Sign in to follow this  
Resilient

Are you going to upgrade because of ARMA 3?

670 or 660TI if there comes one.. 8GB should be enough but maybe I upgrade to 16 GB.... thats all...

a new MB / CPU is too expensive at the moment and wouldnt give that much more performance as I already have a 2500k @ 4.6 Ghz.. but I wait till A3 beta!

I will buy a new computer: i5 3570 (ivy bridge), ati hd 5870 1 gb gddr5, 8 gb ram ddr3 1600. I probably will buy before ArmA 3 is released 8 gb ram more, so I will have 16.

Is there any indication that Arma 3 will run on an SLI/Crossfire configuration since, correct me if I am wrong, Arma 2 did not effectively utilize it?
yeah, you are wrong.

lol pufu u mad sli nevoar werx

5 minutes of ArmA 2.

lolpufu.jpg

With ArmA 3 having PhysX, I'm pretty sure Nvidia is more than willing to make a nice SLI Profile for it.

It already has a profile in the Nvidia drivers for months now. (arma3.exe and arma3demo.exe)

28knju8.jpg

I will definitely upgrade my old rig (4 year's old) for complete new one. I will just keep my 2 SSD.

I had to upgrade when ARMA2, so I definitely need it, that is why I still play arma combat operations from time to time

Technically I over-killed for ArmA II, so yeah... I could run ArmA III at super strength. I spent so much that I don't have anything for food lol

Technically I over-killed for ArmA II, so yeah... I could run ArmA III at super strength. I spent so much that I don't have anything for food lol

System specs, please? :P

Just upgraded mine in preparation. Actually my old machine (Dual core E6750, 2Gb RAM, GTX460) just shat itself after 2.5 years of solid Arma2 thrashing, but I was going to upgrade to a new machine anyway!

Core i5 3.4GHz, 16Gb RAM, 120 Gb SSD, GTX570. Arma2 runs like a rocket, I have high hopes that the Arma3 experience will be pleasant!

I will definatley be upgrading, atm I really have no choice as I cant play any game right now for that matter.

I been running with a single core cpu for probably 5 years now, and the newest one I got already 3 yrs old is failing me and overheats.

I dont know what its like to have a dual core, or a quad, or what have you, Once I do upgrade, and big i will I'll probably feel like I

crawled out of a cave and strained my eyes by getting a shot of sun.

@CTCoco

i7 2700k 3.9ghz (Cross server so it has part Xeon in it)

ATI radeon 6950 2gb DDR5

16gb @1600mhz DDR3

Three harddrives, all about half a gigabyte and old.

850 Watt Power supply

50gb Solid State Drive

Cooler Master case

WII and PS3 Setup for emulation.

Track IR 5 and a new keyboard and mouse

Everything else is built into my Intel motherboard, btw... just go with Intel... its more efficient than other ones.

i upgraded to GTX 680 2 months ago with ARMA 3 in mind :bounce3::yay::cool::bounce3:

Almost done building my new rig. Just need to order the 670 GTX, some more fans, and probably a new monitor and I'm good to go.

i upgraded to GTX 680 2 months ago with ARMA 3 in mind :bounce3::yay::cool::bounce3:

I hope you know that ArmA III will force PhysX to run on the CPU for everyone. An NVIDIA card will not get you better performance with PhysX.

Unless they've since changed this, but I'm sure I would have heard.

I hope you know that ArmA III will force PhysX to run on the CPU for everyone. An NVIDIA card will not get you better performance with PhysX.

It would be good to get official qualification about this. I too was going to go the NVidia route because of PhysX until it was pointed out about the CPU implementation. Sensible from a design point of view I suppose. I'm now more willing to go for an AMD 7970 Ghz edition than a 670 since benchmarks show it's significantly faster in Arma2.

i have a way powerfull CPU and RAM so i don't care :cool: the card is good in other games as well :bb: plus i always roll with nvidia, never had an AMD\ATI card

i have a way powerfull CPU and RAM so i don't care :cool: the card is good in other games as well :bb: plus i always roll with nvidia, never had an AMD\ATI card

There is nothing like way too powerful hardware when it comes to arma hehe ;)

I'm somewhat in progress of upgrading but hearing the incredibly well made sounds in arma 3, I should want me some nice onkyo reciever and pair of jamo monitors. Darn it, too many excuses on where to spend lately :rolleyes:

as far as i can judge by the E3 videos on tube, arma's going to be fast and robust, so we shouldn't be afraid :D

I will upgrade. Atleast sometime around when I know for sure what it'll take to run it smooth on high settings.

I wont do like I've done for all other titles. Just stick with the computer I have and run it on "decent" settings even if it bugs me out.

I want it all this time. ALL, I say.

I'll decide what I'm going to buy CPU, GPU, board and memory wise a month before release.

What I am getting for sure is.

- 42" to 47" LED HDTV [Likely LG Cinema series]

- PCIe SSD for the exclusive use of Bohemia's games and Ground Branch when it comes out.

- HAF Series case

- Saitek X-65F

- Throat mic

- Do not Disturb sign

I don't know for sure yet because I tend to not enjoy games as much these days, as I used to.

I already have a good computer, 120gig Corsair Force 3 SSD, i5 2500k at 4.5ghz, and an HD 5870 1gig. But I would really love to move up to a big 27" monitor with a very high resolution (2550x1440) and that would require a better graphics card. Depending on if/when I do the upgrade, I plan on getting a 680GTX. It wouldn't just be for Arma3 though, I would also love to be able to crank other games like GTA5 and ArcheAge and whatever else takes my fancy. But again, I'm still not even sure I will do this. It's a lot of money and I don't *need* to upgrade.

Yes, I will upgrade after I see how the Alpha (or beta) goes with my current computer. I currently have a GTX 470..... I'm willing to spend $500 and up for a new video card. Also, I might add some more RAM (I've already got 8 gig of RAM, but 16 gig would be nice.) After the release of the full milsim, I'll have to test it out and see how things go. I might upgrade the CPU depending on how the current CPU handles the Milsim.

Yes, I will upgrade after I see how the Alpha (or beta) goes with my current computer. I currently have a GTX 470..... I'm willing to spend $500 and up for a new video card. Also, I might add some more RAM (I've already got 8 gig of RAM, but 16 gig would be nice.) After the release of the full milsim, I'll have to test it out and see how things go. I might upgrade the CPU depending on how the current CPU handles the Milsim.

Arma 3 has already been shown to play well on a first generation Intel Core processor, so unless you have a very basic Core 2 Duo/Quad or an AMD processor, I don't think you'd need to upgrade the CPU, unless you really want to of course, lol.

I think I bloody well have to. I'm not very exited about being forced to switch from XP to Win7 though - I use it at work and I utterly hate it (no proper XMouse - without bringing to front - function that works in all software). I'm considering just dropping out of gaming completely and get myself a Linux box instead. If I upgrade (more likely though), I'll keep my cabinet with carrying handles (love those!), and replace everything within except my Raptor which will become dedicated Arma drive :p