Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93701 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[93701] Fixed: Changing gear in briefing screen is not working reliable in MP (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/16421)

[93680] Optimized: MP: attachTo no longer sends a message when the attachment does not change.

[93672] Fixed: Unable to access AI soldier's gear in map

[93670] Fixed: Prone units stop engaging (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32475)

BattlEye support: ENABLED, enjoy! ...

Edited by Dwarden

OOOO cant wait to test

[93680] Optimized: MP: attachTo no longer sends a message when the attachment does not change.

I downloaded this beta patch, installed it correctly but when i try to join a dayZ server I get the "battleye, unknown game version" error, can you please help me?

I downloaded this beta patch, installed it correctly but when i try to join a dayZ server I get the "battleye, unknown game version" error, can you please help me?

No wonder the Moderators get soooo annoyed ...... EVERY beta release someone says this!

READ!

BE support: not yet, PENDING ...

Some patience and it will be updated for battleye

Gnat;2170503']No wonder the Moderators get soooo annoyed ...... EVERY beta release someone says this!

READ!

Some patience and it will be updated for battleye

it's a vast community... we can certainly take turns :)

@andreamit it's your turn next time :p

sorry I'm new, I didn't know that BE was standing for battleye, I made it work anyway ;)

Wow, they are coming faster than I can install them. love it. :D

Heh, Buliwyf's pet peeve was finally fixed. Who'd have thunk it? :D

must be on your end. no lod problems. and also no reports from others here. check your settings/installs!

i noticed rapid LOD switching on a few bushes on chernarus, like the bush was changing position a bit 2 times a second

[93701] Fixed: Changing gear in briefing screen is not working reliable in MP (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/16421)

really? wow, i thought i would never see the day where this gets fixed (5 years now since arma1 release? lol)

Thanks a lot for the Gear fixes! Those are the bugs that annoy everyone but people have learned to live with it.

Keep them coming!

Is it just me or has this latest beta reintroduced the old bug where AI run around looking through their grenade launcher sights all the time?

Is it just me or has this latest beta reintroduced the old bug where AI run around looking through their grenade launcher sights all the time?

How do you know when an AI is looking through its grenade launcher sights?

Because the rifle is pointed about 20 degrees up! I can see a clear difference if I give some of an AI squad grenade launchers and some not.

I remember bugs with AI looking through their binos most of the time, I can't remember anything re grenade launchers :O

Is there a ticket on the matter?

I still see some units sometimes looking every 10-15 secs through their binocs. The problem is it is so hard to nail down when this happens. And it seems not to affect all units in player group. It's annoying but the solution is to command them to drop the binocs..

I remember bugs with AI looking through their binos most of the time, I can't remember anything re grenade launchers :O

Is there a ticket on the matter?

It's one of those bloody things which won't happen when I try to repro it! As soon as I've worked out how, I'll write up a ticket. For what it's worth, it happens at the same time as the units getting binocular happy (usually during or after an extended engagement).

I still see some units sometimes looking every 10-15 secs through their binocs. The problem is it is so hard to nail down when this happens. And it seems not to affect all units in player group. It's annoying but the solution is to command them to drop the binocs..

If you mean this issue, it happens if you let your AI take weapons out of ammo crates or dead bodies. After they did that, they will make excessive use of binocs and possibly take out their NVG's instead of the binoc. Even worse, they continue to use NVG's like binocs if you order them to drop the latter.

If you mean this issue, it happens if you let your AI take weapons out of ammo crates or dead bodies. After they did that, they will make excessive use of binocs and possibly take out their NVG's instead of the binoc. Even worse, they continue to use NVG's like binocs if you order them to drop the latter.

+1 Vote for this bug. I ALWAYS get this because I tend to customize my AI teammates' loadout in-game with ammo crates. I'm forced to have them drop the NVGs they're using as binos every 15 seconds and pick them up again to make the problem go away for that individual AI. Thanks again BIS, at least there's a slight few dedicated developers left out there who care for their own customers and products.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Accidental double post

one member of group, with binocs, is designated as dedicated spotter ... will use it's binocs ... read SUMA's comment somewhere in BIF about it