Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

join in progress, water abilities seeing under water in real lifes usually 10m or less in good conditions. Better colliosn detection like impove clipping and be able to move in vechiles, muliple guns shootin from vechiles, more animations for things like gear on planes etc, theres all the big ones.

About OFP2....

Is there really going to be a OFP2? Im sorry I havent been able to keep up with all the news since the little baby came, Did I miss some official news in the last 3 months? Has anything been confirmed by Marek or Suma? I noticed Suma made a post a few pages back but he neither confirmed or denied the games making. Well that is good news in my book if you ask me.

1. your able to put trenches, make trenchs and trenchs which is already in the game.

2. more weapons.

3. more realilistic tracers.

4. better mission editor.

5. better command options.

6. central command. ( you can control a whole army from your main base)

7. a dynamic campain like Falcon 4.0

8. more rugged terrain.

9. civilians randomly around the islands doing every day buisness

10. more countrys.

11. reconizable areas which you dont ahve to research about (e.i. Iraq, germany, afganistan...)

12. more ships.

13. can pick up gernades and throw them back.

14. no more impact gernades

15. ablity to make camps.

16. REAL enginneers. Enginneers that can build something.

17. can transport vechiles with helos, ships or otehr vehicles.

18. infantry mines.

19. better sounds.

20. more realilistic sounds.

21. better net code. new one isnt good enough.

22. more helos, planes, cars, trucks, tanks, apc's, ships, etc wiht realilistic physics and wiht a simple physics

23. more blood (option to turn on and off)

24. more gore (option to turn on and off)

25. better battle crys. better than just the normal "ahhhh" but more tramatic like in Saving private ryan.

26. all soldiers can patcch up wounded but would make the person would walk slower, sight burry, etc. only medics can completely fix a person.

27. limps can blow off, ripped off. (e.i. like GTA3)

28. more dust, can see mroe serapnel. more stuff flying threw the arir from explostions, gun fire, etc.

29. more citys like Mogidishu somalia. he he. ( yeah im a black hawk down fan :-P)

30. knifes, can hit a guy wiht the butt of your gun.

31. mroe realislistic explostions. (ei mush room clouds from bombs artillery).

32. mortar and artillery which you can shoot using grid system and sight.

33. if your and infantry man you can call on mortar or artillery support wiht out making crap loads of scriptting.

34. can call for infantry without make crap loads of scripting

35. have last names on the helmet.

36. hand commands.

37. can have more than 4 tanks in a group.

38. in the dynamic campain you ahve to stay in the game world. you amke the plans in the game world there are no set missions. YOU HAVE TO PLAN EVERYTHING!!! and the game isnt over until you annihilate or runn the oppsing forces out of the area or island. you camp out over ngiht. when you set of camp you can slelect sleep and the time passes by until a set time you want to get up. or if your on watch you can compress the time by like 64xs or more and if forces are by it reduces to like 4x, 2x, or 1x.

I have more but ive been writing this for awhile lol.

Sea that reacts to the weather (waves and stuff) and the ability to change wind speed/direction

mesh terrain

i dont like the way cliffs have edges.

I would like to finally have an equipment pic for the Strella launcher!

Oh, and the BRDM/MI-24 armour values fixed.  smile.gif

Oh yeah, also grenades that bounce and don't explode on impact.  biggrin.gif

And while I'm at it, maybe trains too... wow.gif

AI soldiers (both friend and foe) need to yell and stuff during battle - like in Russian or English or something. In the Retaliation demo that was put out by one group, they have triggers of soldiers shouting and such during battle - neat stuff. Where's that? And one more thing, where's the sound for going through bushes?

Id like support for Articulated vehicles like low loaders for tanks.

Heavy planes like the B-52 bombers

A more friendly editor. I get along with the one Ive got but It could be better. Like being able to write scripts without going back and forth between windows and OFP.

And Id like the tanks to work better.

Not bothered about the planes but having used Flight Simulator 98,2000,2002 (What a great sim) and FLY,Fly2 I can say the planes are not realistic even one bit, but I dont care, thats not what I purcahsed OFP and Resistance for and I just the the AI fly them in my missions.

That all Andew

sure hellfish. noly if your going to change OFP to the stuff thats on my list :-D

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GuyKorn @ July 20 2002,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sure hellfish. noly if your going to change OFP to the stuff thats on my list :-D<span id='postcolor'>

Well you never know. wink.gif

Only thing i want to really see is a much better netcode. I have played on many dedicated servers and ofp is just brilliant on the dedi servers much better then normal servers. So if you could give us a lag free game on 512 cable with 10 vs 10 players i will be a happy chappie. By the way, OFP2 can do no wrong as long as it follows on from this great game that BIS have given us. Thanks again BIS team, you have given me nearly a years worth playing the greatest game i have ever played. biggrin.gif

Some intereesting ideas but there are a few factors which some have overlooked

1. It takes time to create a piece of software and with the stuff you want in the game it would take a very long time to create because they would have to create a new engine or strip down the current one.

2. Computer limitations??? Flying an F16 with fully detailed cockpit over a 10,000 km squared island that has super detailed water with waves, trees that sway and large towns may sound fun but when you think of how much computer power it will need...

3. The storyline. BIS will probably porve me wrong but how exactly will an OFP 2 fit in to the current events in the three campaigns?

Im not saying your ideas are crap but think more realisticly smile.gif

Some ideas of course are great such as veichles not bouncing all over the place and realistic crashes.

Anyway if there will be an OFP i hope BIS work their magic again tounge.gif

chow

Another thing we all need to realize is that this list is not necessarily here to show Bohemia Interactive Studios what we want, but rather to give them ideas. They generally don't need help with ideas, but this list can never hurt. I just doubt that they base their next game on the requests here. But then, you never know.

Suma and company, while I and others seem petulant in that we always criticize Operation Flashpoint, please realize that the reason we do so is not that we hate it. We love it! That is why we endlessly point out problems. If Counterstrike was the best game I have ever seen, I would ignore Operation Flashpoint and point out Counterstrike's (many) bad points in an attempt to make it even better. But Counterstrike is not my favorite game (as a matter of fact, I think it is incredibly unrealistic and sucks, even for a free game). Operation Flashpoint is my favorite game. And I feel that, with a little more work, it could be absolutely perfect. Already you have gone further than any other developer has dared to go. Even the United States Army's game hasn't lived up to your standard, although they tried. They only managed to improve several small points, usually graphics related (*cough* iron sights and reloading animations *cough*). But on the whole, Operation Flashpoint is by far the better game.

OFP is the only game I play and as long as they keep making it better Im gonna stick to it.

OFP is already the best game I have ever played but thats no excuse for not making it even better tounge.gif

Pointing out the minor buggs in OFP is kinda like when Ur mom tells you not to cross the street.

"Its not to be mean, its because I care."

Well, an AUTORUN  key would be nice. Especially for running long distances, it would be nice if we could have button so that the soldier keeps running without having the key pressed al the time .Mabye this could be made in a future patch for Flashpoint , so we don't have to wait for OFP2  biggrin.gif

That would be handy...

i think the point of having to press the button to run anywhere is that u arent supposed to run full speed everywhere

its meant for a sprint in combat situations u arent meant to run long distances with it, u slow down after a while anyway

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (grey @ July 28 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think the point of having to press the button to run anywhere is that u arent supposed to run full speed everywhere

its meant for a sprint in combat situations u arent meant to run long distances with it, u slow down after a while anyway<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I can decide for myself wheter or not I wanna run around, and besides, on some missions it can be handy, like in multiplay, on a big CTF or whatever mission , and u are all out of vehicles...Anyways, itwould be a handy option,I think.

I want: AP Mines (Without using scripts), nuclear weapons, Stationary AAA & SAMS, AI with an IQ of atleast 10, realistic cities with buildings that you can go any where in, not just the elevator shaft, terrain that can change, and buildings/vehicles that do more than look really weird/turn black, respectively.  I also wouldn't mind MLRS, real radar, naval ships, and aircraft that are realistic.

Speaking of some of that has anyone heard anything more about Independence Lost?

Oh, I also want huge islands that it snows in the winter on, leaves fall in the fall on, and that flowers blosom in the spring on.

Why nuclear weapons? Islands are too small to use those.

My biggie:

A dynamic campaign would make the game infinitely replayable and unpredictable. Missions should auto-generate and execute so it's not micro-management hell but the player should also be able to create their own missions from a pool of available resources using a point and click interface. Of course, the player should be able to jump into any friendly unit currently in the field and blast away. Very ambitious, but I feel this would set OFP apart from the competition just like it put all those vanilla FPSs to shame last year.

If that's too much, build on the Resistance theme where the player carries over resources from one mission to the next. Then, depending on the difficultly level, he's given a pool of men and equipment at the start (depending on the scenario of course) and is given complete freedom of choice what to commit for each mission. To build up slowly or balance the game, his pool could be quite small to begin with (building up with resupplies or captures) or you could have very large missions where it's v. difficult – impossible to win without committing large amounts of men and armour. Or missions where you'd quickly get slaughtered rushing in with a tank. Basically, much more freedom in the planning and execution of a mission, Resistance is a great step in the right direction in that regard.

I don't mean 10 megaton strategic nukes, maybe a Mk57- it's only ~10 klotons or a Davy Crocket-its a 10 ton weapon that you shoot off a recoiless at gun. I also would like to see a western equivilent of the SCUD, maybe a Pershing or Lance or maybe even a Seargant, even if they don't actually land somewhere.

definitely trenches and craters, possibly diggable foxholes. eh? that would be pretty cool. maybe some random wildlife. better indoor environments, i.e. : less bugs when trying to walk around a friggin house. basically other than that, improve all the old stuff.