Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

I cannot find if this was addressed in Resistance, and I have been away a long time from editing, so please give me a little slack if you would.  If there were side specific markers that you could do a 'GetText' type command on to retrieve the typed message, and character specific 'setradiomsg' commands, we could have individuals easily ordering around everthing from helo's and artillery fires, to linking dynamic MP campaigns together (giving choices to the winning AND loosing sides for the next phase of war).

Of course better CQB, and buildings (Resistance has some cool ones now biggrin.gif ), breakable windows, and as someone else put it, an adjustable crouch so you can peek above window frames instead of standing waiting to be shot.  One last and subtly frustrating fix I'd like to see is a more responsive mouse routine (IMO it's sluggish) tied into the 'weights' of different weapons (pistols should point much faster than rifles)

1.85 patch will make a great game fantastic! And I can't wait for OFP2!  Great Job BIS!

what i really want is better animation and water support,pop out of the water with knife in hand and slit a guys throat, drag him into the water instead of kneeling down and his body magicly disapeering beneath the ground.

Ok, much of this stuff has probably been said ten times over, but I am two lazy to read every single post.

OFP:2 wish list

---------------

-Shrapnel for grenades and other weapons such as shells and missiles

-An AI that can use Bunkers and dosnt go prone in them when the enemy approaches......

-Better and more intelligent AI

-AI that will usrrender when things are a bit bleak for them(but will sometimes fight to the death)

-Better Vehicle damage moddeling. Instead of having a 'damage metre', a hit from certain weapons in certain places will be enough to take out a tank(for example, one SABOT from an Abrams hitting at turret enough to take down T-72)

-Better destruction with stuff like turrets flying off tanks

-House deformation instead of deflation

-Terrain Deformation

-More realistic weapons

-Artillery

-Better radio system. No more '2 is down'. It should be more like 'oh no, Johnson is down!' etc.

-Multiple battles happening at one time. The battle you are engaging in might not be the only one happening, maybe a few miles away another one is been fought by another unit

-Better tree destruction. For example, if you shoot at a tree half way up the trunk with a .50 cal MG, the tree will break in half

-Better Soldier entering and exiting animations, they just dont appear in the vehicle

-Dynamic campaign with objectives that change depending on your success or faliures. If you fail to hold a town, insted of getting 'mission failed', you pull back and defend another position. If you succed, you proceed to chass the enemy away

-Better fire effects

-Visible damage on objects etc. So if you shoot a car, a bullet hole will appear where you shot it

---------------------------------

Right, thats all I can really think of at the moment

Most of these ideas are probably near impossible to do with current technology, but you never know, maybe OFP 3....

smile.gif

-MORE REASONABLE AI....

It's gonna be nice if in the next ofp the AI would actually shoot vehicles even when hes only got a rifle(or at least run) and the gunner in vehicles would shoot at soldier's.

AND...c'mon I try to land a chopper smack down in the middle of enemy ifantry, But instead shooting they just go prone and wait for me to disembark...isn't that a little funny?

-MORE DECENT HIT DETECTION SYSTEM...

Please no more bullet proof units (ex.vehicles gunner & drivers....specially BMP Gunner..in OFPR they are imune to rifle fire).

Actually i think these can be done by simple patch...Hope you guy's at BIS read this.

thank you,

OK i got sum simple ideas

1) When at an ammo crate or car or sumthing the abilty to manage your inventory like in the mission breifing would be good, and for units under your control it would show all weps that u can pick up in the area and u slect it like breifing and he goes and picks them up in stead od doing it thru action commands in menu.

2) ability for admins to hand over admin to other players before they go instead of having to vote a new one he can jus make so and so admin then go.

I hope OFP2 will have improved sounds, and weapon RPG7 will be added...I like the OFP gameplay and etc but to tell you the truth, weapon sounds - suck big time!! OFP developers if you need any REAL sound samples of AK, RPG, machine gun, tell me..I can provide you with them at no charge.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Oct. 08 2002,11:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good idea if you're going up against enemies who aren't trained, but Russians? I'm afraid (no westerner likes to accept it) that the Russian infantryman was one of the best trained enlisted conscript soldiers in the world and they wouldn't be yelling to each other in a firefight, because that would give away their position.<span id='postcolor'>

hehe... I think shouting is the last thing to worry about giving away your position in a firefight. There's this little thing called muzzle flush.. LOL.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (THE NKVD @ Oct. 17 2002,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope OFP2 will have improved sounds, and weapon RPG7 will be added...I like the OFP gameplay and etc but to tell you the truth, weapon sounds - suck big time!! OFP developers if you need any REAL sound samples of AK, RPG, machine gun, tell me..I can provide you with them at no charge.<span id='postcolor'>

I made a special config.bin for myself that already does these things. smile.gif

swimming...

in OFP and OFP:R, if you bail out of a plane and parachute into water, you drown.

wtf? every soldier is trained to swim, innit?

My simple suggestions verson 2.

Ability to have more difficulty presets for dedicated servers, we have only cadet and vet to fiddle with and we got them set the same apart from 3rd view and friendly tags, but being able to have more presets means we could have it set up for the larger coops which sum times having sum more options on is needed, and have it so a wider varity of ppl can play they way they want it.

They did great in ofp1 in SP.I would like to see a great MP,Nice and smooth game play,join in and out as you like,unless in co-op play,then let them wait.I would love knifes and pistols. smile.gif

But really they did most of the stuff in Ofp1.

The fact that people are still not bothering to search and I've now had to again pin a "please search" thread means there are too many pinned topic (another thing people complain about) because of that this thread is the one that will lose out.

That's too bad, this is one of the best threads, hopefully it stays at the top through sheer number of replies.

Btw, to stay on topic I'd like more realism in OFP2, take the time to get the little things right please. Also, 3d sights instead of sprites would be nice and remove those crosshairs, I find it funny that on veteran mode on every server i have played on disable friendly tags and all that too be 'realistic' but they keep the crosshairs on 0_o

And if there is only 1 new vehicle class (i know there will be more cause BIS are innovators, but anyways) make it trains !!!! TRAINS!!!! Thats the only vehicle class that was lacking in ofp1. Thank you.

Yup I've always agreed when trains have been suggested, it really would be a superb addition and would certainly add more realism to have a properly working train system smile.gif It also gives us lots of nice variations for different mission type, destroy the track, destroy the train, save the train, free the train from terrorists, all those kinds of things smile.gif

hey, I never even thought about trains, but it's a great idea! And Ithink it would be great to have bus and train timetable as a part of the map, or at least in territory that is not a battlefield.....it would be cool to use trains and buses for guerilla warfare

Trains??? I agree its a good idea but, have you seen the size of the islands? Nogova is a relatively miniscule island and no island that small would have trains :s If they made the islands 5 or 10 times bigger then yeah trains would kick arse. BUT bigger islands = bigger requirement from your system, and I think you would need one hell of a large system to have an island like that...

I think trains would be too much of a step for ofp2...

Lets wait untill ofp3 when most people can actually run stuff like that tounge.gif

Hey Ondrej !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, now the ass kissing is done time for some opinions..

now, Nogova is a nice map, but i dont know what happened when creating it, but the North East is a total shamble to be honest. More cities like Lipany would be great and more wooded areas...

i love Everon due to its diverse vegetation, but hated its small towns.

so what should OFP2 have? bigger maps - better areas - larger towns - i love maps that have little secret areas that are briliant for single missions - areas that you have seen many times, but then in a mission you use it in such a way that it makes it fell totally new - Nogova doesnt give me that.

buildings, whoa! Grenades should bounce off walls - not explode on contact with ground - these are fuses, not detonation on contact.

im happy with US vs Russian - nice topic - i dont want more troops...

one thing, would ofp2, if it ever comes out, be set earlier or later? im not sure what the US army has to say about realistic vehicles from their arsenal.

water - deffinatly needs improving - the maps as they are, the water must be able to go above land - proper rivers and waterfalls - nice ports and cities etc.

generally a general improvement on the game as a whole - all apsects just need some tweaking or major work - then we have a perfect game

dont get me wrong, OFP rocks, i love it, been playing it for over 1 year now and thats the longest ever by a good 10 months.

keep up the good work - and im coming to Prague to buy you a beer tounge.gif (no, seriously, give me an address)

All I want fixed in the next version of OFP is all of OFP's mistakes and things that were missing from it, and its limitations that piss me off so badly.

You know what I want folks?

DRIVE-BY-SHOOTINGS!!! yeah...lol

no kiddin' though. Wouldn't it be cool if you could fire out of a car (don't come with "Tanks do that, you know?" or "Ever ridden a JeepMG?") I'm talking out of the window while in driving (not the driver mimself though...lol).

But think of old gangster-movie drive-by's...I like the idea.

One thing that probably was posted before, but I'm too tired to go through all the 22 sides of posts:

The ability of non-static objects to carry something.

Like the LSD ship...when you have a chopper on it and go to drivers seat of the boat and move it a little, the chopper falls/bounces off. There should be a possibility to "enter" a plane with a tank as passenger, if the plane is big enough (AN124 for ex.)

just my two cents.

Also the ability to have multiple turrets on a vehicle. For instance a machinegun on a tank when turnout.

Reminds me of asking why aren't machine guns modeled on tanks ? So what if you can't use them, but at least tanks would look like they're supposed to. BIS has gone through trouble to texture ERA on the T-80, and to model the gun on Mi-17 (which can't be used), so why not model machine guns on top of tanks, like the M2 on top of Abrams. Speaking of tanks I'd love to see an improved AI driver of armored vehicles. APCs/Tanks when driven by AI spin and roll more often than the tank's turret, what's up with that ?

I am a professional software developer and business manager and I already love the game the way it is.

The only thing that really bugs me: PLEASE SUPPORT COMMAND KEY MAPPINGS/SETUP. It's horrible to use the Backspace key to navigate through the command menus - you have to use the right hand and release the mouse. It would be much better to use command menus using the left hand only (like it is done extremely well in in BattleZone/BattleZone2 for example. This game has a very recommendable command interface).

I suggest mapping the TAB key as the "back" button for command menus (in addition to the Backspace key). This tiny modification will have a huge positive effect on the gameplay.

That's all. Keep up the good work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Czesanne @ Oct. 22 2002,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's horrible to use the Backspace key to navigate through the command menus - you have to use the right hand and release the mouse.  <span id='postcolor'>

I'm left handed so my left hand never leaves the mouse wink.gif Finally a game for us 10% lefties wink.gif