Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

I know it's a bit early but what would you all like to see in ofp2? Personally I would like bigger towns and buildings that you could fight through. Not just a few boxes that you jerk around awkwardly in. Also a more modern context (yes i know IL is coming) but I believe that most people want more modern weapons and equipment. Thermal imaging would be cool for the helicopters, imagine directing fire teams in the woods. Islands as large as the ones in OFP but on the same map so you could fly fighter jets on missions across islands and a greater view distance and deformable terrain and ... I could go on but I'm sure you all have a wish list. wink.gif

Decent collision detection and no bouncing jeeps, or bouncing tanks, or bouncing planes etc...

I would like to see fluffy pink bunnies that can be trained to carry spare M60 magazines smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 21 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to see fluffy pink bunnies that can be trained to carry spare M60 magazines smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Or you could just carry a realistic amount in the game.

More adaptive AI.

Its probably already the best out there but I'd like to see guys who could figure to pick up ammo for themselves when they run out or figure when under attack by armour that it might be worth picking up a LAW or RPG from the dead guy beside them rather than just standing waiting to die.

Or if somebody comes up behind their mounted weapon that disembarking and defending themselves might be a good move.

I know as a squad leader we can tell our own men to do these things but AI commanders could do with a bit more scope sometimes.

Other than that more of the same just bigger and louder.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Guest Titanium

cars that crash like normal, not go through eachother. Take away the cardboard box destroying effect. I wanna see things blow up. better physics. parachutes that dotn kill you when you land on your heels. larger carry capacity. bigger buildings and towns. planes that dont blow up when they tap the ground. planes and choppers that dont blow up if you touch down with the wheels if going fast... you know.. the works.

Better vehicle crash physics. It seems like some cars collide properly only with specific other vehicles.

Ability to shoot out of vehicles. Not very useful, but damn it would be fun.

General engine improvements. Less clipping, more cities, better AI.

Oh yeah, and I think it'd be fun to have a more civilian-based game on the OFP engine.

and one more thing, PISTOLS biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake Plissken @ June 21 2002,22:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and one more thing, PISTOLS biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the rumor is that in about a week, there will be an official 30 dollar addon for that

ok,

Terrain and weather improvements like grassy areas more rainand stuff.

A revised and tweaked command system that would let u have greater control over ur men and also would let u control larger amount of troops via a hierachy system.

Better urban fighting and locations for urban fighting.

British troops and equipment.

More vehicles and better vehicles physics and a few extra weapons like mortars so i can rain shells on ppl.

DECENT MULTIPLAYER !!! with at least a half time option in the middle of rounds so u can pick up extra players if join-in-progress isnt there.Also able to handle lage amounts of players like 128 would be good.

Better terrain that can be deformed. ie Craters and trenches. Also more rolling terrain. You lie down in a field there are ruts in the ground you could find cover in. Long grass, etc.

For AI a sense of self-preservation. ie keep head down with suppressive fire. Fear of running in the open. etc. That would make it more believable.

COLINMAN

Hum...

Real water. I want creeks and rivers and ponds. I want to be able to cross water on foot without dying.

Buildings that crumble, not deflate

No more bouncing vehicles.

Better in game voice communicaiton.

Real flight and driving models.

No more islands. Give us wide open spaces that we could drive for half an hour and not reach the end of.

I want:

-better netcode

-water like in tribes 2 or better

-better graphics

-higher altitude

-bigger maps

-animated models(i mean like the weapons in renegade)

better gravity system(when you set an oject in the air he alls, not hover there)

-shooting while riding in vehicles(and option to disable)

-ingame menues better than now( I WANT NOW).

Well prepare to drop your jaw to the floor, because in one year Soldner: Secret Wars will be released and it has totally deformable terrain, vehicles and best of all, a map that is 6500x3500 kilometers large.

Web site now only consists of a very large picture and forums, but the infos guy there (Teut) is very open!

Linkage

Edit #2, wrong suffix.

Seems the site is gone already. All I get is an ad to buy the web address.

COLINMAN

I would like...animals...

For example, cows, dogs, birds, bears, deers...and fishies... biggrin.gif

i know bigger maps have been stated before but i would like something a bit more ambitious, say all of europe including scandinavia and russia all the way to siberia. or i'll just take a full map of europe, it's got an enough varied landscape to have a battle in any environment.

i'd like:

easy to use misson creator type thing (can't bloody get the hang of it sad.gif )

Vehicles and weapons from a huge timeline (say, 1900 - 2004, assuming opf2 comes out in 2005) so you can do the whole ''Me in my Challenger 2 taking on all the eatern front axis tank force by myself'' type of fantasies.

Shogun style single player campaign, where you have to build up your armies and use a battle map to start invasions (all those ''lets stomp those capitalist american/British/Russian pigdogs'' fantasies).

Good graphics (with no glitches)

Ability to dig in, trenches, pillboxes...

medium mortars, booby-trap mines, maybe somietimes artillery support.

1) Fix the building clipping problems (thicker walls) and collision detection so you dont get jammed in dorways and have to go prone to get out.

2) Peek/lean movements to look round corners/objects (the sight view is still offset when looking through windows with bar/frames)

3) More combined tactics ability. This game makes its mark on use of air, land, sea vehicles... it cant compete on the foot soldier alone field (a la Rainbow six, Rogue Spear, Ghost Recon etc) and stay a winner. Maps need to include AT LEAST 2 flat airfields for team dogfight from takeoff in planes. More planes than the CAS types (transport, bombers and fighters) ... the imbalance can be corrected between soldiers and aircraft by making soldiers hard to spot (the manportable sams are a great defense).

4) An easy "mission objective" allocation in the editor for targets.. scripting the destruction of 20 targets with grouped triggers can be a chore.

5) Real NATO troops and equipment, not just American smile.gif

6) Easier implementation and removal of mods that doesnt require uninstall/reinstall and reformat, but with a checker to stop cheat trainers.

7) Rivers/lakes you can cross, snow, proper destruction of buildings, glass in the windows, mud when it rains, dust when its dry, slower movement in Gorse/heather and lots more low vegetation smile.gif.

8) Not requiring Gamespy or dedicated servers to find good, honest players biggrin.gif

What do we want to see in Operation Flashpoint II? Why, the impossible, naturally. But then, you already gathered that from these other posts. Me, I would like to see many of these implemented, and more. However, I would settle for real flight models. Please, have some fighter pilots test it for you until it is right. That is the only think I cannot be happy with about Operation Flashpoint. Everything else I can bear, and even be happy with.

Maybe if enough people share my view on flying, they will pay more attention to it.

Oh and another thing I would really like is the ability a la Rainbow 6 to set your men to cover an area. Or snipe from a position. Then asigning sub teams would be really useful. "Snipers on my mark". Then you could set an ambush using purely your own AI. And then we move on to setting waypoints for your men. Getting a bit GR here wink.gif But it would be cool. I know you could do it using the editor but I don't think you can do it on the fly.