later together with official patch or make 2 seperate releases.

It is lovely to see te new PV commands but would there be a way to apply it to setvariable, fe. _object setvariable [_var,_value,"client_id"/ "server" / "public"] - empty would mean false, no broadcasting

Maybe need a new command for backwards-compatibility like SetVariableNetwork

Would be cool to have feedback on that one

I am afraid there is no way to answer. Patch is always near and far and gets only released when is considered finished and not containing any regressions. It is certainly not a matter of days, but hopefully in few weeks we may see a final patch 1.61 (public release candidate is nearly certainly coming before the final release a week or so).

I am afraid there is no way to answer. Patch is always near and far and gets only released when is considered finished and not containing any regressions. It is certainly not a matter of days, but hopefully in few weeks we may see a final patch 1.61 (public release candidate is nearly certainly coming before the final release a week or so).

Happy to wait especially while you are adding these great new commands, some of which are major game-changers :D

Confirm the gear bug reported by EricFR. Opened an SP user mission where the player unit was equipped with an M16 M203 ACOG and a full set of M203 grenades, plus a pointless (no ammo) M9 SD. Removed the pistol and everything except the M203 grenades vanished.

Thx maruk!

I know you cant tell extact dates, but knowing that it will take some weeks helps us planning a bit!

Keep up the awsome work!

HH