Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93666 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

I loved new 93666 beta patch with new tone mapping, until nightfall.

This is how night looks like now:

night666.th.jpg

Rolling back to 93616 for night play.

I loved new 93666 beta patch with new tone mapping, until nightfall.

This is how night looks like now:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1121/night666.th.jpg

Rolling back to 93616 for night play.

Please could you be more specific what you dislike about the night play? You feel it must be absolutely obvious from the screen but to me it is not. Stars?

Please could you be more specific what you dislike about the night play? You feel it must be absolutely obvious from the screen but to me it is not. Stars?

I think he means how the sky and fog are somewhat luminous but the ground and all objects are completely black. Doesn't really make any sense.

well considering he maxxed gamma and brightness and there is no lightsource like moon or sun above horizont ...

i think it makes perfect sense that black is black :)

time to start learn how use flares and chemsticks :cool:

I'm sorry.

This is how it looks on 93616:

I can make out some details of what's what.

It's not complete pitch black on the ground.

night616.th.jpg

This is "Pitch Black" 93666:

night666.th.jpg

Both pictures taken with same video settings (HDR set to Very High)

*If you can't see a difference turn monitor brightness up

@Dwarden

Lol, chemlights and flares gets you killed ;)

Edited by GROM64
additional details provided

thats why you use them wisely :)

So if use these beta i will have a big disadvantage on a pvp game on a night mission against other players that don't have it!

Exactly,especially with that 2-list fix ... people who don't use beta will be able to spot you easier ! and ofcourse with that graphical fix :S

Hopefully,it's not devs problem :P

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Crash after last update. Played a few games and just now got arma2oa.exe has stopped working. Had a few fps drops before crash happened and must say that game never ever crashed on me before. Not sure if its patch, but sure looks like it.

RPT > HERE

Hmm I might try removing custom memory allocators, I see one of them hanged for some reason.

Edited by _MaSSive

you do realize the inteltbb4 is default allocator, removing it isn't exactly wise

also you know the drill, either upload archive with mdmp, bidmp and rpt to CIT ticket or send to my email ...

LODs are bad for me in this beta! i am going to compare with the last one and see if got worst from last one (93616).

LODs are bad for me in this beta! i am going to compare with the last one and see if got worst from last one (93616).

Can you post screens? LODs seem fine for me.

There is something evil about this patch, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Image Tone Mapping:

before

after

Maybe I am just slightly blind, or then I don't know what to look for but I don't really see any difference there. Or maybe I need more coffee to wake up completely :-/

I'm sorry

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2457/night616.th.jpg

@Dwarden

What's wrong with that? I live in a similar environment to Czech Republic/Chernarus and this is generally how it looks at night time provided there is enough moonlight.

I'm sorry

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2457/night616.th.jpg

@Dwarden

On a related note: Don´t max Gamma and Brightness! It looks ugly and gives you an unfair advantage over other players :q:

Not sure if this is just an effect from this beta but some of the containers in the yard in NE Chernarus are switching between dark red and light brown/grey when the LODs change ? It only happens to some of them, and I have not been aware of this in previous betas.

I like the tone changes and general graphical 'feel' of this beta though - for the tall trees near the yard above are some of the worse offenders in terms of LOD changes (they almost went from leaf-less to full bloom) but this iteration it much better at handling the changes.

cj

On a related note: Don´t max Gamma and Brightness! It looks ugly and gives you an unfair advantage over other players :q:

Advantage is what I'm aiming for.

I'll use any kind to survive :p

*I won't use any hacks, or disconnect in PvP but:

If it's in the game settings, or

If I'll find convenient exploit: like (gutting cow together yields more meat)

I will take unfair advantage, especially with patch number 666 :y:

I really like the new colors (day time).

+ the sky at night helps when playing DayZ.

I played last night, no clouds and the moon must have been low or ascending but overall a lot more precise.

Good work.

Awesome beta patch as always! I especially love that you 'fixed' the gamma/brightness 'cheat'!

I use personaly gamma 0.85 and brightness 1.15 for give more contrast / intensity to the color.

But, why not in the next patch use pre-determined color ? exemple if server / mod use default option, it will take the user settings, and if server set " filmic " or an other preset that bypass client settings ?

Its like "grass" server side. But anyway, contrast/brightness can be changed by the video card driver. And probably impossible to fix.

Awesome beta patch as always! I especially love that you 'fixed' the gamma/brightness 'cheat'!

I guess my DayZ days are over, didn't spend thousands on a PC just to look a three black monitors. NVGs only use the centre monitor as well.

Night time is easy mode versus AI, be it DayZ or OA anyway. The player always has the advantage in the dark.

Could someone spend some cups on this issue ?

Tried it, I can reproduce it